closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: FAKE ROLEX IN TURKEY!

FAKE ROLEX IN TURKEY!

Just back from a week in Turkey, just 30 degrees every day!

Anyway, on a day trip to Antalya we stopped off at one of these jewelry stores that seem to be common place with tours complete with hard sell staff who won't just let you wander round and mooch.

There were some nice pieces in there, some lovely Zenith's, Vacheron's and some I hadn't heard of before but also some Seiko's you can't get hold of in the UK.

I jokingly said to the salesman "just as well you don't have any Rolex" and then he pointed me to a cabinet dedicated to Rolex with various styles and models.

He then informed me that they were fake. However, unlike the fake market stall dealers where you can pick one up for £60 this company were making them in 18ct gold and white gold.
    They had a Daytona with a leather strap and thinking it steel asked him how much he was selling that for he said it was 18 carat white gold and was 18,000 Euros! WTF!!!
    What is the point of producing fakes at that price when you can buy the real thing for that much (or at least I think you can!)

Blog Entries

Re: FAKE ROLEX IN TURKEY!

:shock:

Hit me turkey!

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Methinks he was teasing you - around EUR18k is the correct value for a WG Daytona on cow :wink:

Journeyman

Also just back from Turkey. Amused by calls from a seller- 'great prices, genuine fakes' as well as 'cheaper than Primark' and 'Calvin Kleins, big b*llocks, no problem'!! Suffice as to say I didnt succumb, watches were not good, quartz movements and I didnt fit the criteria on the Calvin Kleins!
    :lol:

Grand Master

i once bought a fake panerai in greece before i became a wis. the second hand fell off whilst i was on the plane home! :(
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Journeyman

My favourite was - buy 1 get 12 free!!

They have fake everything in Turkey, I saw an old guy working in the fields wearing wellies with Adidas logos & 3 stripes up the sides :D

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B
    They have fake everything in Turkey, I saw an old guy working in the fields wearing wellies with Adidas logos & 3 stripes up the sides :D
    :D excellent!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by blogger
    My favourite was - buy 1 get 12 free!!
    :drunken:

Methinks he was teasing you - around EUR18k is the correct value for a WG Daytona on cow
    That's the thing though - he wasn't teasing. All of the other models they sold had the appropriate authorised dealership logos and back boarding etc.

The fake Rolexes were just sitting in a cabinet, no branding, none of the usual Rolex stuff you see in an AD (which I saw in another jewellers in Turkey who was an AD) - just copies.

I told him before he told me they were copies I was after a Sub so he is hardly likely to be pulling my plonker if he thinks he's got a chance at selling me the real deal.

Very Bizarre!

Bizarre indeed !!

I've seen fakes that have the WG dials for the usual $200-300, but can't recall ever hearing of a copy made in genuine gold for big $$$s :blackeye:

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    Bizarre indeed !!

I've seen fakes that have the WG dials for the usual $200-300, but can't recall ever hearing of a copy made in genuine gold for big $$$s :blackeye:
    Why would you either make or buy one. :?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

I would take the turkey back, every turkey should have a genuine Rolex inside.

Solid gold plating, I bet.

Turkey would seem to have a long way to go before it's ready to join the EU, though is Greece any better?

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    Bizarre indeed !!

You can buy solid gold fake Rolex bracelets etc. Just hunt around !