closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Check this website

Blog Entries

Check this website

Any feedback on watche sfrom this website is appreciated
    http://www.wernersflyingwatches.com

I'm a little puzzled that you repeatedly post links to and ask questions about, cheap watches which for the main part are fitted with equally cheap Chinese movements. The fact that Quadra Time Machine on the link page is a 32 jewel (or 35 jewel, depending which part of the description you read) automatic watch tells you immediately that the pedigree is not German (as claimed) or even European. I find it strange that none of them actually say "Made in Germany" on the dial.

They may well be value for money and reliable but who can know? The movement is an unknown entity and descriptions such as "......The 35 Jewel movement gives above average accuracy, and the whole watch is just. . well. . simply lovely." hardly tell us a great deal about what's inside or who made it.

I think it's a safe bet that if they were everything the seller would have you believe them to be, then this and every other watch forum would be full of information about them. Whatever the seller claims them to be, they certainly have no place in the military watch forum.

Here's some info on the "Tauchmeister" watches from the same seller:

<center><iframe name="Rubbish" src="http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:igotqGG2xc4J:www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/Forum/webbbs_config.cgi%3Fnoframes%3Bread%3D415694+tauch meister+%2Bwatch&hl=en" width="600" height= "600"></iframe></center>

If anybody thinks I've been a bit harsh then that's because I'm fed up with sellers trying to pass off Asian and Ensvissengarten junk as German, Swiss or Japanese watches. It's even worse than selling replicas because at least you usually know you're buying a fake then.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Re: Check this website

Quote Originally Posted by bond
    Any feedback on watche sfrom this website is appreciated
    http://www.wernersflyingwatches.com
    My honest opinion: :pottytrain5:

My insincere opinion: They are lovely, especially this sweet little Werner Von Braun. :pukeleft:
    http://www.wernersflyingwatches.com/pro ... p?ProID=14

I am sorry if I am too subtle.

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Thomas Reid
    In this case, being a limited edition might be a good thing. Especially if it were limited to nil. :)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master
    If you click the view features link you get the following.

Technical Data:
    44mm across the face (Excluding crown).Depth13mm.
    Accurate 32 Jewel Automatic movement with manual wind possible.
    Reads:Day/Date/24Hour dial/Month/Year.
    Luminova Hands/Numeral markers.
    100 Metres/10Atm water resistant!!.
    Glass back movement viewing window.
    Super quality real leather strap.
    24 Month warranty.
    FREE SHIPPING!!.

I have seen Elysee watches that have the same 4 sub dial configuration. I own a few Elysee and they are assembled in Dusseldorf and use Miyota movements. I'm not sure if this 4 subdial movement is made by Miyota or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Grath
    If you click the view features link you get the following.

Technical Data:
    44mm across the face (Excluding crown).Depth13mm.
    Accurate 32 Jewel Automatic movement with manual wind possible.
    Reads:Day/Date/24Hour dial/Month/Year.
    Luminova Hands/Numeral markers.
    100 Metres/10Atm water resistant!!.
    Glass back movement viewing window.
    Super quality real leather strap.
    24 Month warranty.
    FREE SHIPPING!!.

I have seen Elysee watches that have the same 4 sub dial configuration. I own a few Elysee and they are assembled in Dusseldorf and use Miyota movements. I'm not sure if this 4 subdial movement is made by Miyota or not.
    The 4 sub dial arrangement seems common to quite a lot of Elysee and some knock-off watches so I guess the Miyota movement is doing the rounds in the far east as well as Germany.

Not only Miyota, there must be a dozen Chinese movements available with this configuration. I'm not knocking the Chinese movements simply because they are Chinese but because they are cheaply made and no spares available.

If it was Miyota, I would be very comfortable with it.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Grand Master
    Let's just call it cr*p and be done with it ... you are right Eddie, this is beginning to smell unpleasantly.

While I am happy to deliberate the respective advantages of Seiko and Rolex (a 20-fold price span, but two proven and established brands), I draw the line at these Chinese monsters ... :(
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Mick

Tauchmeister Watches

Hi there,
    this is my first review and I hope I don`t make a complete fool of myself.
    I was a bit intrigued by various opinions and reports I have read on different watch forums about Tauchmeister Watches.
    I ordered a Tauchmeister A1172 reproduction of a WW2 German Diver Watch and received it beginning of this week.
    It arrived in a Aeromatic 1912 tin, securely bolstered by a generous amount of foam and with a warranty card. The finish of the watch is excellent and I was really impressed with the leather strap, which is over 3 mm thick and suits the watch well ( usually I wear anything that ticks on a Nato Strap ). The screw down crown loosens and fastens smoothly and the winding (yeah I know, handwinding is for....) has a nice resistance to it and let`s you know when you are done. Over the last week the accuracy was about -5 to -7 seconds a day, which IMHO is not too bad at all.
    The claims of limited edition (mine is No. 220/400) is something I do not really care about, nor about the 500m water resistance ( if I ever end up more than 10m down, I really don`t think I will worry about how late it is ).
    The watch has a very solid feel to it, the lume is bright ( hands only, no markers ) and, what I like most about it : It is different.
    While I don`t know much about the movement ( Aeromatic 3165HW-17 ?!? ) I can only say that it has hacking seconds, keeps good time and you can see a couple of jewels and a part of it through a tiny window at the back of the watch.
    Yes, they are a new brand.
    Yes, they are of obscure origin.
    BUT : Wouldn`t it be boring if eveybody would be walking around, depending on one`s income, with a Seiko or a Rolex?
    I am willing to give it a try and see how well or how bad the watch will cope with the abuse of daily life.
    My opinion: A good watch for the price.

Welcome to the forum Mick and I'm please you are happy with your new Tauchmeister. I don't recall anyone trashing the watches, rather questioning the false provenance surrounding them. It's unlikely that these are German watches or even manufactured in Germany but that's the image they work hard to portray.

If they're a good watch, then they should be totally honest about the history. If it says it's a limited edition of 400, then 400 only should it be.

Eddie

Mick

Tauchmeister

Hi Eddie,
    I agree with you in principle. Things should do ( or be ) exactly what it says on the tin.
    And I belive that you are right: The only German item on the watch was probably the stamp on the parcel ( well, it WAS send from Germany ), but then, my Suzuki was built in Hungary. And while my bosse`s Mercedes had to be towed to the garage 3 times in the last year, my little Bruno is still ticking over nicely.
    Well, what I am really trying to say is: Life is far toooo serious, work is far toooo hard and beer is far toooo expensive.
    So, let`s not argue about a 50 quid watch, it`s origins, merits, heritage and/or right to exist. I just tried to answer the question that was originally asked.
    Let`s have some fun and try something different. If it does not work out, well, we will know better next time.
    I am collecting watches since the early 80`s, when I was in the (German) army and came in contact with the Tutima and Sinn service watches.
    My first privatly bought watch was the Omega `Moonwatch`, loved it, just kept breaking off the pushers when I was pi**ed.
    My biggest disappointment was my Rolex Submariner, bought off a certified dealer in my hometown : Bl**dy thing never kept accurate time. Had it regulated 6 times and ended up giving it to my dad, his sight was dodgy, so he couldn`t care less.
    So, now I am buying `strange` watches, like that Sorna 70`s Tegrov Chrono a couple of years ago from you ( still lilke that BIG mutlicoloured thing), and I am having a whale of a time.
    Now I never spend mor than 70 or maybe, if I am really pushed 100 £ on a watch and have one to wear whatever my mood or need.
    I would like to apologise to all the good folk that take this `watch business` REALLY serious.
    I do not wish to offend anybody, just having fun.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

If they're a good watch, then they should be totally honest about the history. If it says it's a limited edition of 400, then 400 only should it be.

Eddie
    I got interested briefly in the Aeromatic 1912 series of 'flieger' style watches - there were a lot of them on eBay at one time. I finally figured out their 'limited edition' angle. They invent various options - dial color, marker style, hand style, case material, bracelet design, etc. (for example).
    Even if they had, say, only three variations of each of those five options, then we get 3*3*3*3*3 = 243 combinations. Making 400 of <u>each combination</u> gives a total production run of 243*400 = 97,200 watches - not too shabby!

Cheers,

Craftsman

Poljot does the same thing with their LE's

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    I got interested briefly in the Aeromatic 1912 series of 'flieger' style watches - there were a lot of them on eBay at one time. I finally figured out their 'limited edition' angle. They invent various options - dial color, marker style, hand style, case material, bracelet design, etc. (for example).
    Even if they had, say, only three variations of each of those five options, then we get 3*3*3*3*3 = 243 combinations. Making 400 of <u>each combination</u> gives a total production run of 243*400 = 97,200 watches - not too shabby!

Cheers,
    Poljot has changed hands, marker shapes, fonts, etc. to produce multiple LE's of 999 watches for a long time.

I'd be interested in finding out if and how inter-related the various eprey dealers of these brands of watches are to each other

Just idle curiousity.

In spite of advising a friend otherwise he bought this:
    http://www.wernersflyingwatches.com/pro ... ?ProID=186

I've had a chance to check it out. The case is not bad at all ... I was quite surprised and impressed by it. But the dial printing and the hand quality are atrocious - making it look like a child?s toy. The fairly large crown is screwed but when you unscrew it ... sits on a very wide thread, like a bottle top. If everything is taken into consideration I have one word for it ... Neanderthal.

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    If everything is taken into consideration I have one word for it ... Neanderthal.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right between the eyes, that one. :D

The original blurb is good for a chuckle, too:

Totally fantastic watch with a chronograph section working from 1/10 sec to 1 hour. This really is something else!!.

The Numeral arrangment is based on a Former Luftwaffe Night Fighter pilots watch. Stunning design and build quality, and excellent value!!!
    I think I have heard the word "stunning" so often in connection with watches that it may lose its meaning ... in my mind, it is becoming sysnonymous with "trivial".
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")