closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new tatoo

Master

My new tatoo

well i've been fumbling about what to get on my arm for ages until one day I told my tatooist to just leave the day free and sod the cost, he designed this for me on the morning, then on the afternoon tatooed it onto my right arm, it needs finishing off with a tree to the right and the names of my friends on his death list plus a little bit more backround colour and some colouring to his robes and hand, but not bad for 3 hours work :)

Thanks,
    Andrew

Re: My new tatoo

Ouch!

Not sure what to make of this ...

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

:shock: thats pretty hard core... hope you still like it in 40 years time!!

Nice one big man, show us a nipple shot :D

oh yeah, and it's TATTOO (not tatoo) so make sure you triple check the spelling of those names won't you :)

(nice to see you around BTW!)

Sorry - don't like it at all - very morbid.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

That is wrong on so many levels. :(

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    Nice one big man, show us a nipple shot :D
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Master

The names of your friends on his death list? Are those living or dead friends? I'm not sure I'd like to be living and on my mate's tattoo's death list... :?
    Good artwork though.

Great Andrew, you'll love that once you're 30+ :mrgreen:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Master

"not my bag"

Journeyman

Just listening to "Don't fear the Reaper" Blue Oyster Cult on radio 2.

Maybe its an omen :shock:

Tats, not for me :?

Thomas Reid

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3
    The names of your friends on his death list? Are those living or dead friends? I'm not sure I'd like to be living and on my mate's tattoo's death list... :?
    Good artwork though.
    With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master

:D well i like it, my mates think it's cool having their names on the list, i really like the reaper, and have wanted a tattoo of this nature for a while, it's a hard decision to make, but at the end of the day it's something i wanted, and i wanted to be different :D more work to come on thursday, so i'll post up the results after :)
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims
    +1 :shock:

You may like it now but i think you will eventually come to regret it !(how do you get them removed?)

Thomas Reid

Quote Originally Posted by jonny

You may like it now but i think you will eventually come to regret it !(how do you get them removed?)
    It's done. He might as well enjoy it for as long as possible. It is of little use to fret about the future now.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master

regrets i've had a few, if my biggest is a bad tattoo then i figure my life would be pretty great, there are soo many other things that you will eventually regret doing, why not add one more to the list :)
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny

It's done. He might as well enjoy it for as long as possible. It is of little use to fret about the future now.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    +1 - It's your arm Andrew, and if you like it that's all that matters. Better give Derek his nipple shot - he can be very persistent :D

Sorry Andrew, not my thing but if it 'floats your boat', enjoy it.

Rod

What if you wish to continue losing weight - will it lose weight too or will it go all crinkly and have stretch marks?

dunk

On a sidenote, anyone else thought of WENDY? :lol: :lol:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by sundial
    What if you wish to continue losing weight - will it lose weight too or will it go all crinkly and have stretch marks?

dunk
    on the arm i guess it's a possibility, but at the minute i'm only 1 stone away from my goal weight, so i guess there ain't that much to lose, unless i lose a stone off my right arm!! :lol:
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Any further south and i would have wet feet

It's your arm and your decision...so if you like it then that's great.
    Personally i also think its a bit morbid,but its better than a dodgy Popeye.......

One of the things that put me off getting a tattoo is "Police are searching for a man with a tattoo of the grim reaper on his shoulder".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

:shock: each to their own, it's your arm! But i won't be doing that to mine anytime soon.

tattoos are a very personal thing anyway and what means a lot to 1 person will mean nothing to another, can't wait to see the finished product though.

Quote Originally Posted by dawson2k5
    :D well i like it, my mates think it's cool having their names on the list, i really like the reaper, and have wanted a tattoo of this nature for a while, it's a hard decision to make, but at the end of the day it's something i wanted, and i wanted to be different :D more work to come on thursday, so i'll post up the results after :)
    Thanks,
    Andrew
    That's what its all about,having something that YOU like! :wink:

Maybe tattoos have a lot to do with peer pressure as do piercings. If you wish to be in one of those crowds then is up to the individual. Personally I cant see what they achieve apart from maybe short term satisfaction until the novelty wears off - then you might have to have another one - and another ... bit like smoking maybe. Tattoos seem to categorize people into a peer group and if the tattoo is visible it could have a negative effect with potential employers when job hunting.

dunk

Maybe tattoos have a lot to do with peer pressure as do piercings. If you wish to be in one of those crowds then is up to the individual. Personally I cant see what they achieve apart from maybe short term satisfaction until the novelty wears off - then you might have to have another one - and another ... bit like smoking maybe. Tattoos seem to categorize people into a peer group and if the tattoo is visible it could have a negative effect with potential employers when job hunting.

dunk

Bit of an old fashioned view me thinks :?

dunk

+1

Sorry Andrew, not for me. Never really seen the appeal in "tats" and not sure how this fits with your recent(ish) posting about your doorman job. Seems to me it kind of adds to the general perception of what "bouncers" are like.

Still, it's your body so guess you can do what you want to it at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve
    Sorry Andrew, not for me. Never really seen the appeal in "tats" and not sure how this fits with your recent(ish) posting about your doorman job. Seems to me it kind of adds to the general perception of what "bouncers" are like.

Still, it's your body so guess you can do what you want to it at the end of the day.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the tattoo covered up when Andrew is working as a doorman? :roll:

Personally, I don't like this tattoo, but that's a matter of taste rather than because it's a tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetsnow

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the tattoo covered up when Andrew is working as a doorman? :roll:

Personally, I don't like this tattoo, but that's a matter of taste rather than because it's a tattoo.
    I don't know as I'm not sure what he wear whilst stood on the door. It was simply that in Andrew's recent thread about working on the door he was talking about how the chaps in his industry are trying to change their perception from the old style "bouncer". My view, and that's all that it is, would be tatoo's of this tgeneral design may not be the kind of thing that would help, that's all.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetsnow

all of my tattoos are covered by a short sleeved shirt at all times meaning NOONE can see it :) i got one of them a long time before i became a "bouncer"
    Tattoos are very personal, and TBH not everyone will like them, if they did then no-one would ever get one, like owning a Panerai, or a Breitling, just because people don't like them does it mean people don't buy them?? so why would it stop me getting a tattoo just because people didn't like 'em? i like it, infact i love it!! and i'm getting a whole lot more work done this weekend :)
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Master

The whole friends' names thing is a bit weird, but as long as you and your friends are happy with it, fair enough I suppose :?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    The whole friends' names thing is a bit weird, but as long as you and your friends are happy with it, fair enough I suppose :?
    I think you will find those friends are actually dead, hence going on the list... I recall Andrew mentioning somewhere about loosing some friends not that long aog.

Master

Ah, right. Still think it's a little unusual, though.

I'm covered in tattoo's one of which is large lettering saying "no regrets"
    across my stomach. And i also have them on my forearms, i have never
    regretted any of them and don't think i ever will. I got my first one 11 years
    ago and i like it as much now as the day i had it put on. :)

Master

Yeah but your from Boro, it's illegal not to have a tattoo if i remeber rightly?? :lol: :lol: i love mine, can't wait to get it finished :D
    Didn't hurt as much as i thought it would mind, kinda soothing after a while :twisted:
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Yeah but your from Boro, it's illegal not to have a tattoo if i remeber rightly?? :lol: :lol: i love mine, can't wait to get it finished :D
    Didn't hurt as much as i thought it would mind, kinda soothing after a while :twisted:
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Get your big toe done mate, that's pain :lol:

Master

Thanks,
    Andrew

Get your big toe done mate, that's pain :lol:
    I'm gonna get your name tattoo'd on me bum mate :wink:
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie

dunk

+1
    It might be an old fashioned view, but it is still prevelant and therefore needs to be borne in the mind of the recepient if, as Dunk says, choosing a visible one.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Just did a quick count of how the comments in this thread view Andrew's tattoo and other tattoos ... 6 seem to be neutral, 9 seem to like it, and 18 do not approve ... these do not include Andrew's own comments. Going back to my previous concern ... if a prospective employer was interviewing applicants and he/she does not approve of visible tattoos for whatever reason - then the visibly tattooed applicant probably stands less chance of being selected. And previously I have received an application form which asked, "do you have any identifying body marks or characteristics eg tattoos, scars ..." OK I know Andrew's tattoo is not normally visible but it is giving rise to more negative feedback than positive and that is partly due to the subject matter.

Cheers

dunk

Just did a quick count of how the comments in this thread view Andrew's tattoo and other tattoos ... 6 seem to be neutral, 9 seem to like it, and 18 do not approve ... these do not include Andrew's own comments. Going back to my previous concern ... if a prospective employer was interviewing applicants and he/she does not approve of visible tattoos for whatever reason - then the visibly tattooed applicant probably stands less chance of being selected. And previously I have received an application form which asked, "do you have any identifying body marks or characteristics eg tattoos, scars ..." OK I know Andrew's tattoo is not normally visible but it is giving rise to more negative feedback than positive and that is partly due to the subject matter.

Cheers

dunk
    If out of sight could you not just lie and say no :? :wink:

Cheers

dunk
    If out of sight could you not just lie and say no :? :wink:
    Yep ... but they may not wish to employ people who are untruthful :wink:

dunk

My opinion, looks awful :x but at the end of the day it's your choice. and it's done now. :)
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C
    My opinion, looks awful :x but at the end of the day it's your choice. and it's done now. :)
    +1000

Each to his own, but utter pants IMO - but respect to you for doing it and showing here. :)

Craftsman

Why's it waving that feather around?..It looks like an Alien wrapped up in a blanket.......a year of laser threatment should sort it out. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    Why's it waving that feather around?..It looks like an Alien wrapped up in a blanket.......a year of laser threatment should sort it out. :shock:
    +1 :roll:

dunk

Come on guys, he's taken a fair bit of flak now and he's still happy with it so perhaps just let it go... it's his arm and he's happy so can't we be happy for him :)