closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ?

Blog Entries

?

:?:
    Do CWC auto's have sweeping hand movement?

DELETED

Thomas Reid
    If you get a pretty big mechanical watch, with center seconds, and running at 18000bph, you can certainly see that there are 5 jumps per second.

Best wishes,
    Bob

You can tell an 18K, a 28K and 36K just by looking at the seconds hand ... A while ago I asked if one can visually differentiate an 18K from a 21k but nobody answered me. :(

Dear Mr Bond, as someone else said ... you can stay within the same thread ... to stop us jumping around trying to answer your questions. Don't worry, we are all impatient. It?s a manic hobby. You?ll get used it.

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    You can tell an 18K, a 28K and 36K just by looking at the seconds hand ... A while ago I asked if one can visually differentiate an 18K from a 21k but nobody answered me. :(

Dear Mr Bond, as someone else said ... you can stay within the same thread ... to stop us jumping around trying to answer your questions. Don't worry, we are all impatient. It?s a manic hobby. You?ll get used it.

john
    Friendly hint use the POST REPLY button (I'll bet you know that already Duh!) :wink:

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

john
    Ah, John, I thought that old hands at the watch game could determine the amplitude by the sweep of the second hand. :)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier

Ah, John, I thought that old hands at the watch game could determine the amplitude by the sweep of the second hand. :)

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Don't know about that but I can spot a good watch at 50 yards. I am not that much about tinkering with movements although I understand what is going on and I could deal with it if I chose to but I don't.

I am still trying to find where I fit in the horological field ... and I have a great time trying.

john
    THIN is the new BLACK