i think i know this forum...came across it in my internet wanderings a while back. it was pretty apparent to me that Invicta had some sort of sponsorship going on even then. after reading thru some threads and finding a total lack of posts pertaining to other brands that were not shopnbc-centric, i knew it was not the place for me.

about the misguided homage references re:the Defy and the XXI :lol: ...they have an amazingly insular view of horology and what's out there and i don't really consider them to be WIS even. i'd hazard a guess that they're also ignorant of the fact that many of the Renatos (Wildebeast/TRex) are homages to a limited edition Citizen.

loved the story about being at the AD and the pompous fool whom you schooled. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by koimaster
I am always amazed at some of my fellow American collectors, some who have no idea what is out there other than Invicta, Renato and other TV cable brands. In fact, there is at least one forum out there, which was finally outed as sponsored by Invicta after a year of pretending it was not. Criticize the brand too much and out you go. If you mention brands like Stowa, Nomos, Sothis, Speake-Marin or many of the smaller German and Swiss made brands, there is silence on the forum until someone does a Google search.
I have had many so-called collectors of Invicta brands tell me emphatically that the SubAqua Noma model is NOT a copy of the Zenith Defy even when you show them photos. I own a few Philip watches and a couple of Breguet. One person saw a photo of my type XXI and told me it was a nice homage of the Philip Admiral. Astounding to me how small a world some live in.