closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Definitely, definitely the final iteration - 6105 version 7

Definitely, definitely the final iteration - 6105 version 7

This one has been through seven iterations during my ownership, the first looking more or less original but with a crappy aftermarket dial. I have been fiddling around ever since and this latest derives from an experiment with the bezel and insert from an SBBN007, which interestingly fits this old diver without modification. Anyway, my earlier attempts can be found elsewhere in this sub-forum. This version reverts to the original bezel (turning ring) but with the stainless insert from the quartz diver. The insert turned out to be too thick for the bezel and I had to shave quite a bit off from the outside, lower parts of the insert to get it to stand flush with the edges of the bezel. I am quite pleased with the photos too so a good excuse to rehash this one for the umpteenth time.

Martin

Re: Definitely, definitely the final iteration - 6105 version 7

I really don't think you will ever leave this one alone, I like this version less than the last, because you have put the silver insert back in which I'm not particularly fond of, though its still a good mod overall and I really can't ever hate a cushion case.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchgray
    I really don't think you will ever leave this one alone, I like this version less than the last, because you have put the silver insert back in which I'm not particularly fond of, though its still a good mod overall and I really can't ever hate a cushion case.
    I'm not so sure. This rings true somehow, for me at least. I was also not particularly a fan of stainless bezel inserts but wanted to give it a try with this watch. The newer bezel of the SBBN007 did not sit comfortably with the older case design and so I have settled on this as a satisfactory compromise, which to my eyes works pretty well. I really don't think there will be a version 8 unless someone produces a nicer date-only dial in 6105/6309 fit. I can't promise I won't buy a 6105 clunker and start experimenting on that though!

Martin

Now it only needs a toshi strap!

(have my 6105 on a toshi and it looks great!)

cheers,
    Gregor

Master

That's a thing of real beauty!! Well done.Great pics-great mod-good on you for sharing.

Craftsman

To be honest, I much prefer the first version, of the black bezel insert. More coherent, readable and just ... cool.
    So much so that I copied the photos to my "watch photo reference" file.
    Too many versions: why is that? It seems that one way or the other your do not like the watch.

No, I really like this watch, quite possibly my favourite. But I was really disappointed when I first bought it having been conned by an Ebay seller who mis-represented it as all original. I learnt my lesson and now use it to experiment with a few looks and at the moment I quite like the stainless insert. It may end up returning to black but everything else will stay the same.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Luso
    To be honest, I much prefer the first version, of the black bezel insert. More coherent, readable and just ... cool.
    So much so that I copied the photos to my "watch photo reference" file.
    Too many versions: why is that? It seems that one way or the other your do not like the watch.

ooooooooh..now that, sir, is looking reeeeeeeallly nice!
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Looks Good

Blog Entries

Very nice.

don't normally like stainless bezel inserts, but it seems to work on this one - good work!!

I prefer the original design but this is a very nice modification,I am not sure but the hands look a little small for the case size....

I love the hands

Tried and true classic

Tried and true classic

Journeyman

stop!...looks great right there.