closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Seiko 600m Auto

Master
    Blog Entries

Vintage Seiko 600m Auto

Eddie,

Do you know much about Hereford and the military? It seems like i've obtained a watch worn by ex military personnel, we believe SAS, I want to check this out.

It's one hell of alot of watch, 17m thick 51mm diameter, the movement sounds like a humming bird, it's a high beat 36,000bph 6159-7010.

Thanks

Bry

I've never known the Seiko 600 automatic as an official issue military watch but it's such a beast that there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't have been used by them.

Ewan Wilson may know more about this and I'm sure he'll catch this thread.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

HI BOTH

Hi

I would go with Eddie on this one. Very very unlikely that the 600 was issued to any member of the armed forces in the UK though given that you refer to the SAS, it is of course quite well known that these chaps have always and continue to use whatever equipment serves them best for a given op.

At the time of production of the 600 the MOD was still issuing Rolex Subs and I would have thought that the SAS would have had access to these if required.

I would suggest in the case of your watch that the provenance that came with it is probably most important. My guess is that the watch was a private purchase but it would be very interesting to be proven wrong!

Cheers

Ewan

Craftsman

Pics?

Any pictures of the watch?