closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches in F1 - Mark Webber

Watches in F1 - Mark Webber

Thought this was interesting - not surprising, but insightful about sponsors and who wears their watch.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 176799.stm

Fast forward to 13:45 when he answers the question about watches.

Re: Watches in F1 - Mark Webber

As he says a lot of drivers don't wear their watches in the car, Massa clearly isn't one of them as I spotted the edge of his Richard Mille in that photo of him being lifted out of the car after his nasty accident, sad WIS that I am
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

I suppose when the teams spend millions shaving every last gram off the car, it seems silly to put on 200g automatic which they'll hardly have the opportunity to look at during a race anyway... although I remember reading somewhere that Massa's Richard Mille was designed to be ultralight so he could wear it in the car for testing etc.

Interesting piece. I like Webber, who, like many Australian sportsmen, seems generally aimiable and accepts misfortune without whingeing.

Was amused a few weeks ago, when Vettel won at Silverstone, at the watch handling behaviour of the podium three.

At the post-race weigh in they were handed their sponsor caps and watches (I think Mark Webber was already wearing his watch), Barrichello adjusted his to display it prominently, but Vettel, who is apparently 'associated' (according to a quarter page ad in the Telegraph) with Casio's Edifice Wave Ceptor EQW M1000DB (rrp around £179) put his watch on and then securely concealed it with his left sleeve.

I was wondering if he thinks he deserves something a bit posher now? :D

Quote Originally Posted by grey
    Interesting piece. I like Webber, who, like many Australian sportsmen, seems generally aimiable and accepts misfortune without whingeing.
    I met him at a Jaguar 'do' several years ago. He was very engaging and really acted the professional ambassador for Jaguar: throughout the evening he talked to everyone and gave the impression he was genuinely interested in the people attending: no mean feat as some of them were, shall we say, somewhat opinionated on F1..... Top chap IMO.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.