closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aquatimer or PO

Aquatimer or PO

Hi Guys

I have a bit of a dilema. I have seen for sale at a AD a SS Aquatimer Chrono (steel strap) and a black PO Chrono (black strap/orange stiching). Both are on discount and are the same price.

Slight problem is that the Aquatimer has a few deep dings on the case. The PO is in perfect condition. I tried to get the dealer to knock some more money of the Aquatimer, but would not.

I need some help deciding which to go for???

Cheers

L

Re: Aquatimer or PO

it sounds like the AD is discounting the Omega (on strap) less proportionally. what price is he quoting?

Quote Originally Posted by Linx
    Hi Guys

I have a bit of a dilema. I have seen for sale at a AD a SS Aquatimer Chrono (steel strap) and a black PO Chrono (black strap/orange stiching). Both are on discount and are the same price.

Slight problem is that the Aquatimer has a few deep dings on the case. The PO is in perfect condition. I tried to get the dealer to knock some more money of the Aquatimer, but would not.

I need some help deciding which to go for???

Cheers

L

[quote="Denizen"]it sounds like the AD is discounting the Omega (on strap) less proportionally. what price is he quoting?

2650GBP. And incidentally its the previous version Aqautimer with the white bit on the dial. Model 371928 i believe

are you a bracelet man? if you are, doesn't make sense to buy the PO on the strap.

if the watches were new, the IWC would be an easy pick. even used, if the dings aren't too bad, i'd still go that way.

I got >30% off my IWC. It was perfect. If you're not getting at least that much off a shop worn one, pass.
    Cold call around to the ADs in the region. You'll have one in the mail in a couple of days. It's hard to pass up a firm sale when you call and say wrap it up and send it to me, especially in this economic situation.
    I vote IWC as well BTW.
    Brian

I will go against the crowd and say PO such a robust watch and the lume is to die for weight is perfect yours biased
    Tim

I'd go IWC - especially if the price is the same and it's on the bracelet. At £2650 I don't think he's giving you much of a discount though.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH
    I will go against the crowd and say PO such a robust watch and the lume is to die for weight is perfect yours biased
    Tim
    Ive had both. The PO lume is stuff of legend along with the Seamasters etc. My Aquatimer is readable at night but no way matches a PO.
    Both great watches but I personaly would still go for the Aquatimer anyday over a PO :)

good luck hunting .

Master

I'd say neither and wait to see what appears on Sales Corner or post a WTB.

If you want to buy from an AD then waiting a few weeks shouldn't hurt. Dealers seem to be suffering low sales this summer and if you talk to an independently owned AD then you are more likely to get a better discount (and better service).

Master

I bet you made the classic mistake when you tried on the Aquatimer -

Your eyes lit up and a big smile spread across your face. No way is the AD going to haggle lower after seeing that.

Try another AD or look on SC.

I personally prefer the PO, but thats because it feels better on my wrist.

Master

I'd prefer the Aquatimer but it does sound like you're not getting as big a discount as you might get elsewhere.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mark996
    I'd prefer the Aquatimer but it does sound like you're not getting as big a discount as you might get elsewhere.
    Plus One. It sounds as if the dealer is taking the mick with his limited discounting of a shop-buggered watch and you can do better elsewhere. So go in again for another look, make sure your eyes light up nice and bright, reach for your wallet, and then say... "actually, nah". This is the last opportunity the dealer will have. The sale is right there, the money... oh, if he could just knock another couple of hundred off...

FWIW that Omega is about the last Omega I'd ever buy. I mean it's huge, and looks busy and awkward to me. Given its difficult beginnings, the movement is nothing to shout about either (for £3k, I want the kind of near-perfection you get with an IWC).
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

did'nt read that the PO was a chrono still nice but prefer non chrono nice and clean easy to read oh yeh and a bargain :wink:

Remember, that the new IWC will be available shortly, it's a Darwin inspired effort.

nice[attachment=0:82635rqx]ind-iwc-new-aquatimer-watches-2009.jpg[/attachment:82635rqx]

I love my PO, had it for some time now, it never ever been anthing but fantastic
    but...and it hurts to write this :)

Thats little piccy just up there ^

Makes me go...OOOHHH!!

(oh right so now it goes onto a new page....)

Master

I prefer the Planet Ocean to the AT.
    However, I love the Aquatimer Chrono and hate the PO Chrono. If they're the same price I would pick the mint PO.

no question ; the iwc push for some discount!

PO for me - although I do like the AT - but trying to limit the number of brands
    It's just a matter of time...

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your responses. Looks like it will be the IWC then. Will go back and try to haggle for a bigger discount. :lol:

Excellent choice :) You should get a decent discount if you have the cash available!!