closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Corvus watch company.

Blog Entries

Corvus watch company.

What do people think about their new offering?
    The made a spelling mistake on the back, but well, shit happens.
    I actually admire the guy's honestyon specs and technologies used.
    But on WUS he gets a bashing from a long standing moderator.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=285856

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master

Re: Corvus watch company.

I'm reluctant to comment on posts on another forum, but there does seem to be a possible lack of objectivity in that thread. The watch looks fine, at the old exchange rate it could have been interesting, but less so now, and I'm starting to think that I have enough hommages anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    I'm reluctant to comment on posts on another forum, but there does seem to be a possible lack of objectivity in that thread. The watch looks fine, at the old exchange rate it could have been interesting, but less so now, and I'm starting to think that I have enough hommages anyway.
    A wise thing :)
    There are indeed enough hommages.
    But IMHO this is an interesting offer, with some nice specs, and quite some frankness about their origins, and that's refreshing.

Cheers,

Daddel.

Master

I'd have a PRS 50 myself

Craftsman

Daddel, I agree. The mod does seem to have an ax to grind. His tone seems to be more bitter than constructive.

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Oh him.............
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

For the record, i think that WUS mod is a complete w@nker - not the first time i've seen him acting high and mighty. Hey it's no shock to see a WUS mod doing that eh! :?

I've bought one of the Bradleys, and cannot understate how good Cam was to deal with. My hat is firmly off to him for doing this, he's produced a very fine watch, OK it's twice the price of a PRS50 bla bla, but each to their own and i was happy to pay that. :)

Master
    Blog Entries

Mike stuffler (sorry if spelt wrong) certainly seems to dislike the brand or its owner, quite refreshingly honest considering the usual ' everything is lovely' stance on WUS. I think the owner is marked as a sponser in his avator too, I wonder if Doxa received the same pelters for their cock ups which they refused to accept, at least Corvus' owners have agreed to change the case backs for customers. Although I haven't seen a statement from them. Stupid mistake, but they should be judged on how they deal with it from here on in IMHO

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola
    I'd have a PRS 50 myself
    same here

Master

Never heard of Corvus until the thread about the spelling.

Looks a nice sturdy workhorse though and decent value if the £ ever gets back near the $2 point.

Corvus has my best wishes. It's good to have Time Factors, MkII, Corvus around and offering us a choice. I admire all of these proprietors for taking their interests so far. So there's a spelling mistake on the back of the case, no doubt it will get corrected and I still would admire rather than deride this outfit for setting up. I don't think that the raven looks like a seagull, eagle, duck or anything else. It's an ugly bird, so I'm not sure where this idea came from. I guess that the image was also created to fit in with the broad outline of the stars of the Corvus constellation on the back of the case. The back is a bit cluttered, but the Tornek which the Corvus was connected was also cluttered. It's a back anyway, so wouldn't bother me. It's a nice looking watch, so good luck

Perhaps the WUS moderator has already seen this (I know he has).

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/99706.html

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Same guy?

:shock: Is it the same fellow?

**EDIT: first name is Jim according to here http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1643207 **

Craftsman

quite interested in the brand myself... not ever quite understood why they struggle to sell...

Master
    Blog Entries

Isn't he (cam) registered here?

Eddie
    Wow...

...you read the Bangor Daily News?

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek

Eddie
    Wow...

That's pretty funny...

Really, this story is interesting, in a prurient, tabloidy kind-of way, but it has nothing to do with his watch company. If Stuffler has read it, and this is why he's so aggressive in his comments etc, then that says more about Stuffler than it does about "Camfam".

It's just a watch and a bloke who's trying to set up a business; give him a break. There are plenty of genuine crooks out there; he does not appear to be one of them.

ps. I've always found Stuffler's comments/posts pretty informative as a general rule.

That's pretty funny...

Really, this story is interesting, in a prurient, tabloidy kind-of way, but it has nothing to do with his watch company. If Stuffler has read it, and this is why he's so aggressive in his comments etc, then that says more about Stuffler than it does about "Camfam".

It's just a watch and a bloke who's trying to set up a business; give him a break. There are plenty of genuine crooks out there; he does not appear to be one of them.
    Really? the only thing I thought was funny was one of the comments:

"He'll soon have a pair of tits tattoo'd on his back"

Master

Its the rubish and type of advertising on his site that put me off. One can optain a simple picture of the character of the person from this.

The only "real" James Bond Nato yours for only USD 51.90 deliverd to Europe. Or a bargain USD 39.95 ex shipping. According to Corvus its the one and only real James Bond Nato strap. An accidental strap worn by a fantasy figure. Broccoli must be laughing :lol: Question would be: Is it a hommage, a fake or does he own the 007 merchandising rights to call it the only real? :twisted:

As for the watch, I like it. But it lacks value; of course my opinion only. The further development will be the only real black hole in a watch dial. A dial so black and dark that it makes time relative and stand still.

Will be interesting to see the next chapter of this; how high or low the moral values of WUS are versus sponsorship Dollars.

Blog Entries

Eddie
    I have seen that info yesterday, and read the article.
    I stil think someone is innocent untill proven................etc.
    And it doesn't give Mr. Stuffler the right to get all high and mighty, who's he anyway to claim the moral high-ground on that commercialized little watch-world called WUS.
    Mr. Corvus/Camfam can be an arse in his own right, I don't know, but it's that attitude on WUS that freaks me out :) .

Cheers,

Daddel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks

And it doesn't give Mr. Stuffler the right to get all high and mighty, who's he anyway to claim the moral high-ground on that commercialized little watch-world called WUS.

Daddel.
    I fully agree with you ... but some people find it difficult to hide their feelings. On the other hand, due to the nature of the accusations the person concerned should be keeping an ultra-low profile and not go around as if nothing is happening. :wink:

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

Daddel.
    I fully agree with you ... but some people find it difficult to hide their feelings. On the other hand, due to the nature of the accusations the person concerned should be keeping an ultra-low profile and not go around as if nothing is happening. :wink:

john
    That would be a wise thing to do :)

Cheers,

Daddel.

Master

Of course its innocent until prooven guilty on paper.... but the problem with this is that even if innocent there will always be a stigma attached.... when it comes to these types of accusations mixed with politics and business interest I do believe that conspiracy can play a part.
    Putting it into context of the ever harder, tighter and more competitive business in the watch world such news reports are there to be exploited to the max and without any mercy. Probably not a wise choice to be the public face of the company, when there are other partners (Brother) involved in the business too.

Where this type of charge differs from most others is that the material was found on his computers. The law doesn't have to prove that he put it there, he has to prove that he didn't.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries

Considering Mr. Stufflers (former?) job he may think he has a right to react like that :)
    It's more the attitude regarding some brands that is irritating me, and people talking as if they own the truth.
    This is a general attitude and allready started before those accusations.

Cheers,

Daddel.

Considering Mr. Stufflers (former?)

Cheers,

Daddel.

What is his job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura

Cheers,

Daddel.

What is his job?
    Policeman, I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura

Cheers,

Daddel.

What is his job?
    Policeman, I think.
    :?

Cheers,

Daddel.

Considering Mr. Stufflers (former?) job he may think he has a right to react like that :)
    It's more the attitude regarding some brands that is irritating me, and people talking as if they own the truth.
    This is a general attitude and allready sterted before those accusations.

Daddel.
    The thing is, I kind of share his irritation. My problem with the Corvus is that it appears, perhaps superficially, to be more or less identical to the MkII Stingray, yet costs getting on for twice as much. It is difficult to see where that extra value lies and I think this is why there is so much hyperbole on the website - he is trying (perhaps desperately) to justify the price.
    Personally, I simply do not see where that added value lies.

The other problem, for me at least, is all that stars and stripes nonsense on the web page and the prominance of U.S. on the dial. Subtlety is not a well known American trait and for the European tastes, this is perhaps a touch too much. Just my opinion though.

Martin

Master

Where this type of charge differs from most others is that the material was found on his computers. The law doesn't have to prove that he put it there, he has to prove that he didn't.
    This being the case i would think it's highly likely that he won't be making watches for much longer.

Personally, I simply do not see where that added value lies.
    And in knowing that he won't, perhaps he feels the extra value lies in the potential rarity :wink:

Grand Master

I have seen that info yesterday, and read the article.
    Mr. Corvus/Camfam can be an arse in his own right, I don't know, but it's that attitude on WUS that freaks me out :) .
    Frankly, Daddel, I don't see much difference between the thread on Watchuseek which allegedly "freaks you out" and this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84438&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=cor vus&start=0

There has been more or less subtle criticism of Corvus's presentation of their watch on other fora as well, including the Watchuseek Pilots and Military Watches Forum, and even the welcome on MWR has been somewhat critical, at least as far as the moderator side is concerned.

I am sure that the Bradley is a fine watch, but the hyperbolic presentation of its undoubted qualities harm the company more than it helps them, IMHO.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

As a parent, considering the nature of the charges he faces, I would not be sending him a penny, even if I liked his watch.:evil:
    I will offer his estate 10 cents on the dollar for one after his conviction.
    :wink:

Even worse than the watch is his "Real Bond" Nato strap for which he wants $40 plus another $13 for shipping. :roll:
    Good luck with that.
    I'll offer the estate 10 cents on the dollar for a couple of them as well.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek

Eddie
    Wow...

That's pretty funny...

ps. I've always found Stuffler's comments/posts pretty informative as a general rule.

sorry but if its true, and it looks pretty damning,

I wouldn't spend a red cent supporting such a despicable individual.

Master

I think a male organ on another caseback was accepted as funny not too loong ago so

The watch itself is not too bad and as far as the slight problems I'll agree with others, it is the first watch and as long as they're willing to fix the problem no big deal but..... As far as the guys background wrong spokesman for the company I'm going with Dr. Brian wouldn't give the guy a penny. Should have kept his mouth shut and stayed out of the picture.

Not a fan of Stuffler and his self righteous attitute, and he has been wrong, but I'd back him up on this one. At what point do you overlook the crime and as Eddie said pretty cut and dry.....sooo?

So really tabloidish!!! Really hope no fathers here have pics of their kids on his computer!

Blog Entries

I'll end it here.
    My remarks came before I was pointed out by a friendly forum member :wink: that this legal case was happening.
    So this had no influence on my thoughts.
    As I said before and now for the very last time, I got annoyed after visiting WUS after a long time, and discovering that it's still dominated by a few................etc etc. :(

And now I'm going to forget all about it.

Cheers,

Daddel.

I'll close the thread now before things are said which shouldn't be said.

Eddie