closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Peter Jones on Jonathan Ross last night

Peter Jones on Jonathan Ross last night

Can anyone tell me what watch he was wearing? It was a fairly big watch which he said wasn't as expensive as it looked.
    I did do a search but came up with nothing.

TIA

Nick

Master

Re: Peter Jones on Jonathan Ross last night

Looks like a Breitling :?:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... pisode_25/

Brief closeup at 28m.10s

What about Denzel's bling , Gold Daytona possibly :?:

Peter's watch is a brietling, not as expensive as what Theo usually wears, I think peter was refering to.

Denzil was wearing a serious watch, can not confirm what it was, but it was not a daytona,

Master

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72
    Peter's watch is a brietling, not as expensive as what Theo usually wears, I think peter was refering to.

Denzil was wearing a serious watch, can not confirm what it was, but it was not a daytona,
    I agree, there was something Daytona-esque about the subdials but I don't think it was a Daytona.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by jneds
    Looks like a Breitling :?:
    Looked like a 7750-powered Chronomat of some kind. There are a lot of Breitling models it could be, but it's definitely a 7750 Breitling.

Denzel's had 6, 9, 12 subdials, didn't it?

Master

And Jonathan is wearing a rather nice Tag Monaco, special edition?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob
    I thought it had subdials at 3 and 6?

Quote Originally Posted by mark996
    it did.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72
    it did.
    Phew, I am conscious that the rum was slipping down very smoothly at that stage, with a consequent reduction in my powers of observation and recall! :wink:

Craftsman

why I somehow knew this thread would appear here when I was watching JR on Friday? :P

on a side note, is it only my impression that JR acts like a complete jerk sometimes? He acted like one while talking to Tarantino and maybe was a little more respectful for Denzel but certainly he seems to think like he is a main show star there and just outshines his guests...
    I'm sorry but who is he in comparison with great movie director known world wide or 2 times oscar winner....

You mean people actually watch that fuckwit Ross? :roll:

He's about as funny and entertaining as a dead shrimp. :twisted:
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    You mean people actually watch that fuckwit Ross? :roll:

He's about as funny and entertaining as a dead shrimp. :twisted:
    I think he is funny..................pass the cocktail sauce :lol:
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Master

He can be funny but HE is the one who must have the limelight. He talks too much and doesnt allow the guests to speak. To suggest Tarrantino should change the music in his creations is the biggest nonsense ever spoken. Cant forgive him for that Sachs fiasco tho.

Master

Can't stand Woss myself. He's an overpaid, talentless, sycophantic pratt with a puerile sense of humour and the worst chat show host in history. I'm usually a big fan of the BBC but they cocked up big time when they didn't get rid of him after the Sachs fiasco.

Master

I quite like the show - it's his irreverence for his guests that appeals to me.

I also think he can be very funny - I've laughed out loud at some of his lines and not many people make me do that.

I am going to have a stab at Denzil's watch, due to its shape and dial layout, I think it was from the panerai Ferrari collection, not a current one, but i have a 05 brochure somewhere and think they had a rose gold version that looks similar.

If its not that I give up :wink:

I also think he can be very funny - I've laughed out loud at some of his lines and not many people make me do that.
    It's not irreverence, it's ignorance. In Ross's case, pig ignorance.
    Best Regards - Peter

Master

I don't agree- he does take the piss out of people but I don't think there's any lack of knowledge or thought on Ross's part when he does so. Remember, his guests keep coming back...

I don't agree- he does take the piss out of people but I don't think there's any lack of knowledge or thought on Ross's part when he does so. Remember, his guests keep coming back...
    not that they have anything to plug of course :roll:
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

To be irreverent to a guest is ignorant, full stop. To knowingly and deliberately be irreverent to a guest is down right rude. To find rudeness appealing, and even funny, shows a distinct lack of taste.

That people keep comming back, (if indeed they do - I don't watch the program), is in itself peculiar. But if by that you mean other people come on the show then they can only be there for the money, one suspects.
    Best Regards - Peter

Master

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath

not that they have anything to plug of course :roll:
    I know they're not there for the good of their health but I do think that if Ross was genuinely being pig ignorant to them they'd find another forum to peddle their wares. It's done in a lighthearted way and taken accordingly by his guests.

Master

No, Griswold, irreverence is not synonymous with rudeness. To be unable to distinguish between the two shows either a lack of humour at best or ignorance at worst.

As, indeed, does asserting that someone with taste different to one's own is lacking in taste...

I know they're not there for the good of their health but I do think that if Ross was genuinely being pig ignorant to them they'd find another forum to peddle their wares.
    I don't think there are any other prime time chat shows, or even prime time shows were they can get a plug in?

Master

I know they're not there for the good of their health but I do think that if Ross was genuinely being pig ignorant to them they'd find another forum to peddle their wares.
    I don't think there are any other prime time chat shows, or even prime time shows were they can get a plug in?

Well, didn't he overlap with Parkinson until recently? I do take your point though that he's now the only "shop window" available for a celeb with something to hawk...

No, Griswold, irreverence is not synonymous with rudeness. To be unable to distinguish between the two shows either a lack of humour at best or ignorance at worst.

As, indeed, does asserting that someone with taste different to one's own is lacking in taste...
    Clearly, you don't understand the diference between irreverence and rudeness then.

From your responses it would seem reasonable to assume that you think his telephone call to Andrew Sachs was simply irreverent? Or am I wrong, it was only a bit of light harted fun?

FFS it was down right rude. If you can't see the guy is a prat then there's no use discussing it further. :twisted:

As to taste, I have no objection to someone having different tastes to myself, even if it is awfull; so please, continue to enjoy the show. :roll:
    Best Regards - Peter

Master

I was discussing the TV show, not his phone call to Andrew Sachs? I agree with you that the latter was absolutely out of order. I didn't think that was funny but I think the TV show is.

But I do agree with you that this is probably a pointless discussion- I'm sure we 've both got better things to do than to discuss my taste or lack thereof!

I was discussing the TV show, not his phone call to Andrew Sachs? I agree with you that the latter was absolutely out of order. I didn't think that was funny but I think the TV show is.

But I do agree with you that this is probably a pointless discussion- I'm sure we 've both got better things to do than to discuss my taste or lack thereof!
    Come on Mark admit it, the phone call was funny :twisted: It also got Sachs a cushy wee acting role on Corrie and Russell Brand kicked off Radio 2. A win, win in my book :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetsnow

Come on Mark admit it, the phone call was funny :twisted: It also got Sachs a cushy wee acting role on Corrie and Russell Brand kicked off Radio 2. A win, win in my book :D
    Oy, don't you go throwing petrol on the embers now! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetsnow

Oy, don't you go throwing petrol on the embers now! ;)
    Quite right Mark. Who invited him into our argument anyway. :lol: :lol:
    Best Regards - Peter