closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex,Omega, discount, Ernest Jones?

Craftsman

Rolex,Omega, discount, Ernest Jones?

Just rambling around Merry Hill Shopping Centre doing a bit of window shoppping.
    I am trying to make my mind up between, Rolex sport, Sinn U1(SWMBO hates!) Speedmaster or SM PO.
    Out of all the AD's EJ could have my business just for the manner of the shop assistant, although lovely :lol: , she was very informed and didn't appear to be making any judgment of my jeans T-shirt and sandals.
    The subject of discounts.
    Rolex stainless steel sport "NO" but 3 years interest free. I can usually get something off most places but NO :(
    Omega "I'm sure we can sort something" 3 years interest free, even though not stocked at that branch.

My question to you seasoned watch boys are:

Are you happy to buy from EJ
    Technique for getting a discount on Rolex.
    Where else would you shop near Stourbridge near South West Birmingham.

Cheers
    Scouter

Master

Re: Rolex,Omega, discount, Ernest Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouter
    the shop assistant, although lovely :lol:
    Pics, man, we need pics. This thread is meaningless without pics.

Craftsman

Rizzio - pics pics? where do you live in France? I tend to think French lassies are somewhat tastier ;)

On another note - i'm interested in this thread - how much can you usually negociate on a watch price?

Craftsman

Ernest Jones up here are the Omega, TAG & Breitling AD and i usually get 10 or 20% discount depending on watch value & what other promotions are running. Im always happy to deal with them and like yourself am never judged on my usually scruffy appearance. On another note if you get an Ernest Jones store card an AD service for an Omega goes down around 30 pounds. No Rolex AD's here though so can't help withg that im afraid.

KR

Niall

Master

Don't know about a Rolex, but in my experience most Ernest Jones / Leslie Davis branches will give a 10% discount without too much effort at all. Some will go up to 15% but will make you feel you've sweated blood to achieve it. They'll also allow you to pay on Interest Free Credit with the discount. Reading other people's experiences on here, I suspect an independent or smaller AD may be more willing to give a decent discount for a sale, especially on a Rolex.

Try an indepedant not a chain jeweller like ernsest jones/Mappin & webb etc They wlll offer disconts on Rolex sports

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by jonny
    Try an indepedant not a chain jeweller like ernsest jones/Mappin & webb etc They wlll offer disconts on Rolex sports
    Do you have any recommendations?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Scouter
    Do you have any recommendations?
    Cheers
    I dont know where you are based?

Look on Rolexs website at agents & look for family owned businesses or non chain jewellers !

hi

buy 1 share in signet group for around £10 and you get a discount card allowing you 10% off anything at ernest jones h samuals and leslie davis.
    i got a brand new ss daytona from e jones last mth for £5553.00 using my card.

andy

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec
    hi

buy 1 share in signet group for around £10 and you get a discount card allowing you 10% off anything at ernest jones h samuals and leslie davis.
    i got a brand new ss daytona from e jones last mth for £5553.00 using my card.

andy
    Now thats very intresting i read abot this in The times once i guess the only way to get a discount on a daytona

Craftsman

The manager at EJ in Bluewater gave me a 10% discount against my wifes Rolex Datejust. I think she felt sorry for me as i went in to buy Mrs Floyd an Omega (£1500 - £2000) budget, and walked out with a £3.5k Rolex! Good on her though, she bought the price down to £3,100 in the end. There was no technique involved, though; i just asked :)

Master

When I bought my Rolex 4 years ago (not from Ernest Jones) Retail price = £3690.
    I had to literally pester him to give me a discount!
    The attitude was, We really cant give discount on this, Rolex dont allow us!
    I ended up getting 100 poxy quid off :evil:
    One time I was interested in a Tag from Ernest Jones, I asked what the best price was and he just said that was it, No discount at all, So off I went on my merry way,thinking 'your not getting my trade you tosser'

I bought an ex-display tag heuer from ernest jones. They were asking 850 which on a retail of 1450 was pretty good. I haggled down to 800 as the strap was discoloured from the window lights/heat and I left pretty happy. Anyway the watch developed a fault and ran too fast so they replaced it with a brand new one! bonus...especially as the newer model had a display back which was much nicer in my opinion.

Maybe a smaller retailer would have just sent off for repair? Big shops have their bad points but when things go wrong you are usually pretty safe with them...

I got a discount on my Breitling at Mappin and Webb, but not my Submariner - even though I have previously bought the Breitling...

Master

I have heard tales of Rolex turning up at a jeweller who has given discount on their watches, removing all merchandising, all the watches, leaving them with a cheque for the trade value and a note saying they are no longer Rolex agents. This is one of the reasons discount is difficult to get. You may get it if the manager knows you through previous purchases, but they are wary that you are a Rolex "mystery shopper" checking them out.

regards

Tim

In London they never offer me any discount, so they never get my business unless they've marked something down themselves =P

Quote Originally Posted by erasuretim
    I have heard tales of Rolex turning up at a jeweller who has given discount on their watches, removing all merchandising, all the watches, leaving them with a cheque for the trade value and a note saying they are no longer Rolex agents. This is one of the reasons discount is difficult to get. You may get it if the manager knows you through previous purchases, but they are wary that you are a Rolex "mystery shopper" checking them out.

regards

Tim
    I think that is all these are - tales - as I have previously posted, that I spoke at length with my best friends retired father, who used to be the main Rolex AD here and he explained the terms of the contract he had - they could sell individual pieces at a loss if they wanted - but they couldn't hold a "Rolex" sale. All his rolex stock was paid for - when he eventually shut up shop Rolex bought back all the stock - it was not allowed to be entered into the closing down sale.

The one thing Rolex are keen on is taking away AD's from those that keep breaching the terms of the contract - and as I recall they took away hundreds of dealerships in the US for dealers who were supplying the grey market.
    It's just a matter of time...