closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help - spec me a GShock please!

Help - spec me a GShock please!

Unfortunately, due to financial circumstances I'm having to dip out of the 'expensive' watches circle for the time being, I have my B-1 but most likely it'll be sold as soon as it returns from service - to help pay my tax bill. :(

So I'm thinking of the cheaper end of the market, max £400 for my main/daily wearer. I wear my GShock every day, and I have to say its almost the perfect watch. However I'd prefer something with the same functions as my GW-M5600, but with metal (SS or Ti) case and bracelet, if such a watch is available. I'd prefer a black finish (PVD, DLC etc) but might consider plain SS or Ti.

I've seen the MTG-910D-2VER which seems to tick most boxes, though it's an older generation watch than the GW-M5600. I've also read reviews that say some of the outer parts are hard plastic like on Casio Pro Treks, rather than being all metal.

http://www.tiktox.com/mtg910d2ver-p-2315.php

I've had a look at some of the MR-G models (I think it was the 7000), which look great but obviously have analogue faces rather than all digital faces. I'd prefer all digital, as I've gotten used to digital again! :lol:

The new GW-5000-1JF is really nice, but is basically an upgraded/improved GW-M5600 which still has resin case and strap.

Something like an all metal version of either the GW-M5600 or GW-9100-1JF (Gulfman) would be perfect. :?

Any suggestions?

Cheers. :)

Re: Help - spec me a GShock please!

Doesn't exist, I'm afraid. The upmarket metal G-Shocks are analogue or analogue / digital, although there were earlier (now rare and expensive) digital MRG models.

Craftsman

I have the black metal Mission Impossible 3 G Shock last year and sold it because I found it sat way too high on the wrist.

Recently I have found myself tending to the cheaper stuff as well, and took delivery of this one last week

PRW-1300t-7ver

Its titanium, light and easy to wear. The bracelet is a very nice fit, with micro adjustment on the clasp. Low profile at 11mm. I must admit, having tried a few protreks on in shops I thought this would be too big, but it wears smaller than my Seiko Kinetic diver.

As for the budget, it will set you back less than half of your allowance. Check out the specs online.It does all of the mission impossible version, and more and a lot smaller and better proportioned.

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire
    I've seen the MTG-910D-2VER which seems to tick most boxes, though it's an older generation watch than the GW-M5600. I've also read reviews that say some of the outer parts are hard plastic like on Casio Pro Treks, rather than being all metal.
    That is a good watch. A slightly more up-to-date and better-specced version would be something like the GW-810D, GW-810BD or GW-810BXD. These also have some plastic exterior components, but do not be deterred by this. You wouldn't know unless you were told; they're tough and look the part. They're also very popular models, so easy to flip with little loss if you buy one at the right price.

Cheers for the replies guys, I'll probably stick with my GW-M5600 for now. :)

Edit: I have owned 3 of the PRW-1300s in the last year (yes I know :roll: ) and whilst they're really nice, I've always ended up flipping them and going back to my GW-M5600.

Hi there, have you considered a MT-G 1000 which is a pretty nice watch.

I'm not too sure if it is available in the UK as I bought mine in Jspan last year.

There are a couple of useful function such as radio reception to continually adjust the time and uses solar cell for power.

http://japwatches.wordpress.com/2007/09 ... mtg-1000g/

I think the link will be more descriptive than me! :wink:

Hope this helps.

Dunc

Quote Originally Posted by macbigyin
    I have the black metal Mission Impossible 3 G Shock last year and sold it because I found it sat way too high on the wrist.

Recently I have found myself tending to the cheaper stuff as well, and took delivery of this one last week

PRW-1300t-7ver

Its titanium, light and easy to wear. The bracelet is a very nice fit, with micro adjustment on the clasp. Low profile at 11mm. I must admit, having tried a few protreks on in shops I thought this would be too big, but it wears smaller than my Seiko Kinetic diver.

As for the budget, it will set you back less than half of your allowance. Check out the specs online.It does all of the mission impossible version, and more and a lot smaller and better proportioned.

Best of luck
    Hi Colin

Have you a wrist shot of the 1300?

Cheers

Ewan

What about the GW-M5600 BC1? - it's the reverse faced version on a black bracelet. I've found myself wearing mine a lot more than my Sub LV!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad
    What about the GW-M5600 BC1? - it's the reverse faced version on a black bracelet. I've found myself wearing mine a lot more than my Sub LV!
    Yeah they're nice, I used to own one of those last year but flipped it as I find reverse displays tricky to read at low light or in the swimming pool. :)

I just bought a Tag Heuer F1 Chronotimer off Jay on the SC for 300 quid. It has excellent build quality and most of the digital functions that your B1 has. I think despite its sporty pedigree it is easily smart enough to wear with a suit.

Maybe a model worth looking into.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by ewan.w
    Quote Originally Posted by macbigyin

PRW-1300t-7ver

Best of luck
    Hi Colin

Have you a wrist shot of the 1300?

Cheers

Ewan

No wrist shot as yet, but I'll get one up asap.

Colin

what about a Seiko SBPG001? it has pretty much the same functions as the gw-m 5600 but in a great looking stainless steel. it's on the short list for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster
    what about a Seiko SBPG001? it has pretty much the same functions as the gw-m 5600 but in a great looking stainless steel. it's on the short list for me.
    I was going to suggest that. Very high quality piece.

I had one of those too, very nice, basically the same layout and functions as the GW-M5600 but not waterproof/shockproof, but nicer looking. I flipped it after wearing it for 24hrs. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire
    I had one of those too, very nice, basically the same layout and functions as the GW-M5600 but not waterproof/shockproof, but nicer looking. I flipped it after wearing it for 24hrs. :lol:
    any particular reason a potential buyer should know about?

Something to consider, a Junghans Mega 1000,

The best digital watch I own ( I have a fair few, + M5600BC)

I paid 120 GBP new in a sale in a shop, :D