First an apology for the crap photos but i am using my phone and net book with out any photo enhancing softwear at all.

I was lucky to get both of these at the same time but should swerve as a guide for any one looking to buy am MWC over a CWC, i am sure the MWC is cheaper but not by a lot and from what you will see, the CWC is a far better watch.

I wont be writing a lot here as it is late but i thought you should see the striking differences

Case dimensions are with in a gnats knacker of each other but the finish is very different, the CWC on the right is over 20 years old and the MWC is only 5, both have seen service in the same regiment and similar jobs

Case side profile and height is the same

Case backs look similar but the NSN on the MWC is a fabricated number

Inside we see that the mwc has no dust cover for a start

and when we look at the movements we see the mwc has an ETA no jewel movement but the CWC has 7 jewels and a far better movement

The dial finish also plays a lot in the way these watches perform and you can see clearly here the non reflective mat finish to the CWC overe the almost glossy finish to the MWC

The lume is better on the MWC but it should be as it is a far newer watch

The gaskets are thicker on the CWC and the over all quality is there from the click feel in the bezel to the feel of the threads on the screw down crown, the MWC had come in for a new crystal and the dial to be righted after the dial feet had decided they need a break from the dial, The CWC for a new battery and a new crystal. both crystals were the same @ 31.02mm and 2.51mm thick and will be replaced with sternkreuz mineral.

Now safely tucked away and waiting for the new crystal to arrive

I will add some more detail to this later on when i have a bit more time