closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: any one here know about vintage Doxa?

any one here know about vintage Doxa?

This one is 41 mm without crown - and I would estimate it to around 1938

It has no military markings, but with the size and the time around 1932-1940 - it could probably be from a series intended for military purposes - maybe not used for, but from such a series. I do however know very little about Doxa. It is NOT a mariage (clear from case and crown) and dial is all original. Hands may have had a later tritium filling, but definitely not new - very little light from the hands very short time. Pics from before the glass was cleaned, sorry
    The movement is nice, filling the 41 mm case and with swan neck- probably based on AS

If anyone has some info about Doxa from the time, it would be nice to hear
    br

Re: any one here know about vintage Doxa?

I looked up your watch in Konrad Knirim's book on Military Watches, but could not find it. I suspect that it is not military for 2 reasons : The lugs are not seen like this on a military watch. Further, any military watch should have( unless removed) military markings on the caseback and dial or both.
    Just my 2 cents,
    Adrian.

Re: any one here know about vintage Doxa?

Quote Originally Posted by avdm
    I looked up your watch in Konrad Knirim's book on Military Watches, but could not find it. I suspect that it is not military for 2 reasons : The lugs are not seen like this on a military watch. Further, any military watch should have( unless removed) military markings on the caseback and dial or both.
    Just my 2 cents,
    Adrian.
    I think you are right. It may be a bit early, and it may simply have been made for the Italian market, where the bigger watches came into fashion already around 1936. I do not think it has had military markings at any point. The case MAY have been used - with markings for military - but I say MAY only.

br