closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tissot Sea Touch

Master

Tissot Sea Touch

Anyone bought one of these yet?

http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/brand-dire ... atches.htm

Tried one on this evening and really inpressed, much more solid than the T touch, thicker, 200m WR and much nicer shaped case

Would be interested to hear opinions from owners

Marc

Master

Re: Tissot Sea Touch

Quote Originally Posted by MarcJ

Tried one on this evening and really inpressed, much more solid than the T touch, thicker, 200m WR and much nicer shaped case

Marc
    Havent owned one, but its looks sure beat the normal T Touch!! :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco

Marc
    Havent owned one, but its looks sure beat the normal T Touch!! :)
    Yep, bigger, thicker and normal shaped lugs which is something i never liked about the T touch

Blog Entries

They look pretty smart, I've been toying with a T Touch for a while. I'll have to look out for one on SC - OH BUGGER :D

Crouchy

Yep, bigger, thicker and normal shaped lugs which is something i never liked about the T touch

I was just looking at the Sea Touch here:
    http://ablogtoread.com/tissot/tissot-se ... -for-2009/

My favourite tho is the Black T-Touch Trekker (lots of pics):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/tissot-t-touch-trek ... RCH:US:101

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Glad they've made a T-touch with enough water resistance to risk wearing in the sea. Quite like it, potentially a good travel watch.
    Steve

Reinvigorating this thread as I am considering one of these - anyone purchased yet?

LOVE the LUME

I have just bought one (yesterday). It looks fantastic on the wrist and I have just tested it in the water. The verdict-awesome. The great thing is it has a manual dive function so you can use it for snorkelling and shallow dives. My other dive watches suddenly feel inferior. Quality is outstanding too. I am incredibly impressed.

Finally! Did you go for bracelet or rubber? Black, White or Orange? Can you post pics? Wrist shot.............sorry, perhaps I'll leave it there for now!
    :blackeye:

I have the black one on the rubber. I am away on a family holiday for a couple of days but will definently post pics on Saturday. Tested it in the hotel pool and it is so easy to use and read underwater. Sealing is so good that you can use the buttons underwater for all the functions (the screen deactivates underwater). The minute hand counts the depth and the hour hands the decent speed. I might be overdoing it but this could be a future classic.

I'd be quite tempted if one came up in SC, but I don't think I would pay £500-600 for a new one. How do they compare to the Casio Riseman, which seems to have many similar features?

I do not know much about the Riseman. Do they do a "Dive" version rather than ABC? The Sea-Touch is very much a Dive watch-the altimeter and barometer are replaced by the built in Dive computer and Logbook.

Quote Originally Posted by rushroon
    I do not know much about the Riseman. Do they do a "Dive" version rather than ABC? The Sea-Touch is very much a Dive watch-the altimeter and barometer are replaced by the built in Dive computer and Logbook.
    The Riseman is still 200m rated but I think it would be closer to the solar Frogman which has a dive computer.

Master

Very nice IMO.

Has anyone else read comments that the T-Touch can be temperamental and that complaints/returns were not unusual? Could this just be a vocal minority or perhaps only applies to older/early watches?

I looked at the Expert and thought it was a smashing piece of kit, but I worried myself out of buying it.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by PeterM
    Very nice IMO.

Has anyone else read comments that the T-Touch can be temperamental and that complaints/returns were not unusual? Could this just be a vocal minority or perhaps only applies to older/early watches?

I looked at the Expert and thought it was a smashing piece of kit, but I worried myself out of buying it.
    Noticed a work colleague with a T touch on on thursday. Asked him about how it worked and was told that "it's really cool, except the compass has stopped working properly". Maybe they are just too complex for their own good?

So far the Sea-Touch has worked perfectly but we will see how it has performs after a couple of years of hard use. Here are some photos. It genuinely is a very nice watch in and out of the water.

Good and chunky piece, case reminds me of the seamaster apnea. Is the lume blue on that one?

Cheers for posting

D

That's an interesting watch, and it's good to see someone making innovative watches. It looks a bit tall for me though - I'd forever be twatting it on door frames.

The Lume is actually a greenish colour but looks fantastic. The hands are orange.

The Lume is actually a greenish colour but looks fantastic. The hands are orange.