closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CAF

Craftsman

CAF

I will be purchasing a CAF sometime soon and would like to know how I can go about restoring the watch and the availability of parts...

Would appreciate any advice I can get... Thanks

Re: CAF

Can you be a bit more specific?....Czech air force? eterna, longines, lemania?....or do you mean something esle? :D

Craftsman

Oh I mean the longines Czech Air Force or Aviator...

In fact, this actual piece - > http://www.monster-time.com/Watch%20Pic ... -6315B.jpg

Looks like a good one. Inscribed case back?, porcelain dial or Painted?....Crown looks original from this angle. looks like it will have the 3rd generation of CAF longines movements the 15.68z. Hands perhaps re-lumed or replaced, pointer looks to be 'refreshed'. All to be expected. Main thing is price. I had one a while back, big sucker!!

Craftsman

price abt 3.25k SGD and 1.1-1.2k+GBP at current exchange rates I think...

Dial has abit of ageing not cracks but some rough patches... hands look old so i am not sure about relumed... definately no lume from what i can see... Engraving present, folded lugs, all seems kosher...

I am not sure what to do with it... I like the CAF but I am not so fond of old/stained/patchy dials... very tempted to try source for NOS hands/dial and do a restoration while keeping the original dial/hands safe in storage... if there is such a thing...

Hmmm...............well mine had a redial, i think alot of these watches suffered, especially the Porcelain ones. So you have already bought it? £1100-1200....wow never realised they had gone up so much in value. sold mine a year ago for £500, seemed the going rate at the time, i paid £400 for it......i must admit to not really falling for it. Yes they look great, but just didn't push those buttons for me. :(

Craftsman

I see them for sale at about 1.8k to 2k on finertimes.com... They do not surface so often in Singapore... and theres always the odd impulse buyer like myself...

I am just worried I got a dud watch....

If you want my opinion, i'd leave it alone, and just enjoy the fact it is 70 years old and showing a few 'creases' so to speak. wear it enjoy it. :)

Craftsman

Could you share some pictures of yours please?

here you go......

Craftsman

That is really nice...

Master

Looks pretty good to me, slightly pricey though. Monster Time are a good company. I once met Alvin who runs it on the Azimuth booth at the Basel watch fair, he is a pretty decent guy

Craftsman

Yeah. Hes a nice guy. His stuff are rather pricey indeed. Guess when you want something bad, you just have to pay a premium...

I had wanted a CAF for a while now (after being first poisoned by this forum), incidentally I found another piece days after I paid monies upfront for this one... so I will be ending up with two...

Hope to do a modern restoration (redial, hands, crystal + polishing) for one of them if I can find the right source of parts...