closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pulsar PJN 299X1 Mil Chrono

Pulsar PJN 299X1 Mil Chrono

I got one of these pulsars earlier this year, for £37 it was too good to pass by! Great little watch, strap was total rubbish, so on went one of Eddies. Only one prob bwith this watch....the lume dies after a few hours of darkness. This was also a prob on an MWC that I used to have too. But hey, for £37 the Pulsar is a great watch! Anyone else got one?

Craftsman

Re: Pulsar PJN 299X1 Mil Chrono

I've got the same watch and, as much as I like it, the lume is absolute bobbins. It's apparently issued to the RAF (which is why I bought it, saddo that I am) and I hope they never have to rely on it in the darkness of their cockpits..!

Master

Yep , they're pretty cool , got mine from Argos last year but they don't stock them any more.

Thing is it got me hooked on RAF chronos meaning I've had to pick up these 2 over the past few months :)

(sellers pic used without permission hope it's ok :) )

Craftsman

I love those Seikos, but the ones I've seen on the 'Bay are way, way outside my feeble budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Verkitso
    I've got the same watch and, as much as I like it, the lume is absolute bobbins. It's apparently issued to the RAF (which is why I bought it, saddo that I am) and I hope they never have to rely on it in the darkness of their cockpits..!

Yep, the lume is bloody awful. The best lume I have ever seen is on my Traser, it is even better than my Seamaster, which is very good. Shame they couldn't have got a license to use those little tubes on the Pulsar!

It was a good buy at Argos! Here's mine :)

Rod

It is issued to RAF Navigators (WSOs). Pilots aren't scaled for the chrono and are only allowed the general service G10 for some reason. Of interest is that Pulsar supplied the G10 watches from 2000 for 2 years before being dumped and they returned to the CWC. The Pulsar G10 was utter rubbish, whereas the CWC is a nice watch.

Most WSOp (linguist and acoustic) get issued with the G10. Dont realy justify the chronos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    It was a good buy at Argos! Here's mine :)

Rod

Rod my man I have an idea that that strap set you back more than the watch! :)

nice watch ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper
    I got one of these pulsars earlier this year, for £37 it was too good to pass by!
    Where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon
    I got one of these pulsars earlier this year, for £37 it was too good to pass by!

Got it from Hinds the jewellers in Yeovil just after last christmas, it was in a sale. I think the rec price is about £50 or £60.

Craftsman

Had a friend of mine living in London go to Argos and buy on of those famed Argo Pulsars. I usually don't like chronos but this one is OK, even good looking as per my scale. Put it on one of Eddies open-end Aviators. Gets some wrist time.

rgds,
    /joakim

Spotted one for £48 delivered :wink:

http://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/puls ... -1453.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon

Got it from Hinds the jewellers in Yeovil just after last christmas, it was in a sale. I think the rec price is about £50 or £60.
    Thanks.

Well considering these things only cost about as much as a pair of cheap trainers, people do seem to quite like them I gather.

Its a great little watch.
    It doesn't try to be something it's not and it just kinda looks good on the wrist!!
    Would take and post picture but son has pinched mine and won't see him (or the watch!!) until the weekend :?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    Its a great little watch.
    It doesn't try to be something it's not and it just kinda looks good on the wrist!!
    Would take and post picture but son has pinched mine and won't see him (or the watch!!) until the weekend :?
    One of my sons came to stay for a couple of days whilst between flats. That was four months ago and the bugger is still here! He must also be two stone heavier now too! (Mums cooking!) :x