closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hello! My first post here. Thought this might be of interest

Hello! My first post here. Thought this might be of interest

My new 1985 Royal Navy issue CWC Diver really enjoyed the home spa treatment.

New battery, crystal, case tube, crown, case seals, and a fresh reluming of the hands. The parts cost a whopping $33.25 including a lifetime supply of Luminova.

I picked up the watch for the tidy sum of 55 pounds. Which, even in the condition I bought it, was a bargin.

The watch differs from the later watches in many aspects. Maily different hands, movements, (the old watch used the ETA 555.155), slightly different dials, and bezels. The bezel on the earlier watches are very 300m-Omega-looking, made of plastic, and is luminous at the arabics not just at the triangle like the later watches.

Thanks, Eddie, for the help loging in.

Here are a few before and after shots and a side by side of the later watch.

Before

During

After

Next to a Royal Marine 1995 issue diver

Grand Master
    Hell and welcome to the forum, Strela!

Nice to see you here, and to have another regular from WUS on board here! I think you'll enjoy your time here. Many happy hours, and I look forward to your posts. :D
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    Come on Crusader, it's not that bad. :wink:

Welcome to the forum Strela, glad we could sort out the login difficulty. Lovely watch, thanks for posting.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    Come on Crusader, it's not that bad. :wink:

Welcome to the forum Strela, glad we could sort out the login difficulty. Lovely watch, thanks for posting.

Eddie
    That was the first post of the day, before some coffee, and I am glad I at least got 4 out of 5 right ... :wink:
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Master
    Welcome to the forum Strela. :)
    For those who are interested can you tell who did this job?

Adrian, I did the work myself.

I did the work myself. It was rather simple, actually. The whole job took less time than replacing a whole balance assembely on a 3133, which has only one screw! :o

Grand Master
    Welcome, Strela! Neat job indeed.

I presume when you say 3133 you mean the Poljot chronograph and not the Omega/piguet coaxial chronograph... (on which replacing the balance IS one hell of a job due to the coaxial bits)

Ming

Master
    Nevertheless I'm impressed. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Thein

I presume when you say 3133 you mean the Poljot chronograph and not the Omega/piguet coaxial chronograph... (on which replacing the balance IS one hell of a job due to the coaxial bits)

Ming
    Thank you, Ming. The Omega is a caliber 3313, I believe. And, yes, it was a Poljot. I can not even fathom all of the intricacies of the coaxial movements, let alone work on one. :)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Thein

Ming
    Thank you, Ming. The Omega is a caliber 3313, I believe. And, yes, it was a Poljot. I can not even fathom all of the intricacies of the coaxial movements, let alone work on one. :)

I can never remember where the 1 goes in that number. The coaxial isn't that much more complicated, it just has some interlocking bits on the balance staff/escape wheel, and a double level escape wheel/impulse pallet/pallet fork in order to seperate out the locking of the balance from the impulse modes. It's just fiddly to assemble, from looking at it. I imagine that Omega has found a way around it, since they appear to be machine made now...

Ming