closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any scooter boys on here?

Blog Entries

any scooter boys on here?

anyone on here have a scooter?don't say i'm the only one :cry: .here's mine if anyone's interested

cheers,mick

Re: any scooter boys on here?

thats nice, i like them but i think your the only one :D

Craftsman

I have no idea how old you are, but I had one of these brand new, I think it was called a TV or it may have been LD or both. but you were only cool if it was stripped down with no side panels running board etc. I think the average used price was about £150.00.
    The mode of dress at the time was paisley shirt with cravat, very wide bell bottom jeans, chelsea boots and a parka. The drink was rum and black and you were considered drunk in charge if you fell off and couldn't get back on again.

Grand Master

Cool scoot! Have owned several in the past (both Vespa & Lamberetta) & attended many rally's all over the UK (Isle of Wight was always my fav) .. but have not ridden one for years ..
    /vince ..

That looks lovely Mickey.

Li 150 isn't it?

I was a scooter boy mod in the old days and had a couple of Li's.

Happy days 8)

The originals are worth a few quid now aren't they?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Oh I've had plenty of scooters. All Vespas.

50 Special
    50 S
    125 Primavera (2x)
    150 Sprint
    200 Rally (2x)

All sold now :?
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Provider
    I have no idea how old you are, but I had one of these brand new, I think it was called a TV or it may have been LD or both.
    Two different scooters.

The LD (125?) was the older type with the differently shaped side panels.

The TV 175 was really nice.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman

Have had two Vespa V50's and one Vespa PX200. I sometimes miss them, but watch collecting took overhand over scooting a couple of years ago. Unfortunatelly no pictures to show, had them on a computer that crashed.

The scootering scene in and around Gothenburg is still very active. They have one larger Run in aug/sept and a couple of smaller ones.

/joakim

They are the standard mode of transport over here,
    Can't find a piccy by mine is a modern EFi, 125cc, disk front brake, drum rear and does about 70mph.

Master

Nice scooter 8)

I had a GP150 until about 5 years ago. I flogged it and every time I see a photo of a nice scooter, I want another one!

Blog Entries

thanks for the replies.it's taken me 5 years on and off to get it looking like that,it used to look like this :shock:

i do like a bit of wabi or patina but it was a bit much for me,2 coats of vinyl matt :roll: it wasn't going to last long over here,it's from spain originally and i'm afraid the italian lambretta owners look down on us spanish scooter riders,very sniffy :lol:
    neil.c -yes it is an li150 with a mugello in it,good spot
    provider- a good original tv now would set you back anywhere between£ 6-10,000,a very sought after scooter,not sure about the paisley shirt though :lol: ,bet you wish you'd kept it now(not the shirt)
    mr1973 some nice scoots there,even if they are vespas :blackeye:
    tredders-that's what i'm afraid of,every time i've come close to flogging it i know that i'd be gutted everytime i saw another
    jo.st-it's good to know the scooter scene in sweden is healthy i've read about quite a few rallies and runs from the uk to your part of the world
    thanks again,mick

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall
    Yeah, yeah.... I know I know :lol:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr1973
    Yeah, yeah.... I know I know :lol:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Master

tredders-that's what i'm afraid of,every time i've come close to flogging it i know that i'd be gutted everytime i saw another
    Nah, nah, you won't miss it at all mate. In fact, I'd be doing you a favour if I took it off your hands... :twisted:

Blog Entries

oh ok,as long as you're sure i won't miss it :lol:

Master

Here's mine mate but you will probably hate it as its a vespa and an automatic!

It does have a bit of credibility though - its a GT60 - a 250cc limited edition of 999 worldwide built to commemorate 60 years of vespa.

I love it.....

My brother and his mates take the piss though - they both have old lambrettas like you :lol:

Blog Entries

at least yours will get you where you want to go,if i leave mine ticking over it looks like an accident in an ironmongers on the floor,nuts and bolts everywhere :lol: .buggerin vibrations :twisted: :D
    cheers,mick

Master

You're right there Mick- every time I go out with my brother we spend more time stopping and fixing it.

I did a trip to Swansea and back in a day (from Walsall) with my mate last June (to pick up a Sea Dweller) with no problems at all other than being knackered at the end of the day. we set out at 9.30am and got back around midnight!

My brother did the Isle of Wight in August this year but I was in Malta and missed it - might go this year :wink:

Master

Looks good Mick 8) i dont know much about them but really like to see the old lambrettas. a few mates are really into them and the scooter club scene. i designed them a club badge/logo years ago.

karl

did you see this?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67776&hilit=lambretta+watch

at least yours will get you where you want to go,if i leave mine ticking over it looks like an accident in an ironmongers on the floor,nuts and bolts everywhere :lol: .buggerin vibrations :twisted: :D
    cheers,mick
    That's why I've sold all my old Vespas. Spent more time in the garage than anywhere else :?

Oh, and none of them had the original engine so.... :mrgreen:

Blog Entries

hi karl,yes i did see that.some bloke has bought the lambretta name and now he licenses just about everything he can think of but if i wanted to print a t shirt with the word lambretta on he would have me in court,he's not very popular among lambretta owners :evil: .the name now has nothing to do with the scooters which is a shame :cry:
    on a lighter note i would have pissed myself if i had seen gib984 pulling up outside some poor buggers house with his mate, both with helmets on and saying ' i've come for your rolex pal' :lol: :lol:
    cheers,mick

Blog Entries

No scooter here I'm afraid. But they're cool in my book.

Blog Entries

cheers bricktop,i think austria has a thriving scooter scene if my scootering magazine is to be believed.get one,you won't regret it.if you think you can waste money on watches you haven't owned a lambretta :roll: :wink:
    cheers,mick

Cool. Wellers the man

Blog Entries

indeed,weller is the son of god.you heard it here first :drunken:
    cheers,mick

Craftsman

Not a scooter but this is my latest two wheel toy, just back from the paint shop.

Blog Entries

hence the name monkey boy.looks like it's going to be a good project,have you done a few or is this your first attempt?looks good so far,is that spray or powder coat?
    cheers,mick

Craftsman

Unfortunately I have more bikes than watches (went to bikes from Landrovers - they were taking up too much room). This is my second version of this model (Z50A this is a K1, the other a K2).

This is painted rather than powder coat.

Julian

I started out with Lambrettas, a very long time ago - rare now, as far as I know, and your's looks great!

That is a beautiful scooter Micky.

Here's mine last year, I paid £1200 for a fully functional '63GL. I'd been looking for ages and thought I'd bought the "right" one for me.

Little things started to bother me, you'll know how it is, and I started to take things apart...............before I knew it I was another £1200 poorer.

I am hoping that a beautful bright orange scooter will emerge in March. Costs have spiralled so much that I've had to sell some watches to fund the final bits of restoration. By the time I have finished about the only things not replaced will be the frame and engine casings. :(

Blog Entries

:lol: :lol: that's a very familiar story.bought mine thinking it would be a few weeks in the shed to get it back up and running-5 years and working a lot of weekends later to fund it ,it's finally finished :cheers: :hello1: :headbang: ,nice looking old vespa by the way-put some pics up when it's finished.cheers,mick

Master

I've got 2 Vespas (and one junker) but they're just commuting tools for me. Nothing better for short runs around London, but I take the car if it's more than ten miles! Ought to sell one really.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by jd
    I've got 2 Vespas (and one junker) but they're just commuting tools for me. Nothing better for short runs around London, but I take the car if it's more than ten miles! Ought to sell one really.
    If you do....... ;-)

Master

Sold my ZZR1100 and got a Scooter,

She's a beauty, 20mph flat out. 8 miles on one charge :lol: :lol:

With a bit of practice, I might just get my knackard ol knees down :wink:

Grand Master

indeed,weller is the son of god.you heard it here first :drunken:
    cheers,mick
    +1,
    Yep, Mr Weller's one of the best IMO.

I've never had a scooter but I do think they're cool. At 51 I`m just old enough to remember the original mod scene. Stil like the clothes (Ben Sherman & Fred Perry polo shirts etc). Wish i`d kept my original fish-tail parka!

Paul

Thats in great nick micky is it a restoration I had the LD wayyyyyy back and still love scooters it surprises me the amount you see when visiting the coast I would love another but the prices are sky high for a vespa or lambretta I always thought about paying a visit to France and seeing what was laying around from the sixties but I suppose they would be rust heaps by now 8)

Blog Entries

cheers squashy,i was in france recently and kept my eyes open for any old scooters but i think even the french,as well as the italians and spanish, have now realised the price of scooters is going up and the prices they were charging for wrecks was ridiculous.the bargains are still out there,i was hoping someone on here may have still had one in their garage they wanted rid of :roll: .oh well,i can still dream of a barn find :D
    cheers,mick

Master

Everyone dreams of a barn find.

One day that Vincent Black Shadow, Brough Superior or Manx Norton will jump out at me.

For now though I'll just be getting on with my first barn find :)

As Found

Ongoing project, Getting there though SLOWLY :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries

got your work cut out there enoch,looks to be coming on a treat 8) .get a lot more satisfaction riding around in it knowing it's all your own work too :wink:
    cheers,mick

Master

Cheers Mick,

The main reason for taking it on was to give me a bit of interest since finishing work, following my knee replacements.

I struggle with mobility, but try and do an hour or so everyday, just to keep moving and get out of the house. Progress has been slow, but I'm determined to keep going and complete it.

With a bit of luck it could be running next week, I've had to almost totally re-wire it following an electrical fire in 2002.

The good thing is, that the bodywork is pretty solid, the bad bit is that the previous owner had plenty of mates who all thought they could fix it :roll:
    They'ed all had a go at it by the time I came accross it, so most of my work is fixing their bodges.

Still it keeps the mind busy eh???

I had a Triumph T10 Tina about a hundred years ago. Bought it off a kid at school for a tenner.

And if you're wondering what the flip a Triumph Tina is, look here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Tina

The scooter I would love to get my hands on would be the Velocette Le 200 the park keepers used they were shaft driven four stroke and water cooled and so quite you didnt hear the park keepers coming the machines looked very comfortable also the police used them the Noddy Bike lol but for the time being mickies lambo will do me :D

Master

How about this one for getting through London traffic?

When we were in Italy, we went to the Piaggio museum - some fun pieces in there.

Blog Entries

brilliant,looks like something professor pat pending would design for wacky races :D
    cheers,mick

Had many Lambretta's over the years, sold my last one (SX200) ten years ago to a well respected Mancunian soul DJ,do miss it on sunny days though !

Aye, I end up riding all kinds of everything with two wheels... just look at what I wobbled to work on day before yesterday... :)

:lol: :lol: that's a very familiar story.bought mine thinking it would be a few weeks in the shed to get it back up and running-5 years and working a lot of weekends later to fund it ,it's finally finished :cheers: :hello1: :headbang: ,nice looking old vespa by the way-put some pics up when it's finished.cheers,mick
    Ok, as promised, here you go Micky and anybody else who is interested (probably just me & Micky :( )

Master

turned out nice Mark love the colour 8)

karl

That looks brilliant Mark. :D

Bet you're too frightened to add up what it all cost. :lol: :wink:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C
    That looks brilliant Mark. :D