closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum registration suspended

Re: Forum registration suspended

I seem to have something in common with quite a few others, joined previously, didn't post, got deleted, rejoined.

Anyway, Ian here, pleased to be on TZ-UK.

Craftsman

Probabably been posted above, but I just logged on and realised that I can no longer access the George and Dragon. Have been scanning the posts without logging in for the last few weeks as I haven't had much spare time. Just tried to reply to a post only to find I can no longer do so until I reach my 25 posts. Never mind, I'm sure I'm not the only one :) and if it keeps the board available to those who use don't abuse it, I'm all for it.

mikea2

Thanks for allowing me to register. I was previously a member and then removed. I admit i was a lurker and the main reason I joined was for the sales corner. I am not a collector of watches just someone who was/is interested in buying a quality watch from people I think I can trust. If this means I have to post 25 times then so be it, but it does seem a bit excessive. However it is not my forum and I will have to abide by the rules.

Craftsman

It seems there is some very strong feelings out there. I love watches, and I love hearing what others like and get there input. It's a shame when a few spoil it for the rest.
    I think it must be really difficult for Eddie to make these decisions, but hats off for keeping it going, it's the best there is :compress:

I'm guessing it's no longer closed though?

I must admit when I tried to register here a while ago I was a little put out that registration was closed, and then I went away and forgot all about it, came back and now it's sorted so things turn out OK in the end.

I managed to register the other day, I've been trying to do so for a little while!

I'm waiting for the email that says my account has been activated... but it seems I am able to post even though I have yet to receive it :)

Journeyman

Coming from more US based forums, I automatically notice the difference in terms of registering, and staying registered.
    I hope I won't get kicked out for not posting about 100 posts per day.
    Right, i'm off to enjoy some posting!!! :computer:

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by marcsaint9
    Coming from more US based forums, I automatically notice the difference in terms of registering, and staying registered.
    I hope I won't get kicked out for not posting about 100 posts per day.
    Right, i'm off to enjoy some posting!!! :computer:
    Well I actually got kicked out, after all!

Thanks to Eddie, the gentleman that he is, reinstated me and did not make me lose my sanity.

Much appreciated.

Must have been the fastest registering and banning recorded in history!!!! :tongue9:

Maybe filter new registrations according to IP address ie Country??

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by NicktheNorse
    I managed to register the other day, I've been trying to do so for a little while!

I'm waiting for the email that says my account has been activated... but it seems I am able to post even though I have yet to receive it :)
    Me too :)

Joined recently, I live just across the Channel.

Lots of good info and many posts to check out.
    Thanks for having me.

theshape

Quote Originally Posted by NicktheNorse

Yeah, me too. Ah well, might as well get posting!

Apprentice

Yeah, I snuk in from Canastan before the ban happened I guess. :wink:

Nice place to hang out.

Cheers, Brent

Hi,

IS this a new rule that to require posting.

I got this message when i tried to reply and post..

You do not have the required post count to view this forum.
    In order to view this forum, you must have 25 posts.

You only need 7 more posts.

If I do not allow to post in BMW, how can I fulfill the posting requirement?? strange.

Any idea how to sort this out??

Hans

You are only allowed to post in Watch Talk until you reach your 25 posts, then you can post in the rest of the forum. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    You are only allowed to post in Watch Talk until you reach your 25 posts, then you can post in the rest of the forum. ;)
    Well that's fine,totally agree with that. What about reading a topic..? :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Visionhu
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    Well that's fine,totally agree with that. What about reading a topic..? :roll:[/quote

Membership is voluntary.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

d2000

Now I've finally got around to registering, i'm realising how many more sections to the forum there are that you can't see as a guest! ...now if only i had enough post to read all of them!!

I'm a new boy, and 25 posts seems fair play to get access to what is no doubt an excellent site and great knowledge resource. Here's post one!
    Cheers - Rob

I agree with the previous poster that 25 posts isn't a huge number. If it encourages people to get involved and contribute then this is a good thing right?

Mos

Have been trying to join for sometime and luckily managed to find an opening this morning, so firstly a big thankyou to Eddie, as I've been enjoying the forum for sometime, so it's great to be a able to participate now.

Hopefully making registering harder will deter any time wasters from joining and I agree with the previous posters, 25 seems like a fair number to set for newbies and where better to start with my first.

Cheers Mos

Journeyman

Last one in gets a big prize ?

MELVY

New Joiner : Post Registration Suspension

I reckon i must have just scraped thru too. Talking with some friends last week on how gutted i was when i lost my first watch in the surf and i was on the hunt for the same make again. Seiko Sports 100 g757-5020 (digital LCD classic bought in 1982 for $A 245 but now at the bottom, "out the back", of Maroubra Beach !)

Hows my chances

Thxs Ant for the referral last Thursday (Warns74) and Eddie for registration.
    So here goes for hopefully the start to finding it.
    Melvy

Apprentice

Was really disappointed seeing that registrations seemed to be suspended, so have been browsing this forum anonymously for quite some time.

But gave it a go again, and it all went through, so am thoroughly happy with that!

Hope to get involved a bit with the board, and although am somewhat of a novice when it comes to watches, I'm learning very quickly :-)

Cheers

me too, i'm already registered on most of the other forums and now i'm on here too!

Quote Originally Posted by Huey
    I agree with the previous poster that 25 posts isn't a huge number. If it encourages people to get involved and contribute then this is a good thing right?
    I concur!

i'm new ! 24posts to go, but i think that's worth it :D

I'm new too but I just wanted to say hi. One down 24 to go. :)

New too :D

Is it known, when this forum is open for new registration?

I am new as well but was wandering how to change my forum name as I sound like a drag act! The settings on the user control panel allow you to change most things but the user name. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rob

You can't without registering and that would involve contacting Eddie, I think.

Well, second time lucky for me..!!

I got registered today after previously trying around a month ago. The watch section on PH led me here some time back, but I didn't register as I wasn't fully on the slippery slope.

Now I'm well and truly on the slope and here I am..!!

Is there a part of the forum where newbies introduce themselves....?

Nige. :D

Hello

I'm in :)

Cheers :)

Watch the phpbb forum there are several mods to solve these registration problems.

Craftsman

Hi
    Newbie here, have been a lurker on the forum as not knowledgeable by any stretch of the imagination. However, used to look at the sales corner and have just been able to register and need to make a few postings! Looking to make a trade up on my wife's Rolex for an upcoming birthday so need to get my skates on! (particularly in this weather)

In at last after much lurking!
    Greetings all.

Quote Originally Posted by obsession
    In at last after much lurking!
    Greetings all.
    Welcome!

But I suggest you make an introduction post in the George & Dragon forum, much more members will see it there. :wink:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Journeyman

That additional numbers and letters thing with your user name and password is very difficult to read........is that anti Russian? :lol:

Barry

Apprentice

Woo-hoo I'm in - I'm sure I registered around 9 or so months ago but couldnt post. So happy to have got in, as I frequent a couple of other watch places and wanted to be able to post on here too
    Thanks Eddie

Rich 8)

It appears i have finally been let. Many thanks, have been lurking for a while.

ho66es

wahooo made it :) now to have a rummage

Journeyman

After lurking here for a long time I have finally been able to register. Many thanks for that. Now to get my post count up so that I can actually see all of the forums...

DavidLeics

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon
    Blimey, I just got in in time. Thanks!

MarkR
    (a newbie)
    Christ, I registered this morning... result! I guess thats what they call good timing :)

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeics
    Christ, I registered this morning... result! I guess thats what they call good timing :)
    Tell me about
    Been a member on a similar forum, tried to buy some watches but the CONUS bull made me look for something closer. Once found, it wasn't too easy to join, but I made it after all!!! :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeics
    Likewise :) More by luck than judgement on my part, but it's all good. Hello All :)

Hi

Im in... :P

Master

Me too!!!!! :drunken:

Craftsman

I've just got in phew but on 21 posts now, to see this go to 50 in order to get into Sales Corner. I am after a Sinn U! when I finally get in there.

Master

I runa phpBB from for a classic car, had no end of problems with spammers and no hopers just trying to get on to cause arguments, ended up having a 2 stage registration where in the first stage they have to give a valid chassis number. Works a treat. :lol: