closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TZ UK and Confidentiality of members' surnames

Master

Re: TZ UK and Confidentiality of members' surnames

Irregardless is a stronger word than- in keeping with the context and use- regardless and seemed right for the message.
    Your objection is duly noted ;)

AP.

thanks for the defense, Jon.

just to clear the air...

if Andrew had read the prior posts, i merely suggested to Sundial that if he's that concerned about this identity, given the propensity of buyers on watch forums like this, to get a lot of information about the seller, then it is not in the seller's best interest if he's seeking to limit his exposure to private information.

indeed, this is partly why i have never sought to post any watches for sale in watch forums like this. i have yet to sell any of my watches, but if i had to, odds are likely that i would post it on eBay in order to keep my information private, unless the buyer was a member that i personally knew, or who had very strong references. even so, there's no guarantee that my information wouldn't be passed on even if it was well-intentioned.

i was actually in agreement with Sundial that the buyer did break etiquette, but i also agree with the voiced sentiment that others posted that it's a bit naive, at the very least extremely trusting, to hope that your personal information won't be mishandled once it's been given to others. especially so if he's already been a victim of identity theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Quote Originally Posted by dawson2k5
    well i remeber one person calling him a "tool" and telling him that maybe he shouldn't buy and sell watches on here anymore.
    If you read it back properly you will see that was only after Dunk replied in an aggressive manner to a very fair comment IMO.

I don't want to get into a row either, so i think it's best we just leave this to Sundial and the person who shared his details.
    Agreed, and as such this thread should never have come about.

It wasn't me, was it you
    No.

What is your name? Dont tell him Pike!

Master

Woops - just seen this seven pager and need to hold my hand up here - it was me.

I have pm'd Dunc with my apologies for this and regardless of the varied views expressed, Dunc considers it wrong and on that basis it was wrong, as he is the involved and affected party. I will leave the background to this incident between me and Dunc but also offer a forum wide apology for upset caused.

Sorry guys

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Denizen
    thanks for the defense, Jon.

just to clear the air...

if Andrew had read the prior posts, i merely suggested to Sundial that if he's that concerned about this identity, given the propensity of buyers on watch forums like this, to get a lot of information about the seller, then it is not in the seller's best interest if he's seeking to limit his exposure to private information.

indeed, this is partly why i have never sought to post any watches for sale in watch forums like this. i have yet to sell any of my watches, but if i had to, odds are likely that i would post it on eBay in order to keep my information private, unless the buyer was a member that i personally knew, or who had very strong references. even so, there's no guarantee that my information wouldn't be passed on even if it was well-intentioned.

i was actually in agreement with Sundial that the buyer did break etiquette, but i also agree with the voiced sentiment that others posted that it's a bit naive, at the very least extremely trusting, to hope that your personal information won't be mishandled once it's been given to others. especially so if he's already been a victim of identity theft.

Members are quite welcome to share anything that I post within these fora ... but not within private messages. My objection is to a member sharing confidential information necessarily given by me to him in a private message ie my surname because I have never used my surname in any post or thread . We are a trusting community so it is not unreasonable to expect reasonable members not to divulge personal PM information to others. And please do not refer to me as "naive" . Your dogmatic statement and skewed logic are total balderdash old chap. I again suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself and think a bit more before you post them.

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Grand Master

FFsake I think we've all had enough of this squabble. Lots of views have been aired ; clearly this is a sensitive issue for you and I`m sure most of us genuinely sympathise with your unfortunate experience regarding identity fraud.

Th guy who revealed your identity did so innocently; I`d have done the same without giving it much thought. We`ve all learned a lesson from this........but FFsake get over it or get in the Bear pit with this thread.

Not my usual style of reply but I`m sure I speak for many on here. Much worse things are happening everyday...get it in perspective!

Paul

The apology has been given. That should be enough, IMO.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring

+1....Let's hope this gets put to bed soon. Time for Eddie to step in?

Agreed - debated to death.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    Agreed - debated to death.
    Agreed - opinion is very much divided it seems so everyone is a looser, or rather we're all winners :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor
    Woops - just seen this seven pager and need to hold my hand up here - it was me.

I have pm'd Dunc with my apologies for this and regardless of the varied views expressed, Dunc considers it wrong and on that basis it was wrong, as he is the involved and affected party. I will leave the background to this incident between me and Dunc but also offer a forum wide apology for upset caused.

Sorry guys

Andrew

Somehow I missed reading your apology Andrew ... but we have subsequently sorted this via PM anyway ... Thanks Andrew, apology accepted and yes let's put this to bed now.

Cheers

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor

Sorry guys

Andrew
    Somehow I missed reading your apology Andrew ... but we have subsequently sorted this via PM anyway ... Thanks Andrew, apology accepted and yes let's put this to bed now.

Cheers

dunk
    :D
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

good good... now what shall we all "discuss" next?! :D

Banned

:|

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt
    So, that'll be Balazs then (pronounced 'Balash' with two hard 'a' or the 'o' from orange and an 'a' sif I remember correctly.
    the first 'a' is pronounced like the a in Omega, the second 'a' is actually an 'á' which is similar to the English sound 'o' in rock when said with an American accent if you know what I mean. the 'zs' is pronounced like the 'J' in the French name Jacques

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt
    So, do you really talk with a lisp?
    No Matt, those are the Spanish :D

the Hungarian language is unique in a sense that no other nation speaks it in the world. while we are in the same language group as the Finnish for example, that is a totally different, and we don't understand a word they say :(