closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What's Next?

What's Next?

Hi,

What is the next Timefactors watch to see the light of day? There are so many up in the air at the moment...(I'm not asking for when, just which?). :?

Re: What's Next?

Eddie's given no indication about that to my knowledge. Any and all info is on this forum for you to read.

Probably the new PRS-3 will be next or the new version of the PRS-50. As you know, nothing is definite.

Keep your eyes open for new offerings from New Time Horology.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman

Fantastic news master watchmaker sir! How about solid bars and a pvd version with day and date 2836 movt in homage to the sbs cwc? I wanted to put an auto day date movt in a kronos or originsl but i dont think its a feasable swap in. You see i allways hummed and ha'd about the cwc sbs but never felt comfy with quartz and mineral glass. The day date feature is a rarity in mil spec watches, and would be the killer tactical peice of kit to own! 4GET about a bracelet though please atleast on the pvd version if you make one, solid bars are so much more secure and tactical. :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by hazman
    Fantastic news master watchmaker sir! How about solid bars and a pvd version with day and date 2836 movt in homage to the sbs cwc? I wanted to put an auto day date movt in a kronos or originsl but i dont think its a feasable swap in. You see i allways hummed and ha'd about the cwc sbs but never felt comfy with quartz and mineral glass. The day date feature is a rarity in mil spec watches, and would be the killer tactical peice of kit to own! 4GET about a bracelet though please atleast on the pvd version if you make one, solid bars are so much more secure and tactical. :bounce:
    [s:10njujve]I don't think I'll be doing this one.[/s:10njujve] No.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman

OK Sir, just a suggestion. I should have snagged the prs4? from you years back or even from US wct when he had a few left, oh well there is allways the cwc quatz or a watchdude modded pvd kronos i suppose. I did notice a very similar watch for sale with a blasted finish described as being a limited fricker run on eot a year or so ago. And the case style seems to have been around a while, i noticed an aristo diver of similar look on gnomons site.

The case of the PRS-3/4/11 goes back to the 1970s and was used by many, including Heuer. The new PRS-3 isn't the same.

Eddie

Journeyman

Oh good , will it be slightly dreadnoughtesque dare i say? Perhaps in the crown gaurd or lug department? I think i read it was to be beefed up a little and 22mm sping bars were in order even rumour of a bracelet perchance?

All the information you need will be revealed by the search function.

Eddie

If you put "PRS-3" into the search engine, you get zero hits. If you put "prs3" you get plenty, but only two or three since July last year on the Time Factors Watches sub-forum. Is there a way of getting the search engine to accept "PRS-3" as a valid term? I find often that unless you were somehow in the loop when particular projects were initially discussed, it can be quite difficult to get up to speed. Perhaps some sort of sticky with links at the top of the Time Factors Watches Forum might be helpful?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC
    If you put "PRS-3" into the search engine, you get zero hits. If you put "prs3" you get plenty, but only two or three since July last year on the Time Factors Watches sub-forum. Is there a way of getting the search engine to accept "PRS-3" as a valid term? I find often that unless you were somehow in the loop when particular projects were initially discussed, it can be quite difficult to get up to speed. Perhaps some sort of sticky with links at the top of the Time Factors Watches Forum might be helpful?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    You do have a point generally and in most case this happens but for the new PRS-3 you don't.

I followed the watch up to the point at which it was announced it would be Auto-only. If I recollect correctly there has been an almost complete lack of images, specs, drawings and dimensions. So there is nothing you could post there apart from something confirming the lug width.

Journeyman

I just hope it beats the CwC on price auto wise or even quartz. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by hazman
    I just hope it beats the CwC on price auto wise or even quartz. :shock:
    The project is specification and quality driven, not price driven.

Eddie

Why are you calling it the PRS-3 if it's markedly different from the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    Why are you calling it the PRS-3 if it's markedly different from the original?
    Because that's the model it replaces.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC
    You do have a point generally and in most case this happens but for the new PRS-3 you don't.

I followed the watch up to the point at which it was announced it would be Auto-only. If I recollect correctly there has been an almost complete lack of images, specs, drawings and dimensions. So there is nothing you could post there apart from something confirming the lug width.
    The same point does apply to the PRS-3. I have no obvious way of knowing that there is little to know about the PRS-3 because 'PRS-3' as a search term does not work in the search engine! The same would also apply if I was interested in learning more about the development of the PRS-50 because 'PRS-50' also fails to register any hits. An entry on a sticky for PRS-3 could still link to relevant discussions, even if they fail to contain any substantive details.

Martin

As you've found, forum search engines are pretty unintelligent as a rule. To get the best out of them you need to explore several different ways of phrasing your query.

[I note I've moved from being a Jedi to being a House Elf...]

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    As you've found, forum search engines are pretty unintelligent as a rule. To get the best out of them you need to explore several different ways of phrasing your query.
    Yes, there are always ways and means to ferret out nuggets of info. but the more difficult that is to accomplish, the more likely people are simply to ask the question in a post. Using the model number would seem to be the most logical way to target directly those posts relating to that particular watch but in this case, that does not work effectively because the model numbers of most of the TF watches contain a '-'!

Apprentice

You get a much better search function using google. Try searching on "PRS-3 site:tz-uk.com".

Master

Quote Originally Posted by proximo
    You get a much better search function using google. Try searching on "PRS-3 site:tz-uk.com".
    I was about to suggest this, good call

It could easier to open sticky posts one for each new project.

Regards,

Engi

Master

We would have no end of stickies, and a shortage of front page topics