closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It never rains, it pours

Master

It never rains, it pours

well, dad was doing better after his brain operation, and had moved to Sunderland for palliative care, and awaiting a transfer to the Rehab centre, but we got some terrible news about 20 minutes ago, he suffered a heart attack last night, and they are now scared that he will suffer another one, they have moved him to the cardio ward and are keeping him under observation, they have said there is a good chance he will need a bypass, another life saving surgery, as if he hasn't gone through enough with 3 major brain operations, he now has to go through this, my mother is distraught and TBH i'm not feeling too clever either, it's bloody pants all of this, just 3 months ago we were happy as larry, plodding along with business having a laugh, and now i've neralty lost him 3 times and i'm about to risk losing him again, i don't think i can take anymore heart ache, and i certainly can't live without him, here's hoping things get better.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Re: It never rains, it pours

So sorry to hear of the setback Andrew... hope the next few days are a bit smoother for you and your family and your Father pulls through.

Sorry, Andrew; it's been a tough time for you all.

Hoping things go well with the op & you can all look forward to a healthier & happier future.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Go sit with him and talk to him Andrew, tell him how you feel about him but most of all, be positive.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman

Andrew

I don't know you at all, but my heart goes out to you. Eddie is right, just be with him. I can't imagine what you are going through.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Francis

Be with him. Let him know how you feel. Listen to him. Let him know that you will be alright.

You're stronger than you think.

Master

I'm going to see him at 7 tonight as this is when we are allowed in, i want to tell him how much i love him and let him know what he means to me, i'm just sooo scared of loosing him, and never having told him just how i feel, i'm like a big girl at the minute, taers in my eye's everyones out there arguing about why this happened and i just can't hack it, cometh the hour cometh the man springds to mind, and i'm afraif i'm failing on that one at the minute :(
    Than ks for the comments guys, let's see what tonight brings, it's my birthday tomorrow as well :| won't be celebrating with this over my head,
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Go sit with him and talk to him Andrew, tell him how you feel about him but most of all, be positive.

Eddie
    And what ever you do don't show your mum the pic of you in the Army outfit, otherwise she'll have a heart attack too.
    Be strong for your Mum, she needs you more than ever.

Hope to read a 'My Dad's better now' post from you soon.

Chris.

I went through similar with my father not so long ago. Things are never as bleak as they seem in the moment. Take the advice of Eddie and others and make sure you talk to him. Chin up, big fella.

thats terrible news mate. My thoughts are with your dad, yourself and your family.

keep your chin up and be a rock for your mum :)

kind regards

Alex

So sorry to hear of your Dad's setback Andrew. But Eddies advise is sound, be there, and be positive.

Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    So sorry to hear of your Dad's setback Andrew. But Eddies advise is sound, be there, and be positive.
    +1

If you're still logging on, give this place a miss for a while.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Spending time with your family is the most important thing.

Thoughts are with you and family

Quote Originally Posted by dawson2k5
    ....cometh the hour cometh the man springds to mind, and i'm afraif i'm failing on that one at the minute.......

Andrew
    Hi Andrew,

sorry to hear your news, life can seem very cruel at times. Wish there were some wise words that would help. We've not met but I do know that you've shown more than a little courage in sharing things here regarding your Dad's recent troubles. You need not fear in your search for the man inside, he is already here for us all to see.

Best regards to you and your family in this difficult time

jeff

Master

Sorry to hear this bad news.

Hope he gets over this soon

Master

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    This is really important, and it's one of the ways you can do something. It's not easy to be positive when your mum or dad is critically ill, I know, but if you don't believe, how can they?

It's really important that you make him believe he can get through it, and he can. My dad had a quad bypass a couple of years ago (aged 77) and he's fine now... cardio techniques are pretty canny these days, and your dad's in the right place.

Terrible news Andrew but try to stay positive, especially with your mum and dad.

...cometh the hour cometh the man springs to mind...
    You said that chap... I'm with andy tims on this, give this place a rest now... go do and say what you know you must.

Just saw this (replied after reading first post) I'll keep him in my prayers.

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Andrew, so bloody sorry mate.

Don't know what else to say. We're thinking of you.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Rotten news Andrew - I hope that things turn out better than they look right now. Chin up.

Crap. Everything crossed for your Dad, Andrew.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Really, really sorry to hear this Andrew - please accept my best wishes and thoughts in this difficult time. Take some comfort in the fact that he is in the right place with the right people. Support your Mum and be positive - all the best fella.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar

and i'm afraif i'm failing on that one at the minute :(
    Just read this Andrew, so sorry to hear this about your Dad. Its not a matter of failing mate, there is no right and wrong in these situations as nobody really knows what to do. Hope the visit was a positive one.

Thinking of you mate :)
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Master

I hope he gets well soon. He sure has the benefit of a loving, caring and engaged family. That counts for a lot!
    I can sort of relate, an immediate family member of mine is currently recovering from third brain surgery in a year. He always says that what kept him up best was the support and visits from the family.

Kindly
    /john

Master

Sorry to hear this, Andrew. I hope that your father makes a smooth recovery.

Have strength and be a rock for your family. Let your emotions out and let your father know how you feel about him.

Jay

Let's hope you get some good news soon. Thinking of you all.

Master

Been to see him, and feel a whole heap better, although the news isn't good, seeing him and him laughing and joking made me feel 1000% better, he's in good spirits, and the doctors feel that he should pass through this unscathed, so i'm feeling happier, it's still a shock, but now i've spoken to the docs, spoken to my dad i feel better and think that i can cope alot easier, going to see him tomorrow, so i think it's all good, mum's feeling better as well, we had a chat and she layed her fears out for me to see, and they were the same as mine, but the doctors have said that the heart attack he suffered was mild, and that the procedure to fix the blockage (if there is one) is fairly straight forward and common place, soo not good news, but good feelings :thumbleft:
    Thanks for all the support guys, i know i can be a pain, but it's you guys that i turn to first, thanks, it's much appreciated,
    Andrew

Your never a pain Andrew

My thoughts are with you mate

Lee

Blog Entries

Andrew
    Never commented on your posts before, just lurked and laughed at your 'flipping antics'. Echoing the sentiment of others let him know how you feel, you will both feel better - but be positive. The type of heart procedure you are talking about here is very much routine now, it just seems worse on top of everything else you've been through. When I was your age I used to think it was soft to say I love you to my Dad (Afterall I thought he knew anyway), cry and such like. You are only young and emotions are seen to be a weakness, I used to be the same. Trust me it takes a real man to be open and honest, and this could be your time to step up to the mark, I am sure you are perfectly capable. If it helps you a very good friend of mine was in the battle of Cimic house in Iraq 2003, this was a man who I served with in some pretty extreme environments and is rock hard (Although mobilised I missed this posting as I was an old knacker awaiting an operation on my buggered knees) . He told me at the very height of the battle he was on the perimeter with his Gimpy putting down loads of rounds and crying because he thought he would never see his kids again. He was n't the only one either. There's nothing wrong there, and trust me not many people call an SSM soft (Twice anyway). In short be strong physically and mentally, even when all around is sh*t, try and smile however hard it is - there is always someone worse off. If it gets really bad - smile twice as hard, and laugh in the face of adversity. You could even develop that 'squaddie humour' laughing when others just don't get the joke, and with your NATO straps you are almost halfway to your Army goal.
    Good luck, stay strong, be positive for your Dad and look after your Mum, because shes going to need it more than your Dad (He's in the best place to get all he needs).
    Best wishes
    James

Hope your Dad gets better soon Andrew.

Christian.

Journeyman
    London - just follow the sounds of champagne corks and screaming.

The other guys have said it already, so I'll just confirm that what they're saying is good sense. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Master

Glad to hear there is positive news from the hospital. Hope your Dad keeps recovering well.

As said before - be their for your Mum. Wishing you all well.

Steve

Just read all this. I can only echo what everyone else is saying.

Be strong and be there for your family.

All the very best.

For what it's worth, my best advice would be to tell your dad that you love him.

My Gran died in November and I would have regretted not telling her that, as she was a mother to me.

I hope your dad will pull through,

All the best,

Paul.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    Just read all this. I can only echo what everyone else is saying.

Be strong and be there for your family.

All the very best.
    +1 Stay strong and positive and i sincerely hope that you dad, you and family come through this difficult time.

Take care

Martin

Hey buddy.

Only posted replies to threads and a few Pm's on here...

I know what you are going through. Had this with my Father In Law last year June, only a month after we were married.

It is tough to get through, but try and keep positive as much as possible, and visit and talk with/to him.

Best wishes and thoughts are with you and family

Good to hear your dad's heart condition is not as threatening as first thought Andrew and hope he continues to recover ... and good to hear that he is laughing and joking after all he has been through.

Best wishes

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master

Echoing other people here but be with him, tell him how much he means to you, have a cry if it helps and look forward to him being better.

Hope it all works out for you.

Best

Andrew,you have proved yourself a man by being open and honest,tears spilt will not make you any less macho,but will relieve some tension,leaving you to help your mum and dad when they need you.Hope all goes well for you all :)

Master

Hi Andrew,
    Just hope your dad makes a full recovery,be there for him at his side nothing else matters at times like this.
    ATB
    Chris

Master

Sorry to hear of your sad news Andrew

The news sounds more positive Andrew which I hope brings you some much needed relief.

Our thoughts are with you.

All the best.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Sorry to hear this Andrew, but glad that you are feeling more positive about the whole situation.

You are in our thoughts!

Take care of yourself!

Mark

Sorry to read of your problems Andrew. Good luck to you and yours

Keep on keeping on

Paul

quote="FHKJ"]Andrew

I don't know you at all, but my heart goes out to you. Eddie is right, just be with him. I can't imagine what you are going through.

Francis[/quote]

Well said Francis. My thoughts too Andrew.

best regards
    John

Hi Andrew,
    Looks like a good call mentioning the worries at home, judging by the responses here there are a lot of people here with you in their thoughts .
    Best wishes chap to you and your family.
    Nigel

Master

Hope it's getting on better now Andrew. Best wishes and regards,
    AP. :)