closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice on next hunt...

Advice on next hunt...

Ok, I have got my new grail, the Seiko MM SD, and the next hunt begins....

My doubts are between a vintage Grand Seiko 36000 (around 600 euros/500 GBP? Please advice on this) and a Omega Hour Vision.

I have always liked the Omega Hour Vision and yesterday I saw one in Heathrow (without the bracelet). At 2500 GBP, and given the exchange rate, my calculation is that this means 2800 euros, almost half what it was!

I do like the Omega but I am not a millionaire, so money is an issue for me. I mean, I can afford it but at the expense of other sacrifices...

So, your thoughts?

Re: Advice on next hunt...

No thoughts? :?

Personally If buying the Omega is going to have an affect on your spending power for other items then i would not buy it. Wait a few months and save up a bit more and then buy it.

OK Ok pics

Grand Seiko

Omega Hour Vision:

Banned

that gs is very f...... 8) 8)

Ooh, very different looking watches. I'd have the Seiko just for reassons of obscurity!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmerjammer
    f......

:scratch: Don´t get it...ME verry sloww

I wouldn’t advise a 36.000 as they haven’t been too successful. Even the 28.800 are too fast and longevity is being sacrificed for the advantages of short term accuracy and better rate.

Have you seen this site?
    http://www.36000bph.com/

… and somehow I don’t feel you will be wearing the Hour Vision enough to warrant the cost. I suggest you give the whole subject some more thinking.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

The GS looks like something my granddad would wear! The Omega looks much nicer but seems a bit pricey for a pretty ordinary watch.

However, if you lust after those then out of the 2 I'd go with the Omega simply as it looks far nicer than the Seiko.

Thanks guys...The high beat is out. A delicate vintage movement and pricey does not seem to be a good combo.

On the Omega, I will give it a thought. As john indicates, I do not wear my dress watches so frequently, so let´s think about this. The price in GBP represents now at least 33% less than the euro price, and this type of arbitrage will not take long to be equalised. So the main argument for going now for it is financial, basically......and maybe that is a bad idea....