closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedbird? don't get it

Re: Speedbird? don't get it

The most successful watches I've sold, if you exclude the Dreadnought, are the Speedbird PRS-1 and the PRS-20 "Italian". Both of these have sterile dials and sure, people said they would have bought the PRS-1 if it had a date or the Italian if it had a seconds hand but a sterile dial is what a lot of people ask for. The (admittedly early) response to the Speedbird III suggests that a lot of people still want a sterile dial and I would be foolish to ignore that.

There will be plenty in the future for people who like to see some writing on the dial. :wink:

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    The most successful watches I've sold, if you exclude the Dreadnought, are the Speedbird PRS-1 and the PRS-20 "Italian". Both of these have sterile dials and sure, people said they would have bought the PRS-1 if it had a date or the Italian if it had a seconds hand but a sterile dial is what a lot of people ask for. The (admittedly early) response to the Speedbird III suggests that a lot of people still want a sterile dial and I would be foolish to ignore that.

There will be plenty in the future for people who like to see some writing on the dial. :wink:

Eddie
    I for one like it as it is as close to the IWC as I am likely to get and as I get more long sighted, I appreciate clean and uncluttered dials more and more - after all, if there was any detail, it would be lost on me :D

Just tried to order one though but the site appears to be closed :(

Quote Originally Posted by kfman
    It appears to be working now :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    It is indeed, and my order has been successfully placed - oh dear, that now makes 3 watches in a month when I promsied myself I would reduce my collection :( Someone but one of my watches on SC :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    It is indeed, and my order has been successfully placed - oh dear, that now makes 3 watches in a month when I promsied myself I would reduce my collection :( Someone but one of my watches on SC :D
    Got mine as well!!!!! Yeeeeeeeyyy! :D :D :D

Master

I really like the clean lines of the Speedbird series although I have yet to own one and the latest variant looks stunning, especially with that somewhat familiar bracelet? Where I have seen that before....... :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stix
    I really like the clean lines of the Speedbird series although I have yet to own one and the latest variant looks stunning, especially with that somewhat familiar bracelet? Where I have seen that before....... :)
    Seen it in Schaffhausen by any chance? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishtrunkmonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    … just too plain.
    nail on the head
    sometimes less is more......... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    If I wanted to raise a similar question, I might have handled it a bit differently. Here's how I might have led off.

Thread title: Plain Pilot Type Watches.
    With the introduction and apparent sucess of Eddie's SBIII, I got to thinking about pilot watches. In particular, I was wondering about why so many people find them attractive. When looking at pictures of them, I find them too plain for my tastes. In particular, they are smallish and lack a bezel. Am I alone in this? Will folks who do like them say why?
    Best wishes,
    Bob
    Exactly how I feel Bob, although the discussion in this thread is interesting (although with every next dial design Eddie shows this discussion takes place)
    the way this thread started made it look like it's just the SB that is discussed however this style is found with numerous brands

Since you suggested it a few times in the last 7 years or so....
    supply some letraset for the people who fancy something like "superlative chronocrap" or "made in switzerland with chinese parts" on the dial :twisted:

or you could do like some (D***) some brands and make maybe 4 different dials with different writing on the dial and call every next batch an very exclusive limited edition....

So how do the people who do not like plain dials feel about the plain dials of many dresswatches?

There are quite a few who just have the brand name on it and nothing more than that....
    are these to plain in your views too?

sometimes less is more.........
    In my experience it is simple to complicate something and extremely complicated to make something simple.

I have been wearing my Speedbird III for a few days now and i love the watch. I took off my Glasshutte Senator Navigator to put this on and i am now struggling in my comparison of the two. The GO bracelet wins, but i could buy three of the SB III for what the bracelet on the Glasshutte cost!!
    The actual case and crystal of the SB III is what it is though, Pilot tool watch - and beautifully executed.
    For those that want writing, it's on the back of the case :wink:

I realise now that I like sterile dials...Love my LE Italian, love my new SB3, love my explorer 1....Funny thing, I never thought about it... :?

But maybe I like all watches. :shock:

And for sure I like all Eddie´s watches :D

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    Quote Originally Posted by sijoc
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad
    I wasn't 'knocking' the Speedbird III at all - merely commenting that this style of watch just isn't my cup of tea - I don't think that's tasteless is it? :roll:
    It's very tasteless. :roll: However civil and polite this thread has been it's like a hungry man being invited to your home for a meal and then him telling the cook the food tastes like crap. There are just some things best left alone.
    Probably the worst post I've made here was nit-picking a feature of one of the forum owners watches - afterwards I thought "what a complete ass I am". And I've posted a lot of crap.
    I have no doubt that a post like this will drive some viewers to to click and view the watch for sale and perhaps result in sales - no such thing as bad advertising perhaps? However, this is boorish, not a mature discussion.
    I don't think it is is tasteless to express views, even negative ones, about Eddie's watches on his board. Either one can discuss watches and watch design frankly, even his, or one does a Doxa, and things become extremely boring.

Going out of one's way to do down his watches in a general way is another thing. That seems impolite.

If I wanted to raise a similar question, I might have handled it a bit differently. Here's how I might have led off.

Thread title: Plain Pilot Type Watches.
    With the introduction and apparent sucess of Eddie's SBIII, I got to thinking about pilot watches. In particular, I was wondering about why so many people find them attractive. When looking at pictures of them, I find them too plain for my tastes. In particular, they are smallish and lack a bezel. Am I alone in this? Will folks who do like them say why?
    Best wishes,
    Bob
    The voice of reason. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav
    :director: For the buffet menu, click here!.......................http://www.timefactors.com/index.html

:shock:
    Thanks. Now I get it.

Sterile dial was never my thing but SBIII feels different, now I am tempted to get a Stowa Airman without logo :)

Quote Originally Posted by tekkno
    I have been wearing my Speedbird III for a few days now and i love the watch. I took off my Glasshutte Senator Navigator to put this on
    Interesting - thanks! I'm looking forward to picking mine up this Christmas... :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tekkno
    sometimes less is more.........
    In my experience it is simple to complicate something and extremely complicated to make something simple.

I have been wearing my Speedbird III for a few days now and i love the watch. I took off my Glasshutte Senator Navigator to put this on and i am now struggling in my comparison of the two. The GO bracelet wins, but i could buy three of the SB III for what the bracelet on the Glasshutte cost!!
    The actual case and crystal of the SB III is what it is though, Pilot tool watch - and beautifully executed.
    For those that want writing, it's on the back of the case :wink:
    Got me an SB3 today and having had a Glashutte Senator and a PanoReserve, I am looking forward to doing a similar comparison to yours! :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav
    :director: For the buffet menu, click here!.......................http://www.timefactors.com/index.html

Thanks. Now I get it.
    Lol! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen
    So how do the people who do not like plain dials feel about the plain dials of many dresswatches?

There are quite a few who just have the brand name on it and nothing more than that....
    That would be nice - just a plain "Precista" in the standard script, maybe even the Speedbird model name or is that considered too flashy and look-at-me? :shock:
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

I think a subtle 'Speedbird III' would have fitted nicely. It's there on the SBII and the SB1903.

Master

or you could do like some (D***) some brands and make maybe 4 different dials with different writing on the dial and call every next batch an very exclusive limited edition....
    I know what you mean - I'm very glad Eddie doesn't offer 'options' like some niche manufacturers do. I feel it cheapens a watch/brand somehow.

I also know what Andrew means when he says he see's a blank dial and thinks 'another Yao', although for some reason I'm not getting that with this watch. There was talk of something like "Speedbird" in gloss black text - Sinnesque - which would have been my next-best preference after the sterile dial we have, but basically I'm one of the ones who loves the dial as it is.

Neil

Paolo

I love the sterile look of the Speedbird dial, especially that of the Speedbird 1, it's just the right balance of form and function. I hope someday that the Speedbird 1 will be reissued so I can get one :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen

You've hit the nail on the head. Over the last few days I've been seeing it the same way ... if the Mk11 was a gold watch, or even a SS with a light coloured dial (i.e. a dressy watch) nobody would give it as second look ... therefore, the primary interest is because of the (military) association rather than 'the look'.

I am surprised people are getting hot and bothered about this thread. We are not criticising the SB III just discussing the plainness of the style and the changing fashions.

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

people who fly airplanes usually have more important things to look out for rather than their watches, like mountains, flock of seagulls, scud missiles and other identified or unidentified flying objects.
    that's why you don't have to put much stuff on a pilot's watch.
    now, in case you do get hit by a missile or crash onto a mountain, that's when the lume of the watch come in hadny so that the rescue team can find the pilots.
    just them, to interrogate them and stuff, but that's another story.
    so, the sb3 does one helluva job at that because it also has big plops of lume on the non cardinal hour markes, unlike some more expensive watches.
    I think that's why it's so popular.

besides, since the first 50 pieces were chronometer grade but with no records to prove it, apart from opening the caseback to look inside but, if one does that that the guarantee becomes void, which is like saying I have a big penis, but only when it enlarges, however it is at rest most of the time when people are watching it.
    trust me.
    that kind of thing.

so, to put it short,
    it's pure and simple marketing.

infact, I believe the watch is just a mith, in reality it does not exist, you can buy it, sure, but, guess what, it's sold out, so you never know.
    like, do you know somebody that has ever won the lottery?

aha!

I didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by bubi
    ...which is like saying I have a big penis, but only when it enlarges, however it is at rest most of the time when people are watching it.

He's Italian. They do things differently. ;)

besides, since the first 50 pieces were chronometer grade but with no records to prove it, apart from opening the caseback to look inside but, if one does that that the guarantee becomes void, which is like saying I have a big penis, but only when it enlarges, however it is at rest most of the time when people are watching it.
    Perhaps this is a difference between being English and Italian, but I find that I'm not really in situations where "people are watching it" all that often.

of course you are not.

I am the one with the unofficial fan club :shock:

Blog Entries

of course you are not.

I am the one with the unofficial fan club :shock:
    I am willing to join your fan club bubi, it will cost you a 20mm black croc strap and not 'croc pattern' either'! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    He's Italian. They do things differently. ;)

lol :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzio
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmerjammer
    The problem is, as I personally find with many things, what you don't like today you grow to like next week.

Eddie
    very true ,when i first got into watches it was only dive watches like marine master, dreadnought i was into, i couldnt see the attraction to explorer style and plain looking da 36/37 and speedbird , even the prs 20 ..ayear or so later i prefer plain :roll: craig
    My experience, too; initially couldn't see the appeal of the PRS20LE, and then - months later - found myself with a desperate lust for one. The Speedbird watches have grown on me, too: they seem somehow grown-up and toolish in a very pure sense. And - broadminded as our host is - perhaps it's a little tasteless to start knocking them here?
    I wasn't 'knocking' the Speedbird III at all - merely commenting that this style of watch just isn't my cup of tea - I don't think that's tasteless is it? :roll:
    It's very tasteless. :roll: However civil and polite this thread has been it's like a hungry man being invited to your home for a meal and then him telling the cook the food tastes like crap. There are just some things best left alone.
    Probably the worst post I've made here was nit-picking a feature of one of the forum owners watches - afterwards I thought "what a complete ass I am". And I've posted a lot of crap.
    I have no doubt that a post like this will drive some viewers to to click and view the watch for sale and perhaps result in sales - no such thing as bad advertising perhaps? However, this is boorish, not a mature discussion.
    You've completely missed my point - and I think your response is ridiculous and ill thought-out. I'm not criticising Eddie, or Timefactors and I made that clear :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by JCJM
    I agree.

It is not tasteless. Lets face it: Eddie is a business man. He has chosen to use internet as his medium to reach the buying masses for his profit and the end consumers delight. TZ-UK has many facets but do not be mistaken - it is, among others things, a vehicle of marketing for Time Factors. That may not be the ultimate reason for this forums existence but it would be naive to think it not being so. The internet, and especially forums such as this, is transparent. That is one of its strengths as a medium. - One can ask directly the end users opinions and formulate his offering according to it. Hence the SBIII is what it is and hence the majority here seem to like it very much. That is to their and Eddies benefit.

If somebody doesnt like it is his right to say so. That person surely finds other watches that better suit his desires. And so it should be. A company which doesn't get constructive criticism is soon an ex-company. You cant just cherry pick the good customer feedback and be content. You also have to deal with the constructive, critical, one as well. That is what makes you grow. That is what makes you aware of your faults and which make you develop. Truth is you cant please everybody. If you try the end result wont satisfy anybody and youll be out of business.

I dont see any problem with someone stating his opinion regarding a watch. Slandering and badmouthing is another thing. I havent seen any of that on this thread. Can we move on please?

Best
    Thanks mate - I was referring to the style, nothing more. I'm sure it's an excellent bit of kit, I just don't like it :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker
    I don't agree, this thread says many great things about Eddie's work. We're just stating that there are some of us out here that don't find the appeal of this style of watch. Thankfully there's enough diversity in Eddie's range to keep us all happy.

I'd say: It's like a hungry man being invited to your home for a meal and then him telling that although he thinks your cooking is excellent he's not a fan of curry and is pleased you offer a buffet.

Chris
    I agree the thread is positive about the watch, the initial post remains tasteless. You've lost me on the buffet though.
    Seriously, how was it tasteless? - or is this the Doxa forum? - do you like every car BMW has ever made? - in every colour? - I was commenting on this style of watch, purely saying the style isn't for me, which is interesting because so many people on the forum clearly really like it, which I find interesting - which is why I posted this in the first place. It';s not 'bad advertising' or bad-mouthing, or boorish or whatever, now get over it :P

...which is like saying I have a big penis, but only when it enlarges, however it is at rest most of the time when people are watching it.

Go to love Bubi's responses. You made my day my friend, now where do I go to join this fan club?

[quote=RobDad]
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmerjammer
    Quote Originally Posted by "swanbourne":l30spbwv
    The problem is, as I personally find with many things, what you don't like today you grow to like next week.

Eddie
    very true ,when i first got into watches it was only dive watches like marine master, dreadnought i was into, i couldnt see the attraction to explorer style and plain looking da 36/37 and speedbird , even the prs 20 ..ayear or so later i prefer plain :roll: craig
    My experience, too; initially couldn't see the appeal of the PRS20LE, and then - months later - found myself with a desperate lust for one. The Speedbird watches have grown on me, too: they seem somehow grown-up and toolish in a very pure sense. And - broadminded as our host is - perhaps it's a little tasteless to start knocking them here?
    You've completely missed my point - and I think your response is ridiculous and ill thought-out. I'm not criticising Eddie, or Timefactors and I made that clear :roll:[/quote:l30spbwv]
    Sorry for missing your point. You posed a question and I answered with my opinion. Although you're not directly knocking the watch, but the style, why knock the style on a forum that sells the style? That was my point. And I didn't think it was that ridiculous since I was not the only only one to think so! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker
    I don't agree, this thread says many great things about Eddie's work. We're just stating that there are some of us out here that don't find the appeal of this style of watch. Thankfully there's enough diversity in Eddie's range to keep us all happy.

I'd say: It's like a hungry man being invited to your home for a meal and then him telling that although he thinks your cooking is excellent he's not a fan of curry and is pleased you offer a buffet.

Chris
    I agree the thread is positive about the watch, the initial post remains tasteless. You've lost me on the buffet though.
    Seriously, how was it tasteless? - or is this the Doxa forum? - do you like every car BMW has ever made? - in every colour? - I was commenting on this style of watch, purely saying the style isn't for me, which is interesting because so many people on the forum clearly really like it, which I find interesting - which is why I posted this in the first place. It';s not 'bad advertising' or bad-mouthing, or boorish or whatever, now get over it :P
    I don't get your analogies as I am not a moderator of a doxaesque forum, nor the CEO of BMW. If I went on a forum run by either and provided 'constructive critiscism' or simple WTF musings, I would expect to get bashed and/or banned. I'm glad you are comfortable enough to post 'I don't like the styling of your new watch and why does everyone else' posts, I found it tasteless. You seem perturbed with my postings and perhaps you can understand that I was with yours, hence my post!
    Just a slightly different thought on the Speedbird which is getting people all excited at the moment -

I seem to be in the minority, and excellent though it looks I really don't 'get' this style of watch at all - I've tried on a couple of similar IWC's, and a mate has a Mark XV and they do nothing for me in terms of the styling.

Eddie now has an excellent stable of different watches, and the Speedbird is flying off the shelves by the sound of it - but this style just leaves me cold.

Anybody else feel the same :)
    When I read this again, it remains asinine.

I find this thread very odd. Sorry. :?

Why is that when someone has anything other than a supremely positive opinion about a Timefactor's watch, he is burnt at the stake? I understand it is the TF forum but... shouldn't the bloke be able to express his opinion? 99% of the opinons on this forum of the TF watches are positive. Can't everyone respect the 1%? Especially when he wrote his opinion professionally and respectfully.

Moving on now....

Master

I'm an American, so you might all expect this from me, but if some subjects of speech as regards the design, style, specifications, etc., of Eddie's watches were not allowed discussed by people like RobDad forthrightly expressing their real and honest opinions, would any of us in each ourselves really trust [the sincerity, veracity, and candor of*] the stated opinions of others [or even of ourselves*] expressed on the subjects that were allowed? I don't think so ---- I sure wouldn't.

I also think Eddie might see it that way. Just consider the possibility that, in concept, here at TZ-UK where true watch enthusiasts congregate, we all at our best might in effect be like a group of watch industry consultants for Eddie and I doubt any real worth would be in it to him or in the long run to us if we didn't each say within the boundaries of reason and respect what we really think. We would also be a terribly inaccurate gauge of the market and the watch designs and specifications resulting would be short of their potential best, I think.

I think Eddie is an extremely smart man and I'm not surprised at the way he administers this pretty much free-for-all Forum nor that he didn't seem to me all that upset by RobDad expressing his thoughts.

And if you don't think Eddie is being a smart man about this, you can also ask yourself, highly adept watch industry consultant that you most certainly must be, why you are not getting a check in the mail from Mr. Platts for your services each month. 8)

[*] = edits. 10/15/08, R.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon
    I'm an American, so you might all expect this from me, but if some subjects of speech as regards the design, style, specifications, etc., of Eddie's watches were not allowed discussed by people like RobDad forthrightly expressing their real and honest opinions, would any of us in each ourselves really trust the stated opinions of others expressed on the subjects that were allowed? I don't think so ---- I sure wouldn't.

I also think Eddie might see it that way. Just consider the possibility that, in concept, here at TZ-UK where true watch enthusiasts congregate, we all at our best might in effect be like a group of watch industry consultants for Eddie and I doubt any real worth would be in it to him or in the long run to us if we didn't each say within the boundaries of reason and respect what we really think. We would also be a terribly inaccurate gauge of the market and the watch designs and specifications resulting would be short of their potential best, I think.

I think Eddie is an extremely smart man and I'm not surprised at the way he administers this pretty much free-for-all Forum nor that he didn't seem to me all that upset by RobDad expressing his thoughts.

And if you don't think Eddie is being a smart man about this, you can also ask yourself, highly adept watch industry consultant that you most certainly must be, why you are not getting a check in the mail from Mr. Platts for your services each month. 8)

LOLOLOLOL! I think Eddie's response to that would be................. ... ... !

An interesting post Rollon, I think the bottom line here (IMHO) is that is it fine to offer critical comment on a watch, as long as it is objective and not downright rude.
    is fine as long as it does not get personal! Eddie will know that the SB3, like any watch, will not appeal to everyone and that scenario is self-solving as those who do not care for it, simply need not buy it! Good constructive comment is great as future development hinges in part on responses to new releases. Eddie has worked damn hard to produce what is in my mind a damn fine watch at a damn fine price and I fully expect my opinion to be 'rubber-stamped' when mine arrives in the next few days!

It wouldn't do for us all to like the same thing and I acknowledge that my watches don't please everyone. I don't mind anyone being critical of my watches as long as they tell me why they don't like them. I do listen to criticism and that's why the watches get better (well, I think they do :wink: ).

It does, however, help if any criticisms are voiced before the bloody things are made. :wink:

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

It does, however, help if any criticisms are voiced before the bloody things are made. :wink:
    :D :D

"I only said blow the bloody doors off..."

Master

:D :D

"I only said blow the bloody doors off..."

Cheerio, lads!

:wink:

[quote=sijoc][quote=RobDad]
    Quote Originally Posted by "jimmerjammer":2r9mi3vc
    Quote Originally Posted by "swanbourne":2r9mi3vc

Eddie
    You've completely missed my point - and I think your response is ridiculous and ill thought-out. I'm not criticising Eddie, or Timefactors and I made that clear :roll:[/quote:2r9mi3vc]
    Sorry for missing your point. You posed a question and I answered with my opinion. Although you're not directly knocking the watch, but the style, why knock the style on a forum that sells the style? That was my point. And I didn't think it was that ridiculous since I was not the only only one to think so! :mrgreen:[/quote:2r9mi3vc]

Having re-read this, maybe there's a communication issue here? - when I put 'Speedbird? - don't get it' as a heading, I meant 'I don't get it' as in 'I don't understand it' - not don't get it as in don't buy it - as a Londoner, that's perfectly clear to me, but maybe not to everyone? - if that's how you read it, that's not what I meant :)

[quote=RobDad][quote=sijoc][quote=RobDad]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Rizzio":1f8u4fvk
    Quote Originally Posted by "jimmerjammer":1f8u4fvk
    Quote Originally Posted by "swanbourne":1f8u4fvk
    Having re-read this, maybe there's a communication issue here? - when I put 'Speedbird? - don't get it' as a heading, I meant 'I don't get it' as in 'I don't understand it' - not don't get it as in don't buy it - as a Londoner, that's perfectly clear to me, but maybe not to everyone? - if that's how you read it, that's not what I meant :)
    [/quote:1f8u4fvk][/quote:1f8u4fvk][/quote:1f8u4fvk]

I read it as 'I don't get it' as in 'I don't understand it' :) but I think you are right, judging from the threads, there is a clear miscommunication here.

I have never been a fan of anything smaller than 40mm and I always liked busy dial but I really like my Speedbird III :thumbright: ! Thanks Eddie and TZ.

Master

It wouldn't do for us all to like the same thing and I acknowledge that my watches don't please everyone. I don't mind anyone being critical of my watches as long as they tell me why they don't like them. I do listen to criticism and that's why the watches get better (well, I think they do :wink: ).

Eddie
    That last thought is an excellent one, Eddie, as after the fact serves no constructive purpose at all. Good point.

O.K. RobDad, save the bullsh-t for the Speedbird 4 and if you talk Eddie into turning it into a stupid dress watch we're all going to come to your house and beat this damn crap right out of you :blackeye: (we also tattoo "SPEEDBIRD" on your forehead so you figure out why we like sterile dials :D )

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon

Eddie
    That last thought is an excellent one, Eddie, as after the fact serves no constructive purpose at all. Good point.

O.K. RobDad, save the bullsh-t for the Speedbird 4 and if you talk Eddie into turning it into a stupid dress watch we're all going to come to your house and beat this damn crap right out of you :blackeye: (we also tattoo "SPEEDBIRD" on your forehead so you figure out why we like sterile dials :D )
    :lol:

[quote=RobDad][quote=sijoc][quote=RobDad]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Rizzio":dqax0pop
    Quote Originally Posted by "jimmerjammer":dqax0pop
    Quote Originally Posted by "swanbourne":dqax0pop

Eddie
    You've completely missed my point - and I think your response is ridiculous and ill thought-out. I'm not criticising Eddie, or Timefactors and I made that clear :roll:[/quote:dqax0pop]
    Sorry for missing your point. You posed a question and I answered with my opinion. Although you're not directly knocking the watch, but the style, why knock the style on a forum that sells the style? That was my point. And I didn't think it was that ridiculous since I was not the only only one to think so! :mrgreen:[/quote:dqax0pop]

Having re-read this, maybe there's a communication issue here? - when I put 'Speedbird? - don't get it' as a heading, I meant 'I don't get it' as in 'I don't understand it' - not don't get it as in don't buy it - as a Londoner, that's perfectly clear to me, but maybe not to everyone? - if that's how you read it, that's not what I meant :)[/quote:dqax0pop]
    Posting is like emailing - the intent and tone is not always shared between the writer and reader. No big deal as far as I'm concerned. Have a jolly nice day.

[quote=sijoc][quote=RobDad][quote=sijoc][quote=RobDad]
    Quote Originally Posted by "RobDad":1xov9jez
    Quote Originally Posted by "Rizzio":1xov9jez
    Quote Originally Posted by "jimmerjammer":1xov9jez
    Quote Originally Posted by "swanbourne":1xov9jez

Eddie
    You've completely missed my point - and I think your response is ridiculous and ill thought-out. I'm not criticising Eddie, or Timefactors and I made that clear :roll:[/quote:1xov9jez]
    Sorry for missing your point. You posed a question and I answered with my opinion. Although you're not directly knocking the watch, but the style, why knock the style on a forum that sells the style? That was my point. And I didn't think it was that ridiculous since I was not the only only one to think so! :mrgreen:[/quote:1xov9jez]

Having re-read this, maybe there's a communication issue here? - when I put 'Speedbird? - don't get it' as a heading, I meant 'I don't get it' as in 'I don't understand it' - not don't get it as in don't buy it - as a Londoner, that's perfectly clear to me, but maybe not to everyone? - if that's how you read it, that's not what I meant :)[/quote:1xov9jez]
    Posting is like emailing - the intent and tone is not always shared between the writer and reader. No big deal as far as I'm concerned. Have a jolly nice day.[/quote:1xov9jez]

Cheers Sijoc, you have a good day too - the last thing I want to do is upset anybody, including Eddie :)