closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko >> Seiko Mark Jr

Gripen

Seiko >> Seiko Mark Jr

Have been thinking of a Mark XI homage/modification for a while. Found a Seiko that isn't a perfect match, but close enough for a first try. So far I have bought watch parts for about £70.

I like it very much with the black 18mm Tropic Nato from Eddie. It has a Seiko 7s26 movement and the size is about 38 mm. It might be a bit to small for me, hence the name Seiko Mark Jr. It's ok though, since my son really wants to wear it... :wink:

/Krister

Grand Master

Re: Seiko >> Seiko Mark Jr

Tjena! Welcome to the forum .. nice first post & nice looking mod ..
    /vince ..

Master

Welcome :)

karl

Craftsman

THat has "I want to be sand Blasted" written all over it ! great looking watch

Good effort.

I had a similar thought to yours. I was trying to find a seiko 5 with curved lugs and crown at 3, but so far i have not been able to. I think the solution is to have a watch with crown at 3 and straight lugs machined to have somewhat curved lugs, but it will still only be an approximation. Or, get an snk809 and live with the crown at 4 as the case is more similar. Not sure if plugging and drilling the the 809 case to have crown at 3 would be possible or worthwhile.

Thomas Reid

It looks fine. No need to make it pretend it is something it isn't when what it is is just fine.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Banned

:) welcome ..nice watch :thumbright:

Really nice work

well done, that's really cool

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

welcome to the forum!

and very nice looking watch you have, hope your son is happy

cheers
    mike :wink:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen
    Have been thinking of a Mark XI homage/modification for a while. Found a Seiko that isn't a perfect match, but close enough for a first try. So far I have bought watch parts for about £70.

I like it very much with the black 18mm Tropic Nato from Eddie. It has a Seiko 7s26 movement and the size is about 38 mm. It might be a bit to small for me, hence the name Seiko Mark Jr. It's ok though, since my son really wants to wear it... :wink:

/Krister

Gripen(Krister),
    Hi and welcome here. I agree also that you have this one just right just as it is (Seiko should sell them so nice) and I wouldn't change a thing either. I also think the Tropic NATO you chose for it goes well with it too.

By the way, may I ask where you sourced the Type '48 dial for this Seiko 5 model? I ask because I can see it is marked for the 7S26 movement these use so was wondering if the dial was intended specifically for this ubiquitous Seiko model or you had to custom adapt the dial to this watch.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon

By the way, may I ask where you sourced the Type '48 dial for this Seiko 5 model? I ask because I can see it is marked for the 7S26 movement these use so was wondering if the dial was intended specifically for this ubiquitous Seiko model or you had to custom adapt the dial to this watch.
    Thanks
    It looks like one of Noah Fuller's dials to me (http://www.10watches.com), made for the 7S26 movement. By the way, the hands on this are beautiful. Are they original to the watch or did you find these elsewhere?
    Thanks
    Martin

Not bead blast but Brushed and then PVD'd

Wow dial looks good with the silver hands .... Gives me some Ideas

Gripen

Sorry, didn't notice the replies...

Thank you all for the fine words.

It's a Seiko 5 SNK385 originally, but modded with Noah's 12 Tri White dial and the 18mm braided Nato Strap from Eddie. The hands are original.

My son just loves it and it doesn't look as new and shiny as in the pictures any more - it's the beater I intended it to be...

Best,

Krister