closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's in a name.

Re: What's in a name.

Mine's from the Muppet Show "Pigs in Space": http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Pigs_in_Space

Because Bristol is where I was born & raised and where I work. When I get round to it, that is :D ...

Regards

David

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcrowley
    Quote Originally Posted by sparmar1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcrowley
    I am Mr Crowley - why?

Don't tell him yet you guys :lol:
    'Cos you're a loon and like heavy metal man :D :D :D

I'll just sign off as this,
    GIT.... :D :lol: :bigsmurf:
    Yes Git you know your place :D

Yes it is down to my preference in music. It's an Ozzy Osbourne song about an occultist - true story.
    Yep Aleister Crowley.

Jimmy Page of LZ actually bought his old house on the shores of Loch Ness.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

If your first name is Brane and your last name is Cop - try that getting pronounced by an English speaking person.
    Since I didn't want thus to become a Cerebral Constable I had to think of something else ... back then in 1996.

Greetings
    Braaahne 8)

Hi,

J. Peasemold Gruntfuttock is a Kenneth Williams character from an old radio comedy series, Round the Horne. I was listening to the series at the time and the name appealed to me when I signed up to TZ-UK. The name itself isn't very unique and there are many other Gruntfuttock's on other forums, non of which are me. The icon I use is a character from the Anime Ghost In The Shell (Batou) for no other reason than I had just bought the DVD at the time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/comedy/progpages/horne.shtml

smudge for smith. 597, last 3 digits of my army number.

kat = my name
    psi = a set of latent abilities which have remained very latent

MarkC - I'm boring too - I see a theme developing here.

Cheers,

Master

Tangaroa is a Polynesian sea God (and proud owner of a colossal knob).

He's pretty ubiquitous in the Cook Islands, as everything from wood carvings to bank notes have his image. I find it hilarious that the coins have the Queen's head on one side and Tangaroa's big bell-end hanging on the other :P

lol above,

Ghosty, as it's my user name in the gaming clan i play in for money, and most of my other internet accounts!!

Always obvious I am.

Frank Wells

Master

Bluetinfloor - an computer generated user name of 5 years ago suggested by the computer when my preferred one was already taken for an account I was setting up - it has stuck with me since.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    seadog comes from me being at sea for 7 months of the year, and 1408 is the number of my safety deposit box in geneva :D

cheers
    mike :wink:
    That is interesting Mike, which bank in Geneva did you say it was? 8)...... :lol:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goraidh
    It's Scots Gaelic for Geoff (Geoffrey)
    And there was me looking for a 'Harry' connection! :lol:

Journeyman

I couldn't think of an interesting username when I setting up my account, so used the obvious.

Robert

My name is Stephen ..... and I AM (usually) LATE (unless I have a decent watch to tell the time by)! :wink: :D

Cheers,

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoCop
    If your first name is Brane and your last name is Cop - try that getting pronounced by an English speaking person.
    Since I didn't want thus to become a Cerebral Constable I had to think of something else ... back then in 1996.

Greetings
    Braaahne 8)
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

mr = my initials (no, not Mister)
    1973 = my birthyear

How creative, eh?
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Master

BROWNERS [Lee Brown]...........its been my nickname since my early days in school,
    and has followed me thru all parts of my life and more than likely will be on me box :lol:

Red Steve.....Bristol City FC season ticket holder since the age of 11, (that's 33 years so far), oh and a massive Ducati fan as well.

Cheers.

Steve.

Master

I tried to create a more imaginative username when I first joined on the forum but I gave up.

Master

Ian is my name 99 is the random number allocated so i could use my name. :roll:

Im so average i should have point of a child :lol:

Master

Seamus was a name I used way back when I played warcraft network games, so it stuck when I registered here.

blue-dread. Blue -because i thought that initially the face of a Dreadnought was blue. Dread from 'dreadnought' .

I've had my eyes tested since joining :roll:

Master
    Blog Entries

In days gone by, i used to collect shotguns of the Shadow brand. I became known as the shadowman as a result :)

Definite Article

About 2 and a half minutes in... it's a name I've been using on various fora for ages....

[from an Eddie Izzard sketch for those who can't be bothered to click]

Craftsman

Pappie, I use this username almost always. When I was living in a hall of residence as a student one of my flatmates commented that I spend a lot of time cooking, and that I'm like a mommy. I corrected her saying that I'm not a mommy but a pappie. This misspelled word actually means 'grandfather' in French (if I'm not mistaken). I just like it.

Craftsman

Was looking for a different username, since my previous was well known among the many music/guitar forums I once frequented, and mild paranoia was setting in about the amount of personally trackable stuff I'd posted over the years (I've been online since about 96, I think). Just happened to have my old Glazbala archtop sitting nearby, so Glazba it was. I'm 99% sure it means "music" in either Croatian or Czech.

Miss the guitar sometimes. The body got crushed by a couch shortly after these pics. I was in the process of repairing a tear in the top. Sad way to go for something that'd been around since the 50's.

Craftsman

Taken from one of my favorite authors, Dashiell Hammett. I'm an "l" short because the two "l" version was taken when I got my first Email addy.

Ted

Master

Alljay -- first three letters of my last name and my first name.

Cheers,

Jay

A quoll is a vicious, smelly, bad-tempered, cat-like nocturnal Australian marsupial that looks quite cute until it opens its mouth.

It just seemed to fit.

Blog Entries

Mines easy - ThatTallChap is my complete online alter ego - born from the fact that i'm 6ft 4", which is apparently quite tall :lol:

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Pappie
    Pappie, I use this username almost always. When I was living in a hall of residence as a student one of my flatmates commented that I spend a lot of time cooking, and that I'm like a mommy. I corrected her saying that I'm not a mommy but a pappie. This misspelled word actually means 'grandfather' in French (if I'm not mistaken). I just like it.
    In exactly this spelling it also means "daddy" in dutch...........

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by quoll
    A quoll is a vicious, smelly, bad-tempered, cat-like nocturnal Australian marsupial that looks quite cute until it opens its mouth.

It just seemed to fit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Craftsman

I used to use to be a bit obsessive about my psion 5mx hand held computer, so I came up with psionite on a Psion forum and the name has stuck for use on forums. A bit geeky I know!

Steve.

Grand Master

Well, I am "Crusader", as my "official" ( :lol: ) Watchuseek biography puts it "Accidentally removed from the 12th century by a time warp in 1960".

I just happen to prefer the 12th century tgo the present, and meaningful and forceful competition between religions and cultures to the present boring "we are all the same" stuff. :P

I try to have the same user name on all fora I write ... not having many or expensive watches, I feel that whoever is desperate enough to rob me probably needs what he can get more than I. :wink: I had a different username when I made my first appearance on MWR, but afetr ebing tarred and feathered by some self-appointed vigilantes (this was a long time ago, mind you), I deliberated a long time before joining TZ-UK, and chose the user name "Crusader".
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Journeyman

Mine is easy, my watch buying is out of control, so I am poor all the time. Who needs to eat when you have shiny watches to look at :D

Cheers,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    I had a different username when I made my first appearance on MWR, but afetr ebing tarred and feathered by some self-appointed vigilantes (this was a long time ago, mind you), I deliberated a long time before joining TZ-UK, and chose the user name "Crusader".
    What was it, Saladin? :P

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by psionite
    I used to use to be a bit obsessive about my psion 5mx hand held computer, so I came up with psionite on a Psion forum and the name has stuck for use on forums. A bit geeky I know!

Steve.
    Are Psion still around? I havent seen one in ages, though they were well placed to capitalise on the whole Blackberry/Super-Phone thing.

Master

My last name Väisänen turned into Väiski, went to university and had to choose a unix username.. vaiski was taken, vaizki was not. Used it everywhere since then and people even call me that at work :D

Quote Originally Posted by glazba
    Are Psion still around? I havent seen one in ages, though they were well placed to capitalise on the whole Blackberry/Super-Phone thing.
    Yea they're around but really suffering. You can find some good histories with Google.. They were one of the cornerstones in forming Symbian which made the software foundation for Nokia, Ericsson, Siemens etc smartphones. Recently Symbian has been snapped up completely by Nokia though.

Another boring one, I'm afraid. :(

My name is Ralph (and yes, I've heard all the jokes, thanks :roll: ) and my Egyptian boat-crews tried to call me 'Mr Ralph' out of some misguided deference; when I tried to get them to address me by my first name it came out as Ralph-y so I used it for my dive-tag and it stuck in the dive world.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

My Car Registration Number

I've used variations on the same password for every computer system i've worked on since Ray McHale signed for Sheffield United 1982 and the Star printed a Rays-a-blade headline. On reflection 26 years must be something of a record.

This one's worth a bump, no, a shameful resurrection from the distant past.

Carlton-Browne was a nickname created by some wag in my local after my return from a trip to some far-flung corner of the globe (can't remember but it was either somewhere sandy or Vietnam) and sort of sits with my status as an international man of mystery. It only stuck in the pub for a couple of months but I've hung onto the sobriquet online ever since.

Now, what's behind your username?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Very uninteresting, mine is an abbreviation of my surname, and used as one of my nicknames since school.

Intended as neither a penchant for confectionary, nor a slightly camp term of endearment, though I can see it reads that way.

Dave

I was trying to find an ebay username and my first 15 attempts failed.
    I looked up from my desk and saw Anita Loos' books "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" and "But Gentlemen Marry Brunettes".
    I quite like hats and in a moment of smug guffawing satisfaction found a user name which was accepted.

If I had looked slightly to the right I would have seen Ecce Homo or Economics of Strategy​ and then my on-line life would have been most different.

Master
    Big Dave was gone so I went with Big D...

snowman - I like skiing and I've used snowman or a variation on many different forums.

M.

My name is Nicholas and I love legendary guitar slinger Link Wray.

If you don't know where my name came from, you don't deserve to call yourself a watch collector!

I look like Elvis

and I am not slim