closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bottom pusher fell off my Daytona!

Bottom pusher fell off my Daytona!

Hi all,

Imagine my surprise when taking my Rolex Daytona out of the watch box last night and watching the bottom chrono pusher just fall to the floor!
    Has this happened to anyone else with a WG Daytona? (I have the 116519LN, 2018 model)

I really look after my watches and wear them quite sparingly, so I'm very shocked.
    I've owned this from new.

My fear is that Rolex St James will insist on servicing the watch whilst fixing this issue.

Any advice much appreciated

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's got to be first world problem thread of the year, but I sympathise.

RSJ were fine when my new watch had hand alignment problems but if out of warranty maybe you could consider going elsewhere?

That'll be £1800 please

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    That'll be £1800 please
    Christ!, is that how much a service for a Daytona is now at Rolex UK??
    I have kept the pusher....

Update: Have booked an appointment at St James for an evaluation.....will update afterwards
    Last edited by Hasan; 9th July 2024 at 16:50.

WTF?! I'd be dismayed and furious if that happend to a £100 Timex!

Definitely try and find a local watchmaker you trust. As well as a full service Rolex will want to replace the crown and both the pushers. I cannot see them doing a repair. New hands and crystal as well just to push the bill up.

Craftsman
    Itís definitely not uncommon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Happened to my Breguet Type XX. Phoned them. "We'll collect it tomorrow, sir." Sure enough, 11am next day, a man in a Breguet top knocked on the front door: "Morning, sir. Come to collect ... ." Having handed it to him and watched him drive away, it occurred to me that I had no receipt and didn't know the man from Adam, other than the jumper he was wearing.

Two days later, a call: "Have examined your watch, sir. Excellent example. Tritium's wonderful. The amplitude's a bit low, though. Would you like it serviced? ... Mind you, that said, it's keeping good time. Anyway, a new pusher will be £110 fitted ... plus RMSD. Is that alright? It'll be with you next week." And it was.
    Last edited by Tinker; 10th July 2024 at 00:51.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Definitely try and find a local watchmaker you trust. As well as a full service Rolex will want to replace the crown and both the pushers. I cannot see them doing a repair. New hands and crystal as well just to push the bill up.
    Good luck in finding a watchmaker who will be able to supply the parts !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Happened to my Breguet Type XX. Phoned them. "We'll collect it tomorrow, sir." Sure enough, 11am next day, a man in a Breguet top knocked on the front door: "Morning, sir. Come to collect ... ." Having handed it to him and watched him drive away, it occurred to me that I had no receipt and didn't know the man from Adam, other than the jumper he was wearing.

Two days later, a call: "Have examined your watch, sir. Excellent example. Tritium's wonderful. The amplitude's a bit low, though. Would you like it serviced? ... Mind you, that said, it's keeping good time. Anyway, a new pusher will be £110 fitted ... plus RMSD. Is that alright? It'll be with you next week." And it was.
    Now that is service. I would have had the same minor panic after realizing the watch could have been scammed away tooÖ. But all good and tremendous personal service.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Seriously? What a very strange comment, given that this is a watch forum.

The crown came out of my Hublot once on the train to London so took it into the Boutique given I was in London anyway.

They took it away, said it would also need a service and new rear crystal and was out of warranty- they would however do it all free of charge as this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

That was back in the JCB days of Hublot but it does show how to look after customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    Good luck in finding a watchmaker who will be able to supply the parts !
    He has the parts, itís a repair he is after not replacement. Try reading the full thread.

Master
    I had a pusher drop of a w@tch recently. They just screw on some makes so an easy repair, if you haven’t lost the wee spring that sits inside the pusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Christ!, is that how much a service for a Daytona is now at Rolex UK??
    I have kept the pusher....

Update: Have booked an appointment at St James for an evaluation.....will update afterwards
    Friend just got his Daytona back from service, new pushers/crown/glass for £1100.

Had Daytona serviced picked up yesterday £800 for service , new fancy service card and pouch .
    Took less than 4 weeks .

Iím really tired and read that as Ďfell over and pushed a Daytona out of my bottomí - clearly I need sleep. I hope the OP gets it sorted

[QUOTE=pete-r;6420986]That's got to be first world problem thread of the year, but I sympathise.

My initial thoughts on reading your comment, was thats ironic coming from you, having generated a thread called Just had "the call"

What happened?

Did you forget to update the thread or didn't it transpire.

To the OP, I sympathise, but it can be sorted.
    Have it serviced, at a cost, the issue will be fixed and the watch will be good as new, plus carries on for another length of time and you have the additional reassurance of a warranty.
    Last edited by Topcat30093; 11th July 2024 at 09:08. Reason: corrected spelling

[QUOTE=Topcat30093;6421735]
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post

My initial thoughts on reading your comment, was thats ironic coming from you, having generated a thread called Just had "the call"

What happened?

Did you forget to update the thread or didn't it transpire.

To the OP, I sympathise, but it can be sorted.
    Have it serviced, at a cost, the issue will be fixed and the watch will be good as new, plus carries on for another length of time and you have the additional reassurance of a warranty.
    I have an appointment at Rolex at lunchtime, so will update.
    I am probably going to request it is serviced as well given it is 6 years old now and the clasp does need a polish.
    If it's around 800 as quoted above then so be it.
    I hope that they don't insist on charging for a new pusher and use the one that fell out (Which I still have)
    Let's see!

Craftsman
    He has the parts, itís a repair he is after not replacement. Try reading the full thread.
    he very well might have the parts but they fell off the watch for a reason. Chances are something has broken, thats whay i made the comment I did . Try thinking about the issue before you become antagonistic

he very well might have the parts but they fell off the watch for a reason. Chances are something has broken, thats whay i made the comment I did . Try thinking about the issue before you become antagonistic
    He has already said he is going into Rolex to get it fixed yappy dog.

Craftsman
    He has already said he is going into Rolex to get it fixed yappy dog.
    My first comment was to someone suggesting a local watchmaker . There are hardly any Independent Watchmakers in UK that can get Daytona parts . Thats why I made the point I did . What is Your point exactly ?

Visited St James HQ just now and dropped off the watch for an assessment.

To my surprise, the friendly technician said that my watch is still under warranty as I purchased it in 2019.
    He said this will help my cause!

Let's see what they say tomorrow.

To Tamaitch's comment above about falling off for a reason, I did a quick search on the Rolex forum and was shocked to see that there were many cases similar to mine from owners of precious metal Daytonas. It was an eye opener.
    I've never bumped or dropped the watch.....I've only ever operated the pusher buttons 2 times to check they work :-)
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow anyway.
    Last edited by Hasan; 11th July 2024 at 14:30.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Seriously? What a very strange comment, given that this is a watch forum.
    Perhaps he's one of those people who keep posting pictures of Apple Watches

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Visited St James HQ just now and dropped off the watch for an assessment.

To my surprise, the friendly technician said that my watch is still under warranty as I purchased it in 2019.
    He said this will help my cause!

Let's see what they say tomorrow.
    I wish you luck, from what I've seen on other threads, I suspect they'll find some reason to do something outside of warranty...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Best of luck Hasan. Had the same with a Speedmaster and it was a service or nothing.

Donít understand the local watchmaker comments on a precious metal Rolex. Rolex accredited or Rolex themselves only.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Donít understand the local watchmaker comments on a precious metal Rolex. Rolex accredited or Rolex themselves only.
    He has the pusher, it just needs to be put back in which an independent can do.
    No parts required unless the internal spring was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Your knowledge is way above mine but I wouldnít chance it myself

Century watch repair might be the exception but by the time I get there I could have been to St James and back

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    The Pusher is locked in place by a threaded screw , they can break .

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The Pusher is locked in place by a threaded screw , they can break .
    I know.
    It's more likely that it's become unscrewed though, particularly if the pushers have been cranked in the same way that people do to the crown.

Rolex responded today to say that the pusher screw will be replaced free of charge under warranty.
    It will be ready in 10 days.

A perfect resolution all round!

Grand Master
    Glad this got sorted without any drama, it shouldn't happen. The securing screw should have a tiny spot of loctite applied to prevent it coming loose.......maybe the Swiss Elf who assembled it forgot?