closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone wear a Garmin Epix pro 2, but in 42mm?

Master

Anyone wear a Garmin Epix pro 2, but in 42mm?

I'm looking at getting something to replace my Garmin venu sq2 (been worn almost everyday for the last 3+ years).
    The Epix pro gen 2 has caught my eye and I've noticed they do it in a 42mm now? I think the 47mm is too much for me as a daily wear with work etc...

I'm guessing its aimed at the more slender wrist/female end of the market which doesn't bother me as the all black one looks pretty good.

I'm just wondering if the 42mm will be compromised in functionality/ease of use/screen use etc in the smaller size?? As well as being a daily I will also use it for the odd run and mtb ride (but mostly have a garmin head unit for that).

Maybe not the best forum for discussing Garmin wrist watches but hoping some may wear one as a daily on here.

Cheers.

I had the fenix 7 in 42. Itís the best size for everyone and no loss of functionality. 47+ is in my view absurd & uncomfortable - genuinely canít understand how anyone puts up with it ;)

I agree, Iíve been into a 5s+ for many years, love it. It refuses to die (hurrah) but when it does Iíll be into 42mm again.

Master
    Ace, thanks for the replies.
    Think I'll have to give one a go.

Master
    Fwiw I have the epix pro gen 2 in 47mm and itís absolutely fine to wear daily - and I have pretty skinny wrists. I probably wouldnít wear any other watches this big though, but it seems to work with the Garmin. I appreciate the larger screen when Iím using it for what theyíre designed for too.

Craftsman
    I have a ladies wrist and wear the 47mm 5plus with the very comfy open Ti bracelet.
    IMO the mapping is easier for my old eyes - yet the second watch worn is a 36mm Navigator.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    I had the fenix 7 in 42. Itís the best size for everyone and no loss of functionality. 47+ is in my view absurd & uncomfortable - genuinely canít understand how anyone puts up with it ;)
    Oh dear, should have known better, I've been putting up with the 51mm X.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Oh dear, should have known better, I've been putting up with the 51mm X.
    Sorry, just my personal preference and I didnít mean to sound as dogmatic as all that! Iím sure the additional screen real estate is nice for maps and stuff if you find the 51 doable 👍

Craftsman
    I have had a Fenix 5 and 7 as 42mm versions. IMO that is the best size for daily wear and also works very well for the sport use. However, my next one will be probably 47 mm as Iím back to using mainly mechanical watches and using Garmin only for sports. I have been lately using maps / navigation more while running and for that 47 mm works better.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a 42mm 7S. Wears fine. Itís my biggest watch and I wouldnít want to go any bigger.

Iíve got a 51mm Fenix 6x pro and I donít find it too big.

I like the extra size for the maps and the much better battery life which is important for multi day hikes or ultra events.

I only wear it for activities or occasionally on holiday