timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Precista watches: Past and current models

Re: Precista watches: Past and current models

Nice post

Craftsman

Note: 9 PRS-14 watches were made with PVD cases.
    Where are they?
    Search brings up that:
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30804
    but the pics in the link are no longer availabele. :cry:

This is always with great & real gusto that I come to this very thread. I can read and re-read it time and again, and every time I have the feeling it is the first one when I am here, wow. Same about the thread PRS Virtual Museum MKII.
    Or, to be more specific, I feel as if I am again the Museum of Natural History, where we used to go when were kids, to look at the dinosaurs - there were days Mom has to come to take me back home, really!

Thank you, guys!

Awesome watches I saw at Time Factors website! I already began searching PRS 10 and 17 A and 17 Q.

Thanks a lot for the informative thread and posts.

Capt. Serdal

Wow, they all look fantastic, ESP the Dreadnought.

Great post thanks for taking the time to post.

benwoodroffe

This is the best value chronograph you can buy, if you can find one!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by benwoodroffe View Post

Indeed...One of my favourites and gets regular outings...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by benwoodroffe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Watchfreek View Post
    Indeed...One of my favourites and gets regular outings...

These are very tidy. Shame they are unavailable :(

Falling in love with the Precista, very interesting

Apprentice

PRS 11

Great thread but desperately needs a photo of the PRS 11 IMHO

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Klarhmt View Post
    Great thread but desperately needs a photo of the PRS 11 IMHO
    Anyone got one? Preferably the black face which is so close to the CWC SBS. Bring it back, all is forgiven

Banned
    Wearing my PRS7 - the first of eddie's watches in my collection of two. Still love it and 11 years on it runs wonderfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's this? The Dreadnought version....

Quote Originally Posted by Klarhmt View Post
    Anyone got one? Preferably the black face which is so close to the CWC SBS. Bring it back, all is forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonben72 View Post
    Wearing my PRS7 - the first of eddie's watches in my collection of two. Still love it and 11 years on it runs wonderfully.

I know it's due to the Speedbird position but it looks upside down at a glance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by glickman View Post
    How's this? The Dreadnought version....

Love it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I know it's due to the Speedbird position but it looks upside down at a glance.
    Yes it's unusual placing on the dial.

Apprentice
    An old Sticky and needs updating but have to say the PRS-1 Speedbird is still my favorite out of all the TF watches.

Apprentice

PRS-22 GMT

I'm trying to learn more about the Speedbirds and I'm drawn to the GMT versions - can anyone let me know how many were made of each one?

Many thanks
    V

Sure wish those page 1 pics could be redone. Can the poster fix them or move to imgur maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by parsig9 View Post
    Sure wish those page 1 pics could be redone. Can the poster fix them or move to imgur maybe?
    The OP hasn't posted on the forum for about 18 months, I think

Journeyman
    the dreadnaught started my love affair with micro brand watches. one day i'll get one!

Unfortunate that the photos are no longer here in the OP post. but the wayback archive here https://web.archive.org/web/20130924...current-models has the photos. Will try to either download them or copy them into a pdf.
    Last edited by koimaster; 9th February 2018 at 00:13.

This is a repost with the photos of the original post. Photos in that post are gone so I went back to the wayback archive to rebuild this.

Precista watches: Past and current models
    info and photos from Timefactors website, partially based on post "PRS Virtual Museum", from Ron Jr

PRS-1 Speedbird

# produced: 300
    Case: Stainless steel case with a screw down back and crown. Finish is fine brush.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 37.5 mm, 11.6 mm thick and 48.5 mm lug tip to lug tip. Lug spacing is 18 mm.
    Movement: ETA 2836-2, 25 jewel automatic
    W/R: 100 meters
    Crystal: Bombé sapphire

PRS-2 Dreadnought

# produced: 200
    Case: 316L stainless steel with screw back and decoupling screw down crown. Finish is bead blasted. Unidirectional 60 clicks bezel.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 44 mm, 15.6 mm thick and 54 mm lug tip to lug tip. Lug spacing is 22 mm.
    Weight: Watch & bracelet = 265 grammes, the watch head is approximately 140 grammes
    Movement: ETA 2824-2T (Top) with decoration and chronometer rated to DIN standard
    W/R: 500 meters
    Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the underside
    Antimag: Anti-magnetic to 30,000 A/m

PRS-3 Broadarrow

# Produced: 150 in each dial color.
    Case: Stainless steel case with screw back and screw down crown. Finish is mixed brushed and polished. Unidirectional bezel with 60 clicks.
    An optional bracelet was available.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 39 mm across the bezel, 45 mm across the case to the tip of the protected crown, 47 mm lug tip to tip and 11.45 mm thick.
    Lug spacing is 20 mm.
    Movement: Ronda 715Li lithium powered with 10 year battery life, 5 jewel with gilt movement
    W/R: 300 meters
    Crystal: Sapphire
    Dial: Available in Black or Orange.

PRS-3 (2nd version)

Case: 316L stainless steel case with screw back and screw down crown. Finish is brushed on top and polished sides. Bezel with 60 clicks.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 42 mm, 46 mm across including crown, 49.6 mm lug tip to tip and 12.45 mm thick.
    Lug spacing is 22 mm.
    Fitted with stainless steel solid link bracelet with custom solid end pieces, screwed adjustment links and with safety fliplock clasp with divers' extension.
    Weight: 205 grammes on steel bracelet, 125 grammes on PU strap
    Movement: ETA 2824-2 standard running at 28,800 BPH
    Crystal: Sapphire with anti-reflective coating on the underside
    Dial: Black
    Antimag: Anti-magnetic to 4800 A/m

PRS-4 Broadarrow

# Produced: 150 in each dial color.
    Case: Stainless steel case with screw back and screw down crown. Finish is PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition). Unidirectional bezel with 60 clicks.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 39 mm across the bezel, 45 mm across the case to the tip of the protected crown, 47 mm lug tip to tip and 11.45 mm thick.
    Lug spacing is 20 mm.
    Movement: Ronda 715Li lithium powered with 10 year battery life, 5 jewel with gilt movement
    Crystal: Sapphire

PRS-5 Broadarrow

Case: Stainless steel assymetrical case with a screw back. Finish is bead blasted.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 41 mm to the tip of the crown, 45.5 mm lug tip to lug tip and 14.2 mm thick. Lug spacing is 19 mm.
    Movement: Poljot 3133 calibre, 23 jewel hand winding
    W/R: 50 meters
    Crystal: acrylic

photo from Chronomaster website, courtesy of glazba

PRS-5 (2nd version)

Case: 316L stainless steel, bead-blasted, screw back, drilled lugs.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 41mm across including crown, 45.5 lug to lug height, 37mm top to bottom, 14.75mm to the top of domed crystal. Lug spacing is 20mm.
    Movement: Seagull ST-19 column wheel hand-wind chronograph
    Crystal: Hi-dome acrylic

PRS-6 Broadarrow

Case: Brushed stainless steel case with polished screw back. Black dial with tritium hour markers and hands, sub-seconds.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 36 mm diameter, 46.25 mm lug tip to tip and 10.8 mm thick. Lug spacing (fixed bars) is 18 mm
    Movement: FHF 1380 11 calibre, 17 jewel hand winding
    W/R: 30 meters
    Crystal: Acrylic

PRS-7 Speedbird 2

# Produced: 300 total for both dial colors
    Case: Stainless steel case with screw down back and crown. Finish is fine brush.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 37.5 mm, 11.6 mm thick and 48.5 mm lug tip to lug tip. Lug spacing is 18 mm.
    Movement: ETA 2836-2, 25 jewel automatic
    Crystal: Bombé sapphire
    Dial: Black or Ivory.

A limited number (38) were available plated in gold, commonly known as "Goldbird".

PRS-10 Broadarrow

# produced: aprox 290
    Case: Bead blasted steel case with pressure fit back
    Dimensions: Diameter = 36mm diameter, 42mm lug tip to lug tip and 9.8mm thick. Lug spacing is 18mm bars are fixed.
    Movement: ISA 1198/103 calibre with quickset date, 2 jewel quartz

PRS-10 (2nd version)

Case: 316L stainless steel, bead-blasted, drilled lugs, crown is screw-down and caseback is screw back.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 38.6mm across including crown, 37mm top to bottom, 42.4mm lug to lug, 11.25mm to the top of domed crystal. Lug spacing is 20mm.
    Movement: Ronda 715 Li with 10-year battery life.
    W/R: 100 meters.
    Crystal: Hi-dome acrylic

PRS-11 Broadarrow

Case: Stainless steel case with screw back and screw down crown. Finish is PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition). Unidirectional bezel with 120 clicks.
    Lug spacing is 20 mm.
    Movement: ETA 2824-2, 25 jewel automatic
    Crystal: Flat sapphire with anti-relective coating on the underside.

A limited run (aprox. 25) were manufactured with the DN style hands.

PRS-12 Speedbird 1903

# Produced: 100
    Case: Stainless steel case with screw back and screw down crown. Finish is brushed.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 38mm, 49mm lug tip to lug tip and 14.3mm thick. Lug spacing is 20mm.
    Movement: Valjoux 7750 calibre, 25 jewel automatic chronograph
    Crystal: domed sapphire

PRS-14

Case: Stainless steel case with screw back and decoupling screw down crown. Finish brushed steel sides, polished top and back. Unidirectional bezel with luminous numbers in the bezel insert sealed with hardened acrylic.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 40mm across the bezel and 46.6mm to the tip of the signed crown. 47mm lug tip to lug tip and 14.3mm thick. Lug spacing is 20mm.
    Movement: ETA 2824-2, 25 jewel automatic
    Antimag: Anti-magnetic to 80,000 A/m

Note: 9 PRS-14 watches were made with PVD cases.

PRS-15 Ladybird
    # produced: 50
    Case: Stainless steel case with screw view back and screw down crown. Finish is brushed.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 29mm, 36.5mm lug tip to lug tip and 12.5mm thick. Lug spacing is 14mm.
    Movement: ETA 2671, 25 jewel automatic
    Crystal: domed sapphire

PRS-17A / PRS-17Q / PRS-17C

# produced: A - 100 / Q - 100 / C - 150 / C 24h - 50
    Case: 316L stainless steel with screw back and screw down crown. Finish brushed and polished. Unidirectional bezel 120 clicks.
    12 hour bezel to enable displaying the time in a second time zone is optional.
    Dimensions:
    A / Q-Diameter = 37.3mm, 43mm across including crown 44.5mm lug tip to lug tip and 10.9mm thick. Lug spacing 20mm.
    C-Diameter = 37.3mm, 43mm across including crown 44.5mm lug tip to lug tip and 12.5mm thick. Lug spacing 20mm.
    Movement: A - ETA 2824-2, 25 jewel automatic
    Q - Ronda 715Li quartz, 5 jewels with 10 year battery life
    C - ETA 251.262 calibre, 27 jewel quartz chronograph, 30 month batery life.
    W/R: A - 200 meters / Q - 200 meters / C - 100 meters
    Antimag: Anti-magnetic to 4,800 A/m

PRS-18A / PRS-18Q

Case: 316L stainless steel with screw back and screw down crown. Finish is blasted. Unidirectional bezel 120 clicks.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 39mm, 43.5mm across including crown. 47.5mm lug tip to lug tip and 12.5mm thick. Lug spacing 20mm.
    Movement: A - ETA 25 jewel automatic, calibre 2824-2
    Q - Ronda 715Li quartz, 5 jewels with 10 year battery life
    W/R: 200 meters

PRS-20

# produced: 100 in LE
    Case: 316L stainless steel with screw down sapphire glass back (LE) or solid steel screw back instead of the sapphire glass back (non-LE), screw down crown, polished.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 44mm, 48.5mm across including crown, 50mm lug tip to lug tip and 11.2mm thick. Lug spacing 24mm.
    Movement:
    Limited - ETA/Unitas 6498-1 17 jewel hand winding, modified by Soprod with screwed balance and blued steel swan-neck regulator, decorated with Geneva Stripes, perlage and blued screws, Glucydur balance, Anachron hairspring and chronometer grade (soigné), adjusted in 3 positions.
    Non-LE - ETA/Unitas 6498-1 standard movement
    Crystal: Domed sapphire with anti-reflective coating on the underside

PRS-22 - Speedbird III

Case: 316L stainless steel, screw back, crown tube screwed into case and stainless steel bracelet. Finish is brushed.
    Dimensions: Diameter=39mm, 42.6mm including crown, 46mm lug to lug height and 11.9mm to the top of crystal. Lug spacing 20mm.
    Movement: ETA2824-2, 25 jewel automatic standard version (Note: 1st 50 produced - ETA 2824-2, 25 jewel automatic with Nivarox hairspring and Glucydur balance, adjusted in 4 positions).
    W/R: 100 meters; also negative pressure-tested to 0.4 ATM
    Crystal: Domed sapphire with anti-reflective on underside
    Anti-mag: Anti-magnetic to 80,000 A/m

PRS-50

# produced: 50 in LE
    Case: 316L stainless steel with screw back and screw down crown. Finish is polished. Unidirectional 60 clicks bezel, domed acrylic.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 42 mm, 15.3 mm thick and 50.7 mm lug tip to lug tip. Lug spacing is 22 mm.
    Movement:
    Limited - NOS AS 2063, 17 jewel automatic movement
    Non-LE - ETA 2824-2, standard version
    Crystal: Flat sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the underside 4.13 mm thick

PRS-50-B

Case: 316L stainless steel with screw back and screw down crown. Finish is polished. Unidirectional 60 clicks bezel, flat acrylic.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 42 mm, 16.7 mm thick and 50 mm lug tip to lug tip. Lug spacing is 22 mm.
    Movement: NOS AS 2063, 17 jewel automatic movement
    Crystal: Domed acrylic crystal

PRS-53 Fat Arrow

# produced: 300
    Case: stainless steel case with a polished screw back and fixed bars. Finish is polished.
    Dimensions: Diameter = 37mm, 41mm across including crown 48mm lug tip to lug tip and 12.75mm thick Lug spacing 18mm.
    Movement:
    Handwind - ETA 2801-2, 17 jewels with hack seconds modification
    Automatic - ETA 2824, 25 jewels

Last edited by koimaster; 9th February 2018 at 17:40.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well done and thank you very informative.

IIRC, didn’t Eddie mention that due to its slow sales, only about 50 cream Speedbird 2s sold. The rest bring redialled with the black dial.

IIRC, didn’t Eddie mention that due to its slow sales, only about 50 cream Speedbird 2s sold. The rest bring redialled with the black dial.
    I believe you are correct. I will say thank you to the wayback machine for saving this topic in their files. It was the only way I could download the photos to rebuild the original post made in the thread. It was far too informative to have lost due to photobucket.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20130924...current-models

Different NSN markings on PRS-18Q

Hello hoping someone could help with an explanation of why the engraving of the NSN number on my watch back is different to others i have seen?
    I am assuming that the lower set of numbers 0690101 indicate it as being an 2006 dated watch and as the NSN was gained in 2007 belatedly added by hand engraving?

Thanks.
    Attachment 13401

Quote Originally Posted by brummie64 View Post
    Hello hoping someone could help with an explanation of why the engraving of the NSN number on my watch back is different to others i have seen?
    I am assuming that the lower set of numbers 0690101 indicate it as being an 2006 dated watch and as the NSN was gained in 2007 belatedly added by hand engraving?

Thanks.
    Attachment 13401
    Correct, the NSN wasn't granted until I had already taken delivery of the watches so I took the unsold watches to an engraver for it to be added post-production.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Correct, the NSN wasn't granted until I had already taken delivery of the watches so I took the unsold watches to an engraver for it to be added post-production.

Eddie
    Thanks for that. Ordered new version this morning. Cheers

Is there any way of amending the original post with photos, the original links are broken? t

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    Is there any way of amending the original post with photos, the original links are broken? t
    Well the next best thing is the sterling work done to re-add the images in post #74.
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4660826

Quote Originally Posted by koimaster View Post
    This is a repost with the photos of the original post. Photos in that post are gone so I went back to the wayback archive to rebuild this.
    Massive thank you koimaster! Awesome work re-generating the original post with images. Appreciate your hard work.

Is it possible to find out where the current Precistas are made, such as the PRS82? I realise the dial says 'Great Britain' but I'm not sure if this is a hark back to the originals or actually where the cases, dials, hands etc. (obviously not the movements though) are made?

Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    Massive thank you koimaster! Awesome work re-generating the original post with images. Appreciate your hard work.

Seconded
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Apprentice
    Now that's interesting.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by 500DXB View Post
    Now that's interesting.
    +1 on that...a rare (Speed) bird indeed then.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 500DXB View Post
    Now that's interesting.
    My life-long friend has one of those cream dial Speedbird IIs. He's worn it for years as his everyday work watch.

Blog Entries
    How many of prs-18a with ETA 2824 was produced?

Quote Originally Posted by igorRIJEKA View Post
    How many of prs-18a with ETA 2824 was produced?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman

Gorgeous watch

Quote Originally Posted by D_redd View Post
    These are very tidy. Shame they are unavailable :(
    Very nice indeed.

Apprentice
    This arrived today super stoked :)

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Master
    How many PRS 6 were produced please Eddie?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    So 200 with the 2824, how many with the Miyota please.

Apprentice
    This one gets more of a run out now I've trimmed my collection down somewhat

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by snap399 View Post
    This one gets more of a run out now I've trimmed my collection down somewhat

Sorry the picture didn't work the first time. Here is the watch a PRS-11