timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chase bank 5.1% interest

Chase bank 5.1% interest

Just a quick heads up really
    Chase bank are offering a really good
    5.1% interest on savings accounts . Its usually 4.1
    Till 2025 I believe easy to do if you use the chase app

Bloody annoying if you already have an account with them, effectively encouraging you to go elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Bloody annoying if you already have an account with them, effectively encouraging you to go elsewhere
    No itís really easy tbh Adrian
    It took me 1 minute to do it on the chase banking app

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    No itís really easy tbh Adrian
    It took me 1 minute to do it on the chase banking app
    I don't think you understood what I wrote

Master
    This is Not available to everyone - Iím sure you must have a savings account with them with under £500 in

Alternatively Trading 212 are offering 5.2% on cash ISAs and uninvested money in their trading accounts (including stocks and shares ISA). I think there's a pause on transfers in at the minute but you can still open.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    This is Not available to everyone - Iím sure you must have a savings account with them with under £500 in
    Iím with Chase and they offered me the ĎBoostedí 5.1% rate and I have more than £500 in a savings account. However, it seem it is only for one savings account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's under £50k and for six months, then it goes back to the normal 4.1%

I have a savings account with them. I wasn't offerered the extra 1% on this account, but i was if I opened a new one. So I opened a new account, tranferred the saving across, and closed the old account (you don't need to close it as you can have up to 10 open). Did this for Mrs K also. It took less than five minutes to do both.

Once you've closed an account it will tot up your outstanding interest and ask you where you want it credited to.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Iíd check that as I was eligible - it is a small compensation for losing the 1% credit account interest

Very easy to do, would be silly not to. Maybe you will be in the next tranch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Iíd check that as I was eligible - it is a small compensation for losing the 1% credit account interest

Very easy to do, would be silly not to. Maybe you will be in the next tranch.
    I did check and Iíve opened a 2nd savings account but I believe as i exceed their limit itís not available to me

b) you had one or more Chase saver account(s) but the balance across all of those Chase saver accounts was below £50,000.

chase is my daily carry card, i pop the min 1500 across every month to get the 1% cashback

opened the temp 5.1 new account and transferred what i had across.

5.1 is better than 4.1 but obviously my serious banking is done else where - lots of other better ways to earn decent interest.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddes View Post
    chase is my daily carry card, i pop the min 1500 across every month to get the 1% cashback

5.1 is better than 4.1 but obviously my serious banking is done else where - lots of other better ways to earn decent interest.
    Go on?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Go on?
    what ? oh, you mean for free

I think Iím going to do this. My current account banking is done with Nationwide and was previously putting all my spending through Amex to get points but over the years Amex has got worse and Iím
    not sure I make my card fee back these days. Think Iíll be cancelling my Amex and transferring over my monthly spending money to Chase to get the cashback rate.

Master
    £5 in the fundraiser?

Go on, give us a clue.

Master
    Chase changed their policy and now cap the cash back amount. Itís not as advantageous as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Chase changed their policy and now cap the cash back amount. Itís not as advantageous as it used to be.
    Max £15 cashback a monthÖrules out earning lots of cashback on the occasional larger purchase but I doubt my normal debit card spending exceeds £1500pm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Max £15 cashback a monthÖrules out earning lots of cashback on the occasional larger purchase but I doubt my normal debit card spending exceeds £1500pm.
    Yep. I opened the account on the original terms and did well out of it, but no longer compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Yep. I opened the account on the original terms and did well out of it, but no longer compelling.
    Was a good way to put money into Vanguard for pension/ISA. Good while it lasted.

Ok, a better performing risk free instant access savings account

Ulster bank loyalty saver might be worth a look. 5.2% for those who it suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Alternatively Trading 212 are offering 5.2% on cash ISAs and uninvested money in their trading accounts (including stocks and shares ISA). I think there's a pause on transfers in at the minute but you can still open.
    I opened one of these last night. Great to note that it's flexible so you can take money out and replace it without contributing double to your ISA allowance. Hopefully I'll be able to transfer in my 23/24 cash ISA when it matures in August.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I think Iím going to do this. My current account banking is done with Nationwide and was previously putting all my spending through Amex to get points but over the years Amex has got worse and Iím
    not sure I make my card fee back these days. Think Iíll be cancelling my Amex and transferring over my monthly spending money to Chase to get the cashback rate.
    I do most of my banking with Lloyds but have a Chase current and saver account. As above, I got this offer a couple of days ago and simply opened a new saver, shifted my savings across from the old to the new one and closed the old one.

I have a fee free Amex which I collect points on (mostly to convert to Avios) but for anywhere that doesn't accept it (which is about a third of websites/shops it seems) I used the Chase card for the 1% cash back up to £15. Rarely make the whole £15 per month but I do some months.

I generally get more than 1p per Avios in value so it works better that way for me but for others, keeping all the spending on the Chase card may be better.

They are stopping 1% interest on their current accounts which I guess is partially why the saver rate changed but as I don't keep a high balance in that account, it makes little difference to me.

Journeyman
    I got the offer as well. I had about 10K in a deposit with them and I just had to move the money in the new one.

Master
    Iím getting a tad miffed with this! Iíve had the best part of a house deposit with them waiting for completion next month. That extra 1.1 percent could pay for the bbq !