closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Something odd with the hour hand on my Aqua Terra

Something odd with the hour hand on my Aqua Terra

Iíve owned this watch for three and a half years and never noticed this beforeÖthe end of the hour hand at certain angles reflects in a way that I can only describe as a ďsparkleĒ
    Two factorsÖ

I havenít worn it for a while so I had to wind round a few times to set the date yesterday

It had to go to omega a while ago because the hour hand wasnít hitting the batons accurately

So Iím wondering if it is somehow misaligned and is rubbing against the other hand? I honestly canít remember ever seeing this before. Iím going to get it under a microscope at lunchtime but for now here are some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Please explain? Sparkle is typically an optical (reflective) effect from light hitting a sharp angle (like your first image). Canít see anything wrong or needing attention.
    ď Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.Ē HHGTTG

To set the date on the AT you have to use the jumping hour hand and keep winding till you get the date right. On this occasion it was ten 24 hour rotations and I immediately noticed the end of the hour hand was reflecting off my bedside light, never seen it before and Iíve owned it a long time now. Iím not usually fussed about date so I rarely bother, itís just a faff. Given the well known issues with hour hand alignment on this watch I wondered if there was friction between the two hands. I can take into the dealer tomorrow and look at a few of theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk