closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very dark brown pee!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Thanks for the concern guys, the pain in the lower left comes and goes.
    Loosing close people to me has made me paranoid.
    I can imagine Jimp, same here with the dreaded 'C' when I started to see blood in my poo I thought exactly the same due to family issues but fuck me, haemorrhoids can hurt as well

Take care and I hope it's minor.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Blog Entries
    Results of pee test came back, nothing definitive, but getting sent for a scan, the doctor believes it's kidney stones but not sure.
    I did ask the question of the big c, she said nothing in the test to show that.
    Still in a lot of pain, lower left which moves to the front as well.
    I appreciate the kind words, I know I can be a nob at times!

Results of pee test came back, nothing definitive, but getting sent for a scan, the doctor believes it's kidney stones but not sure.
    Once you get the CT scan they will see any kidney stones and then can get on with sorting it.

No sign of C - good thing. Try not to worry.

I had one - 2mm. Doc said nothing to worry about it will come out naturally and it did.

All the best.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Glad it's sortable and will resolve reasonably quickly.

Given the amount of blood in your urine, were there any dodgy cells in your urinary tract they too would have shown-up very readily, so you can be pretty sure no big-C is involved: all the symptoms point to kidney bricks.

Hopefully all you'll have to 'endure' is a spell in whatever they use nowadays as a lithotripter, which will break your gravel down to silt-sized particles, which process is painless and requires no surgery.

Once you're better, it'll be a good time to review your diet etc.

GWS

My useless GP (now retired) once advised me ref urinary discomfort / difficulty ,"Not likely to be kidney stones .... you'd be in much more discomfort it it was ... " So I persevered with discomfort including car driving. Then in my bathroom I needed to pee very urgently .... so used the sink ... and out popped a RED blood stained kidney stone which rolled around the sink towards the plug hole ... and I managed to catch it . Showed the stone to my GP ... he tipped it out of the storage tub and rolled it around his his desk using his pen."Yes it's a kidney stone!!" he ecxlaimed. Referral to urologist followed and various tests . Treatments including lithotripsy did not remedy what a scan revealed to be a renal caliceal diverticular stone .... did not respond to lithotripsy as no outlet to release from the diverticula . Urologist offered to remedy by use of an instrument inserted into the kidney via the urinary tract to 'grab' the stone. I chose not to have the procedure. All occurred 14 years ago. I sometimes have urinary discomfort and have noticed further stone fragments . No infections . Recent kidney function blood test was OK. If symptoms ever become worse I'll seek further treatment but so far not a problem and can live with it.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    My useless GP (now retired) once advised me ref urinary discomfort / difficulty ,"Not likely to be kidney stones .... you'd be in much more discomfort it it was ... " So I persevered with discomfort including car driving. Then in my bathroom I needed to pee very urgently .... so used the sink ... and out popped a RED blood stained kidney stone which rolled around the sink towards the plug hole ... and I managed to catch it . Showed the stone to my GP ... he tipped it out of the storage tub and rolled it around his his desk using his pen."Yes it's a kidney stone!!" he ecxlaimed. Referral to urologist followed and various tests . Treatments including lithotripsy did not remedy what a scan revealed to be a renal caliceal diverticular stone .... did not respond to lithotripsy as no outlet to release from the diverticula . Urologist offered to remedy by use of an instrument inserted into the kidney via the urinary tract to 'grab' the stone. I chose not to have the procedure. All occurred 14 years ago. I sometimes have urinary discomfort and have noticed further stone fragments . No infections . Recent kidney function blood test was OK. If symptoms ever become worse I'll seek further treatment but so far not a problem and can live with it.

How to say youíre íNortherní without saying youíre íNortherníÖÖÖÖ..

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    How to say youíre íNortherní without saying youíre íNortherníÖÖÖÖ..
    Pleased you can use apostrophes properly
    Last edited by sundial; 4th June 2024 at 16:53.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Blog Entries
    Well back to the docs again, quick wee test and still blood in it, not noticeable with named eye but on strip test,
    So they put me on an urgent 2 week scan program to look for anything more nasty.
    I'll be honest I'm very scared.
    Sorry to whine.

Hope they find out what it is quickly and get it sorted Jim.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Jimp, you’re not whining at all. You’re just using this place as a sounding board and looking for some reassurance. Plus you’re probably trying to appear calm for the sake of your loved ones as you don’t want them to worry. I know it’s easy to fear the worst and the waiting is only adding to your anxieties, but hopefully it’s not what you think it is. All the best to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Jimp, youíre not whining at all. Youíre just using this place as a sounding board and looking for some reassurance. Plus youíre probably trying to appear calm for the sake of your loved ones as you donít want them to worry. I know itís easy to fear the worst and the waiting is only adding to your anxieties, but hopefully itís not what you think it is. All the best to you.
    I appreciate what you are saying.

Itís always good to talk jimp.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Dark Pee

Sounds like a kidney stone Ive had a few the stones can do damage while passing through and can make you bleed making the pee red/dark.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by squashy1 View Post
    Sounds like a kidney stone Ive had a few the stones can do damage while passing through and can make you bleed making the pee red/dark.
    Hi, a few people have suggested that, my pee is not clear but not red as it was just for one day.
    I can't see blood in it but the nurse said there is after she tested it with some sort if card stick.

Master
    Sorry to hear the troubles youíre having Jim, hope you get a solid diagnosis soon.
    For my part, I can confirm that UTIs are not just for the ladies, I used to get them quite frequently (with accompanying agonising pain when passing blood), until I figured out that I was basically permanently dehydrated.
    Now Iím much more fastidious about drinking a LOT of water and (touch wood) havenít had one in several years.

Of course I now have to deal with constantly having to pee and getting up during the night, but itís a small price to pay imo.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Hey Jim,
    I too fear that everything is the big C after losing family and friends to it, very much the first thing I think of and it's terrifying. BUT, what youre describing sounds very much like stones to me.
    Hope you get them sorted

Blog Entries
    I hope so but not passed anything that I know about

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Jimp, youíre not whining at all. Youíre just using this place as a sounding board and looking for some reassurance. Plus youíre probably trying to appear calm for the sake of your loved ones as you donít want them to worry. I know itís easy to fear the worst and the waiting is only adding to your anxieties, but hopefully itís not what you think it is. All the best to you.
    forums like here and Pistonheads are somewhere safe to vent at all hours without driving SWMBO to distraction. I've been active on a prostate thread on PH for ages; loads of middles aged guys sharing and hopefully making the process easier.

good luck with the investigations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    forums like here and Pistonheads are somewhere safe to vent at all hours without driving SWMBO to distraction. I've been active on a prostate thread on PH for ages; loads of middles aged guys sharing and hopefully making the process easier.

Yes her indoors is sick of hearing me, you guys gave been a great help.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post

Thatís a valid point and not one Iíd previously considered.

Blog Entries
    Not strange to think the worst Jimp, when seeing a fair amount of blood in my morning production (poo) I immediately thought that's it, I've had it, since part of the family has kicked the bucket that way. It turned out to be hemorrhoids and explained the pain

Stay positive and use this place to vent your concern.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!