closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 72

Thread: Very dark brown pee!

  1. #1
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    8,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Very dark brown pee!

    Not sure this is the right place but here goes.
    Yesterday morning had a shock when my pee was dark brown, red.
    Got straight in to see the nurse, she took a sample, put a stick in it and was certain it was an infection.
    She has sent it away for testing.
    I'm paranoid as I've lost a couple of people lose to me due to the "c".

  2. #2
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    29,586
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Not sure this is the right place but here goes.
    Yesterday morning had a shock when my pee was dark brown, red.
    Got straight in to see the nurse, she took a sample, put a stick in it and was certain it was an infection.
    She has sent it away for testing.
    I'm paranoid as I've lost a couple of people lose to me due to the "c".
    Infection is very different from "c"
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  3. #3
    Could be dehydration?

  4. #4
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    8,793
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Infection is very different from "c"
    Yes but symptoms similar, sorry folks just being paranoid.

  5. #5
    Grand Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,392
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Could be dehydration?
    I would think this is more likely than anything else especially if it has come on almost immediately and you have not noticed similar before.

  6. #6
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    8,793
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I would think this is more likely than anything else especially if it has come on almost immediately and you have not noticed similar before.
    Yes very suddenly, but I drink water through the night and a couple or more g&ts.

  7. #7
    Eaten anything out the ordinary…gave myself a major shock one morning after eating a whole bag of vegetable crisps which were mainly beetroot.

  8. #8
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    8,793
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nothing, bad guts as well, lower part.

  9. #9
    Get your pee tested

  10. #10
    Grand Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    10,161
    Kidney partial failure.

  11. #11
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    8,793
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Get your pee tested
    Yes, been sent off

  12. #12
    Grand Master Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Co. Durham
    Posts
    10,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Eaten anything out the ordinary…gave myself a major shock one morning after eating a whole bag of vegetable crisps which were mainly beetroot.
    Yes beetroot can discolour pee 😁

  13. #13
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    8,793
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Yes beetroot can discolour pee 
    Had nothing like that recently.
    Friday was like passing razor blades.
    Today normal colour and hardly any pain
    Was put on antibiotics, would they work that quick?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Had nothing like that recently.
    Friday was like passing razor blades.
    Today normal colour and hardly any pain
    Was put on antibiotics, would they work that quick?
    Im no doctor but yeh thats my experience, they work pretty quickly but can reoccur

  15. #15
    Grand Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    10,161
    Crystals or stones from kidneys - and the brown is old blood.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Infection is very different from "c"
    Thought Chl***dia was an infection.

  17. #17
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    29,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thought Chl***dia was an infection.
    Pissing razor blades is more likely to be gonorrhoea, no?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  18. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    5,162
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Had nothing like that recently.
    Friday was like passing razor blades.
    Today normal colour and hardly any pain
    Was put on antibiotics, would they work that quick?
    My daughter had a couple of water infections and the antibiotics for them worked incredibly quickly. The Doctor said that they would.

    Edit: if you are taking them and feel they’ve worked, finish the full course regardless, as a couple of GP friends of mine have said that very often people stop as they feel back to normal, for it to return as it hadn’t totally gone.
    Last edited by Devonian; 1st June 2024 at 16:27.

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman at heart
    Posts
    3,236
    Blog Entries
    2
    Don't stress yourself out unnecessarily. Common things occur commonly. Most likely a urinary tract infection.

  20. #20
    It could be one of several problems so just stay calm and wait for results.

    I would avoid high salt food, coffee and alcohol until you know what is what.

  21. #21
    Best wishes to the OP. Had a shock not long ago when I’d had one of those fizzy Berocca vitamin tablets. Almost luminous - the guy stood down from me in the pub urinal noticed it before I did! - if I bottled it you could use it as a glow stick!
    May well be just an infection - rare for us blokes but women seem to suffer far more, basic design fault I guess

  22. #22
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,521
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    ... and a couple or more g&ts.
    Hematuria has many causes, including excessive sexual activity - try cutting it back to once a day (and scale back the nocturnal G&Ts). Keep us posted.

  23. #23
    Grand Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Hematuria has many causes, including excessive sexual activity - try cutting it back to once a day (and scale back the nocturnal G&Ts). Keep us posted.
    It’s not his bum that’s sore…………..

  24. #24
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,873
    Will likely be nowt but get your affairs in order anyway.

  25. #25
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    8,793
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for the advice, had excruciating pain on my left side most of the day.

  26. #26
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    29,586
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Thanks for the advice, had excruciating pain on my left side most of the day.
    It's sounding more and more like a bout of kidney stones, some you passed yesterday (razor blades), damaged blood vessels leading to haematuria (brown pee) and a few more on the left kidney.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Will likely be nowt but get your affairs in order anyway.
    FFS is that really necessary, surely you understand that Jimp came here for some reassurance and posts like that dont help.

  28. #28
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,845
    Kidney stone

  29. #29
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    8,793
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    FFS is that really necessary, surely you understand that Jimp came here for some reassurance and posts like that dont help.
    Thanks for the support, sorted my will out last year.
    I've been in a few scrapes over the year's, broken bones, scars and the like, but this pain is well over 10.

  30. #30
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    29,586
    Consistent with kidney stones, allegedly the second worse pain after childbirth.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  31. #31
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,683
    My family have hereditary kidney disease.

    Barley water and cranberry juice and lots off it can help clear kidney infections quicker.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    8,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Consistent with kidney stones, allegedly the second worse pain after childbirth.
    Worse than childbirth, I can assure readers. Had them myself!

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    By the TOLL Road
    Posts
    5,228
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Could be dehydration?

    Severe dehydration if it’s that colour.

  34. #34
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    236
    Through an unpleasant experience twenty years ago, I would suggest you have a urinary tract infection. Everything matches the symptoms I had.
    Antibiotics sort it out quickly but mine came back soon after, the doctors took an unhealthy interest when it came back...

  35. #35
    Grand Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    14,181
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Worse than childbirth…
    How would you know?

  36. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    8,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    How would you know?
    It was a joke.

  37. #37
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lancaster / Stavanger / Fishguard, Norway / UK
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Poole View Post
    Through an unpleasant experience twenty years ago, I would suggest you have a urinary tract infection. Everything matches the symptoms I had.
    Antibiotics sort it out quickly but mine came back soon after, the doctors took an unhealthy interest when it came back...
    I would concur. Similar experience when I was 27 and was full sure I was dying. Pissing blood , lumps and feeling like passing razor blades. Antibiotics and couple days cleared it up and never recurred. Thank god…


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Leeds England
    Posts
    691
    Very dark brown pee can indicate HPtitis.

  39. #39
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    FFS is that really necessary, surely you understand that Jimp came here for some reassurance and posts like that dont help.
    Obviously said in jest.
    Remember to take the blood pressure tabs FFF.

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Obviously said in jest.
    Remember to take the blood pressure tabs FFF.
    Boiled his piss.

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Obviously said in jest.
    Remember to take the blood pressure tabs FFF.
    Oh piss off with your blood pressure rubbish.. it was in bad taste and hardly in jest.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #42
    Grand Master Mr Curta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mainly UK
    Posts
    17,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Oh piss off with your blood pressure rubbish.. it was in bad taste and hardly in jest.
    Given the final sentence in the OP, I have to agree. There’s a time and place for dark humour.

    I hope that the test results give a clear diagnosis and everything gets sorted quickly, Jimp. If you are still in a lot of pain maybe go back to the GP. It does sound a lot like kidney stones.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

  43. #43
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,845
    I had a kidney stone many years ago. Apparently these are caused by far too much protean in one's diet, like cheese and meat.

    You will know if you have one, the pain is excruciating as the stone moves down the urethra. The pain is worse than when a female is giving birth.

  44. #44
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    1,910
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    I had a kidney stone many years ago. Apparently these are caused by far too much protean in one's diet, like cheese and meat.

    You will know if you have one, the pain is excruciating as the stone moves down the urethra. The pain is worse than when a female is giving birth.
    Hell yes ,I remember passing mine ,made the eyes water.

  45. #45
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    8,793
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for the concern guys, the pain in the lower left comes and goes.
    Loosing close people to me has made me paranoid.

  46. #46
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    2,176
    I had the flank pain a few years back and it was either a kidney stone or kidney infection. I nearly collapsed when going to the loo, the pain was so tremendous. I could barely walk afterwards, never felt anything like it.
    Keep your fluids up, take the pills and hopefully you'll get a response from docs soon. I sympathise greatly!

  47. #47
    Master bobbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Leicester, England
    Posts
    9,781
    It does sound like kidney stone(s), I've had three over a five year period, no fun at all
    At my doctor, she said she has had a kidney stone and also had babies and said the kidney stone was definitely the most painful.

    Good luck Jim, hope everything goes well for you.

  48. #48
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    681
    Bilirubin? Had something similar when I had Gaul stones


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  49. #49
    Grand Master Passenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    26,024
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    Bilirubin? Had something similar when I had Gaul stones


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Menhirs?

  50. #50
    Grand Master JasonM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    16,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Menhirs?
    Sounds like he needs to Getafix.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information