closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smiths Dirty Dozen Preview

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachtan View Post
    It looks the part for sure, but it’s difficult to imagine why anyone would pick this over a Vaer A12

Is it April 1st or something?

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    The subdial looks countersunk in the cream photo.
    I think they both are, it's just easier to see the contrast on the cream versus the black. Eddie can confirm! They both look very nice.

Craftsman
    Looks amazing.

I’ll be away on the weekend so good luck everyone. Just comparing the case size and shape to the Navigator which I measure at 11.2mm in thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy that's nice unfortunately I'm on sunday shift and the wifi sucks there!

Beautiful timepiece but with the import tax, it's out of my reach...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    This has just popped up on social media!

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oca9i View Post
    Beautiful timepiece but with the import tax, it's out of my reach...

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app
    But if you live outside of the UK then 20% VAT would be deducted from your order.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachtan View Post
    It looks the part for sure, but it’s difficult to imagine why anyone would pick this over a Vaer A12
    Vaer doesn't have an antimagnetic core. I don't like any of these military field watches that don't have antimagnetic cores. 1. it's not that difficult to do 2. Field watches are fairly simple watches already, and they don't have the features of the typical sports watch, so I think to set them apart they should ALL have antimagnetic cores. It makes sense to have that feature: a simple 3 hand watch that can't be stopped by shock, water or magnets.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    But if you live outside of the UK then 20% VAT would be deducted from your order.
    that's not how it works. You always pay the UK price + local taxes. The reason for this was explained here a while ago, but I could never really understand it.

Apprentice
    Success!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I tired but I don’t think I got one :( did payment and all! But no confirmation email yet!!

Apprentice
    Got a pop up while filling the card details in at 14:02 to say they were out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    that's not how it works. You always pay the UK price + local taxes. The reason for this was explained here a while ago, but I could never really understand it.
    Yea, I'm in the US and I just pay the UK price and shipping. Usually ends up tax free since it's under the customs limit of $800.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AllBusiness View Post
    Success!
    Same, did you go for cream or black?

Craftsman
    Yep, 2mins and out of stock. I’ve learnt to expect not getting a purchase completed.

I look forward to the real life pics.

Apprentice
    Success!
    Same here.

Success!
    Same! Woohoo! 🙌

I think I had success!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Yea, I'm in the US and I just pay the UK price and shipping. Usually ends up tax free since it's under the customs limit of $800.

- - - Updated - - -

Same, did you go for cream or black?
    Black for me. Congrats to you and the other fans too!

Black for me. Congrats to you and the other fans too!
    Thanks! I went for cream, as I have a black-dial Everest Honeycomb and wanted something with blued hands.
    Last edited by Vorpal; 9th June 2024 at 17:42.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Don’t think I got it even after it went through payment accepted :( boo! Will have to try again next time if any left

Journeyman
    Congrats everyone who got one. I didn't try this time as I'm still on the fence. I have so many Smiths watches already and this would compete too much with the PRS-29.

Craftsman
    Congrats to all that managed to get one, looking forward to seeing some real-life photos of this beauty.....
    Last edited by Planet Ocean; 11th June 2024 at 07:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    Congrats to all that managed to get one, looking forward to seeing so real-life photos of this beauty.....
    Yes me too, photos please guys!
    I didn't try to join in the melee as I feel it may be too close to my navigator, but real life photos may well sway me to try for one.

Anyone received one yet?

Apprentice
    Anyone received one yet?
    I haven't, but mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I haven't, but mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
    Excited for you

Received it yesterday, I was in early and got serial 005. It’s a beauty! Will post some pics now, just trying to figure out how.
    Last edited by Nastadon; 12th June 2024 at 19:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastadon View Post
    Receive it yesterday, I was in early and got serial 005. It’s a beauty! Will post some pics now, just trying to figure out how.
    Superb! Congratulations.

Here we go managed to link to Imgur instead:

https://imgur.com/a/cnM86gm

I've included shots next to the Navigator and 29A, there's actually quite a lot of differences.

The crown is nice and big, the dome sapphire sits somewhere between the Navigator and 29A.

Crazy lume levels with numerals lit up!
    Last edited by Nastadon; 12th June 2024 at 20:12.

Smiths Dirty Dozen Preview

I've included shots next to the Navigator and 29A, there's actually quite a lot of differences.

The crown is nice and big, the dome sapphire sits somewhere between the Navigator and 29A.

There it is - looks excellent!

Thank you for the photos.
    Last edited by TheGent; 12th June 2024 at 21:12.

Master
    Wow Eddie well done these look bloody amazing.

Excellent! Waiting on mine, was supposed to arrive tomorrow but now stuck at Tamworth since late last night with no movement at all today. If anything this made me a smidge more impatient :).

Edit: made its way back to Castle Donington, where I think UPS then puts it on a plane. Fascinated that it went to Castle Donington, then Tamworth, then back to Castle Donington! Sounds like it's going for a little ride.
    Last edited by Vorpal; 13th June 2024 at 00:14.

Journeyman

please give your thoughts on all 4 watches, and let us know which is your favourite from most to least. Thanks!

The thing that I'm on the fence most about is the overlap, and since I love but don't wear my PRS-29's often, if I got the new watch, I would wear them even less. But since you have 4 very similar watches - what do you think of each one?

Great photos Nastadon, thank you for the comparison shots. The new model looks superb!

It does look superb Nastadon.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Oooh that does look nice, thanks for sharing, hopefully I can pick one up at the next release

Just arrived. Lovely thing.
    Some quick pictures…..short and long straps included which are very comfortable. Also added a comparison with the Mellor.
    Wrist size is 6.5” for reference.

Craftsman
    Great photos, the lume looks excellent! Looking forward to receiving my white one. I've got the order confirmation email but not the posting notification.

Looks lush!

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Just arrived. Lovely thing.
    Some quick pictures…..short and long straps included which are very comfortable. Also added a comparison with the Mellor.
    Wrist size is 6.5” for reference.
    That looks really really good - thank you for sharing! The side profile shot is very nice for comparison too.

That looks really really good - thank you for sharing! The side profile shot is very nice for comparison too.
    Thats your old Mellor too. Unfortunately the Mrs seems to have took ownership of it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Thats your old Mellor too. Unfortunately the Mrs seems to have took ownership of it recently.
    Love the Mellor - I toy with buying another one every now and again but the Fatboy would get worn 9 times out of 10 instead. Glad to hear she has good taste.

Thank you for the super pictures - enjoy!

Cream one arrived today. Sits quite flush on the wrist, and mine came in at an impressive 0spd face up on my cell phone timegrapher app. I really like the straps but might put it on rubber if I'm going to get it wet somewhere. Blued hands look great, they look almost black in low light and the blue really comes out in brighter light.

Apprentice
    Received mine today in Madrid, Spain.

Congratulations, Eddie, this is really beautiful!!

Love the size of the numerals, the small-second sphere is very well placed, doesn’t cut any number, nice lume, nice case and bezel, lovely shape of the crystal…

Good job, Eddie, very well done.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Apprentice

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Another one landed - it is lovely.

Craftsman
    Well that didn't take long did it......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285910081...Bk9SR-at0LKDZA

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    Well that didn't take long did it......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285910081...Bk9SR-at0LKDZA
    I don't get it. The level of effort involved to acquire it and then flip for a couple of hundred over. There's no way this is someone who wanted the watch, just wanted to flip it. There must be an easier hustle.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic63 View Post
    I don't get it. The level of effort involved to acquire it and then flip for a couple of hundred over. There's no way this is someone who wanted the watch, just wanted to flip it. There must be an easier hustle.
    I'm not a fan of flippers. For any watch of any brand, I'd rather that a real enthusiast buy it.

But I will say that I picked up a Smiths Dirty Dozen at the last shop opening, and I don't think that it took much effort. Yes, you have to be quick on the draw, but I logged onto my computer five minutes before the store opening, added the watch to my cart as soon as the "Add to Cart" button appeared, and clicked through until my order was confirmed. It took about seven minutes altogether. I understand that it's frustrating that the store openings are so brief and fierce, but I would not describe the watch-buying process as effort intensive.

I'm not a fan of flippers. For any watch of any brand, I'd rather that a real enthusiast buy it.

But I will say that I picked up a Smiths Dirty Dozen at the last shop opening, and I don't think that it took much effort. Yes, you have to be quick on the draw, but I logged onto my computer five minutes before the store opening, added the watch to my cart as soon as the "Add to Cart" button appeared, and clicked through until my order was confirmed. It took about seven minutes altogether. I understand that it's frustrating that the store openings are so brief and fierce, but I would not describe the watch-buying process as effort intensive.
    I think the pain is that lots of folks who do want it aren't as quick on the draw. I've never missed out on any one I really wanted myself, but I could see how folks who aren't ready to fire right when the store opens might get frustrated.

Smiths Dirty Dozen Preview

Mine arrived at the weekend and it really is a lovely watch. I may have been guilty of saying this a few times but it could be Eddie’s best yet. Maybe due to the expansive dial, short lugs, case shape or just some design magic I am not qualified to understand, it has a lot of wrist presence, considering the dimensions on paper and feels perfectly proportioned. Perfect on my 6.75 inch wrist. The dial is amazingly well balanced and as has come to be expected, the whole watch is really well finished. The supplied straps are a perfect compliment and some of the most comfortable I have come across but I have switched out for a grey goatskin leather which I think works very well. I don’t like to declare anything a keeper after a couple of days given my track record but it’s a firm contender for one.

Last edited by dicky8588; 18th June 2024 at 17:21.