closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 500 of 1540

Thread: The Euros 2024 Thread

  1. #451
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    What a calamity by Turkey for Portugal's 2nd goal!

  2. #452
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    FFS, at this tournament we've even had players who've had their ankles tapped fall over and hold their faces! Is that the spectacle you want to see?

    No, totally bloody ruins it for me. Every game thereís someone who gets a palm across the face or a slight tap on the thigh and they go down like theyíve been sniped.
    If these useless refs stopped giving free kicks for it or started issuing yellow cards then it would stamp it out. For the most part footballers are a bunch of pansies


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think if it's proven that a player dived or feigned injury then I think they should be held down while a fat bloke sh*ts into their mouth on the side of the pitch.

    That will stop cheating pretty quickly I'd imagine.

  3. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Someone else who didn't read my post. At no point did I mention hard men or softies, all I mentioned was the total EFFORT by the players on both sides. 80 minutes of solid running, quick play the balls, no time wasting, and no diving/falling about.

    I'm not sure I agree that many footballers could play either rugby discipline at a high level but do agree that few if any could go the other way - given the difference in the wages, if they could then they already would have. The disciplines of all three sports are way too different.
    Yeah you did, if you check your earlier post you typed....

    Football is becoming a game for big girls blouses and sissies!

    And SJ made a comment referencing a Lawrence Dallaglio quote about Andrex

    I didn't quote you or anyone else. Mine was just a general point to offer an alternative view



    Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

  4. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think if it's proven that a player dived or feigned injury then I think they should be held down while a fat bloke sh*ts into their mouth on the side of the pitch.

    That will stop cheating pretty quickly I'd imagine.
    Now a yellow for divingÖ more of this please.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    FFS, at this tournament we've even had players who've had their ankles tapped fall over and hold their faces! Is that the spectacle you want to see?

    No, totally bloody ruins it for me. Every game thereís someone who gets a palm across the face or a slight tap on the thigh and they go down like theyíve been sniped.
    If these useless refs stopped giving free kicks for it or started issuing yellow cards then it would stamp it out. For the most part footballers are a bunch of pansies


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not pansies, which by the way is a slightly iffy term these days, just cheats

    Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

  6. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think if it's proven that a player dived or feigned injury then I think they should be held down while a fat bloke sh*ts into their mouth on the side of the pitch.

    That will stop cheating pretty quickly I'd imagine.
    Are you volunteering?

    Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

  7. #457
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Are you volunteering?

    Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    If it's Bruno Fernandes I'll do it.

  8. #458
    I think Jarrod Bowen would be a decent union winger and Ollie Watkins looks like a natural full back, assuming he can catch.

    Owen Farrell is a decent goalkeeper, famously

    Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

  9. #459
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    I think Jarrod Bowen would be a decent union winger and Ollie Watkins looks like a natural full back, assuming he can catch.

    Owen Farrell is a decent goalkeeper, famously

    Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Ollie Watkins also has a rugby union name. Could rope in James Ward-Prowse and Taylor Harwood-Bellis on that premise as well.

  10. #460
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    13,339
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    What a calamity by Turkey for Portugal's 2nd goal!
    Rumour has it they watched a Jack Hendry dvd on pass backs before the game

  11. #461
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    13,339
    Turkey got schooled completely in every facet of the game tonight. Effortless win for the Portuguese

  12. #462
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19,699
    This is a football Euros thread, no more posts about other sports please.

  13. #463
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    This is a football Euros thread, no more posts about other sports please.
    Fair enough but are we classifying what England are serving up currently as 'football'? Else we can create a separate thread just for England who are identifying as a football team.

  14. #464
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Not pansies, which by the way is a slightly iffy term these days, just cheats

    Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

  15. #465
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    9,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Now a yellow for divingÖ more of this please.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yes, itís the only way, well maybe red to stomp the blouses even trying it in the first place.

    Donít see the women falling over all the time.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  16. #466
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    13,339
    75 seconds this could be a long night for the Romanians

  17. #467
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    16,365
    Typical Lukaku, heís in the box and all he can think of is passing it backwards!

    Are we sure he not English?

  18. #468
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19,699
    He really is terrible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Typical Lukaku, heís in the box and all he can think of is passing it backwards!

    Are we sure he not English?

  19. #469
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    16,365

    The Euros 2024 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    He really is terrible.
    It was a great lay off but I donít think this is his tournament; heís had so many chances in this and the last game but hasnít managed to score.

    Well that lasted well!!

    Or maybe not.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 22nd June 2024 at 21:20.

  20. #470
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    13,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It was a great lay off but I donít think this is his tournament; heís had so many chances in this and the last game but hasnít managed to score.

    Well that lasted well!!

    Or maybe not.
    Heís scored three (all disallowed) and hit woodwork twice in two games. He has 85 goals for Belgium. Heís elite mate

  21. #471
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19,699
    De Bruyne is a magnificent footballer. Imagine a team with him and Rodri together in midfield.

  22. #472
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    16,365
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Heís scored three (all disallowed) and hit woodwork twice in two games. He has 85 goals for Belgium. Heís elite mate
    I know and would expect him to score a hat full but heís had lots of chances in these two games but missed them and on the three occasions he has put the ball in the back of the net, theyíve been ruled out.

    I just get the feeling that itís going to be one of those tournaments for him.

  23. #473
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    13,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I know and would expect him to score a hat full but heís had lots of chances in these two games but missed them and on the three occasions he has put the ball in the back of the net, theyíve been ruled out.

    I just get the feeling that itís going to be one of those tournaments for him.
    Agree maybe - my comment accidentally quoted you was meant to be for the poster above who said he was rubbish. 70 goals in 129 serie A games most recently suggests otherwise. I reckon he will score before long.

  24. #474
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    16,365
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Agree maybe - my comment accidentally quoted you was meant to be for the poster above who said he was rubbish. 70 goals in 129 serie A games most recently suggests otherwise. I reckon he will score before long.
    If you read my tongue in cheek comment which TTC quoted, youíll see that he wasnít seriously suggesting that heís rubbish.

  25. #475
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    13,339

    The Euros 2024 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    If you read my tongue in cheek comment which TTC quoted, youíll see that he wasnít seriously suggesting that heís rubbish.
    Misinterpreted it apologies

  26. #476
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    Belgium have been a bit fortunate tonight- Romania have missed some sitters.

  27. #477
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,907
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    De Bruyne is a magnificent footballer. Imagine a team with him and Rodri together in midfield.
    Yip
    Such a team would be the best in England.
    They might even be Europe's best for one season.

  28. #478
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    16,365
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Belgium have been a bit fortunate tonight- Romania have missed some sitters.
    Weíre we watching the same game? Belgium had at least as many chances as Romania.

  29. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Weíre we watching the same game? Belgium had at least as many chances as Romania.
    Yeah exactly, KDB was unplayable

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

  30. #480
    Nice to read some posts about the games. I know that this forum is based around open and honest debate relating to myriad things but my god.... there's some people need to get a room and have great big cuddle fest.

    Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

  31. #481
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    13,339
    Is there a decent chance of beating Hungary tonight - I hope so but am well aware from previous experience that itís the hope that kills you. Will watch with trepidation and excitement nonetheless. Curious if the fans can lift them again to new levels. Cologne noise was epic

  32. #482
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,153
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Is there a decent chance of beating Hungary tonight - I hope so but am well aware from previous experience that itís the hope that kills you. Will watch with trepidation and excitement nonetheless. Curious if the fans can lift them again to new levels. Cologne noise was epic
    I watched the interview with John Carver and he was talking about the noise from the fans . He said that even as an Englishman , it raised the hairs on the back of his neck and if that doesnít motivate the players etc etc .
    I hope that Scotland can qualify. They were poor against the hosts but bounced back in the last game .

  33. #483
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    13,339
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I watched the interview with John Carver and he was talking about the noise from the fans . He said that even as an Englishman , it raised the hairs on the back of his neck and if that doesnít motivate the players etc etc .
    I hope that Scotland can qualify. They were poor against the hosts but bounced back in the last game .
    Stage fright manifesting in the form of careless passes in defence is my biggest worry

  34. #484
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,153
    Iíve just seen Ronaldo pass to Fernandes in a two on one situation.
    Come on . Someoneís having a laugh .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #485

  36. #486
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,907
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Is there a decent chance of beating Hungary tonight - I hope so but am well aware from previous experience that itís the hope that kills you. Will watch with trepidation and excitement nonetheless. Curious if the fans can lift them again to new levels. Cologne noise was epic
    Scotland are garbage unfortunately and that defence will leak chances so I expect them to concede.
    Iím not sure the Hungarians have enough OGs in them for us to qualify.
    The fact that Che Adams is our 1st pick striker really says it all.
    Hoping to be surprised you never know.

  37. #487
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    4,050
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Scotland are garbage unfortunately and that defence will leak chances so I expect them to concede.
    Iím not sure the Hungarians have enough OGs in them for us to qualify.
    The fact that Che Adams is our 1st pick striker really says it all.
    Hoping to be surprised you never know.
    +1.

  38. #488
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    I'll be cheering on Scotland tonight. I hope they do it - I think they can but they'll need to bring intensity and cut out the errors at the back.

  39. #489
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    16,365
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'll be cheering on Scotland tonight. I hope they do it - I think they can but they'll need to bring intensity and cut out the errors at the back.
    +1, Iím hoping they get a win I think second place is out of the question unless they somehow manage a six goal swing wrt Switzerland.

    And fingers crossed that they will have done enough to secure a third place spot through to the playoffs.

  40. #490
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    He's picked Grant Hanley again!!! WTF?!!?

    Anyone can see he's not up to it, surely there must be someone else they can bring into the side?

    Prediction is Scotland will get murdered down the Hungarian left as a result.

  41. #491
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19,699
    The kid Shanklin must be dire if Adams is playing ahead of him again. The fans though…. Wow!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    He's picked Grant Hanley again!!! WTF?!!?

    Anyone can see he's not up to it, surely there must be someone else they can bring into the side?

    Prediction is Scotland will get murdered down the Hungarian left as a result.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 23rd June 2024 at 19:58.

  42. #492
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Madeley shropshire
    Posts
    6,804
    Anthems

    Hungary 0

    Scotland 1

    Wow good luck boys.

  43. #493
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The kid Shanklin must be dire if Adams is playing ahead of him again. The fans though…. Wow!!
    Adams was Southampton's top scorer - he's decent.

    Agree re the fans - if there was a Euro 2024 of National Anthems being sung Scotland would win by a mile.

    Also Argentine ref? When the Copa America is on? What's that all about?

  44. #494
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,326
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nearly 20mins and has there been a shot on target? Football is becoming so boring. Pass, run forward a bit stop turn around pass backwards.

  45. #495
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,153
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Nearly 20mins and has there been a shot on target? Football is becoming so boring. Pass, run forward a bit stop turn around pass backwards.
    Agreed
    Give it to the keeper . Smash it over the defence and midfield and then have a shot from 30 yards .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  46. #496
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    13,339

    The Euros 2024 Thread

    All remarkably flat. No cutting edge - as feared

  47. #497
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    4,050
    Blog Entries
    2
    I now see what cautious means from Clarke’s pre match interview.

    Not good - so far!!

    Jim
    Last edited by Jimmcb; 23rd June 2024 at 20:47.

  48. #498
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,326
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Agreed
    Give it to the keeper . Smash it over the defence and midfield and then have a shot from 30 yards .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, let's watch back passing for 80mins. Zzzz

  49. #499
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19,699
    Take Adams off, put McTominay up front and get another midfield player on. Long balls to the big man and pick up the knock downs all second half.

  50. #500
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    20,361
    Imagine if England played Scotland. Cure for insomnia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information