closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best place to repair a vintage omega?

Craftsman

Best place to repair a vintage omega?

My brother has just returned from my other brothers wedding in the Carribbean. Where he wore my late Father's 60 year old omega watch. The watch now has visible moisture in it.
    Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. (please point me to the right place if this is the case)

Where would he be best to get this sorted?

I am based near Cambridge and him Jersey, but also happy to post if need be.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
    Thank you.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

From my experience I would try Duncan at Genesis Watchmaking.
    First class service and prices.

Best place to repair a vintage omega?

Another vote for Duncan/Genesis. I have also used STS and Simon Freese for Omegas and have no complaints. I believe Simon is very, very busy.

Ps. Have also used Olivier and Duncan mentioned by Foxy100 below for watch servicing and have had excellent service from both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 17th April 2024 at 16:43.

I've also used Duncan and he's great but would also recommend Olli (http://onatelier.co.uk/) who is a member here or the other Duncan, also a member here (https://thewatchbloke.co.uk/about-me/)

What I would recommend is you get it to whoever can work on it soonest.
    "A man of little significance"

Duncan (Genesis).
    He does a really lovely job.

Grand Master
    I've still got a good stock of movement parts for 1960s Omegas and I`m still taking a few jobs on thesedays. PM me if interested, with more details of the watch and I`ll discuss prices etc.

It always saddens me when vintage watches get water-damaged, in the majority of examples it's possible to get the cases water-resistant for everyday wear regardless of what some might say, I`ve done it many times, but if folks don't get the watches sorted out properly they'll let water in. I have an extensive collection of vintage Omegas and every one has sufficient water resistance for everyday use, I`ve restored them all and tested them, I wear them on an everyday basis and they don't leak.

Big mistake lending a watch out! I definitely recommend getting this sorted without delay, once water has got in it will cause deterioration and the sooner the problem's addressed the better.

Craftsman
    Thank you everybody.
    Most kind and helpful.
    I have passed these recommendations on to my brother, who also sends his thanks.

He believes the moisture was from going from dry air conditioned rooms out into the heat frequently.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk