closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is this a fake ?

Is this a fake ?

One of my neighbours gave me a few watches today which had belonged to her husband, the others are "designer" Adidas, Armani, Danish Design and this Cartier which I assume is not genuine ? :) it actually feels and looks quite good and the second hand sweeps round very nicely.

Master
    font looks all wrong before looking at anything else. That date config at 12 looks like nothing ive ever seen as well.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes imo

(Tz made me add imo to get over the 5 word limit)

Master
    Is that one of those movements with the date on the sub dials to mimic a chronograph? If so then definitely fake.

Google lens doesn't give a match and the model number on the back of the case is for a 3 hander (according to Google)

Master
    Case looks to be good quality, but the Cartier text looks like someone made it on Microsoft Word, the cabochon sapphire almost certainly isn't a sapphire, it doesn't have the tiny "Cartier" text running up the stem of the VII. Couple that with the model reference not matching up and it's one to avoid.
    Also, is that tip-ex at the base of the dial under the 6 o'clock?? I suspect that's covering a little logo with "made in Japan"

Thanks I did expect it to be wrong but its a watch I have never had anything to do with, again thanks and my #1 son with love them he has no shame when it comes to watches, if it looks half good he will wear it and still use his phone for the time.

You are asking if watch with chrono pushers and calendar subdials is real?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Thanks I did expect it to be wrong but its a watch I have never had anything to do with, again thanks and my #1 son with love them he has no shame when it comes to watches, if it looks half good he will wear it and still use his phone for the time.
    Just curious, but will you be passing on the fake for him to wear without shame?

Completely fake and a bad one at that

Assembled using an impact driver.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

I love the way people on here shout out fake, it’s a fake, the worst kind ever, Chinese sweatshop junk etc.

I would be interested if people could actually be specific, it might just help other members on here. Why is it a fake, what can you see that perhaps an untrained eye cannot see.

Surely the purpose of a watch forum is for people to discuss and share information rather than simply trying to look big by making a claim without a single word of explanation.

An appeal to the peeps, cut the bullshit, if you think something is a fake please say why.

I’m off now to speed thru some red lights…

The way the IX runs into the minute markers is very special.

This thing needs smashing with a hammer - get it out of circulation ffs.

On the 24 hour subdial, the numbers should read
    4 8 12 16 20 24
    but here read
    12 14 16 18 20 24

Fake or not, why would some of the RNs be upside down.

Nearly as bad as the Rolex Day Date dials.

I give in, it’s a crock of shite and you guys are right.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 11th April 2024 at 23:34.

If you keep looking you'll notice that some are on their side too. I wonder if anyone at Cartier has ever noticed?

As for this higgledy-piggledy mess, heaven knows how anyone's supposed to be able to tell the time

The random upside-down 9 on the date dial. Nice.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I love the way people on here shout out fake, it’s a fake, the worst kind ever, Chinese sweatshop junk etc.

I would be interested if people could actually be specific, it might just help other members on here. Why is it a fake, what can you see that perhaps an untrained eye cannot see.

Surely the purpose of a watch forum is for people to discuss and share information rather than simply trying to look big by making a claim without a single word of explanation.

An appeal to the peeps, cut the bullshit, if you think something is a fake please say why.

Did you rush to post this, or consciously ignore post #6?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Just curious, but will you be passing on the fake for him to wear without shame?
    To ease your curiosity I will have NO SHAME whatsoever in giving it him while telling him that it is a total crock of s**t and he will be 100% happy, unlike some people it does not take much for him to be happy.

Even with my limited knowledge I knew it was fake within no time after playing with the pushers and seeing what the sub dials did and so on but I thought I would use it has a learning piece and get opinion's from the many TZ experts which is always worth a read :)

On the positive side:
    • What must be a quartz movement seems to be running strong but what impressed me was the smooth sweep of the second hand unlike most cheap quartz.
    • The actual feel and weight of the watch is genuinely quite good, I imagine nothing like the original but decent.

Nearly time to take my life and that of my dogs in the laps of the gods while crossing the local red traffic lights while total ignorant dip s***s feel the law does not apply to them.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Did you rush to post this, or consciously ignore post #6?
    I didn’t read back through the entire thread, I was generalising as it does tend to happen on a regular basis across a number of threads, but well done you for being specific.

To ease your curiosity I will have NO SHAME whatsoever in giving it him while telling him that it is a total crock of s**t and he will be 100% happy, unlike some people it does not take much for him to be happy.

Even with my limited knowledge I knew it was fake within no time after playing with the pushers and seeing what the sub dials did and so on but I thought I would use it has a learning piece and get opinion's from the many TZ experts which is always worth a read :)

On the positive side:
    • What must be a quartz movement seems to be running strong but what impressed me was the smooth sweep of the second hand unlike most cheap quartz.
    • The actual feel and weight of the watch is genuinely quite good, I imagine nothing like the original but decent.

Nearly time to take my life and that of my dogs in the laps of the gods while crossing the local red traffic lights while total ignorant dip s***s feel the law does not apply to them.

Good for you. The proud father passing the fake watch goodness down the generations. Brings a little tear to the eye.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

It's a copy of a Galbee Chrono - but the legit one has a panorama date at the top instead of small seconds and numerals 5 and 7 are missing from the dial.
    The blued hands are painted not blued steel.
    Theres no signature hidden on any of the roman numerals.
    Bracelet screws are raised and clearly punched as dimpled around the edge, same dimpling seen on clasp. This sort of hashiness isnt present on genuine ones.
    Crown cabochon protrudes too much on the fake, and is flusher on a gen.
    Crown guard shape and snugness is off.
    Chrono pusher sleeves are wrong shape wrong angle and look like base metal, should be polished not raw.

List not exhaustive.

On the positive side:
    What must be a quartz movement seems to be running strong but what impressed me was the smooth sweep of the second hand unlike most cheap quartz.
    Could be a cheap automatic mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    It's a copy of a Galbee Chrono - but the legit one has a panorama date at the top instead of small seconds and numerals 5 and 7 are missing from the dial.
    The blued hands are painted not blued steel.
    Theres no signature hidden on any of the roman numerals.
    Bracelet screws are raised and clearly punched as dimpled around the edge, same dimpling seen on clasp. This sort of hashiness isnt present on genuine ones.
    Crown cabochon protrudes too much on the fake, and is flusher on a gen.
    Crown guard shape and snugness is off.
    Chrono pusher sleeves are wrong shape wrong angle and look like base metal, should be polished not raw.

List not exhaustive.
    Is what alerted me to it being a fake without the other stuff.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

On the positive side:

Or even in the case of counterfeit watches.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Couple of right potty-mouths in this public thread.

Good for you. The proud father passing the fake watch goodness down the generations. Brings a little tear to the eye.

It will make him happy and if I can make someone a little happy during my day then I'm happy, you should try it sometime as it would be pretty unique for you :)

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Couple of right potty-mouths in this public thread.
    It's become the norm on TZ these days :)

I don’t see any harm in passing it on to be worn if it’s a bad fake. I mean … the risk with the super clones is that they get sold on as real - but this? Unlikely. That being said, I wouldn’t pass it on to my own boy(s) for a different reason. They are much more likely to be in a place, i.e. night out on the town, where a knife is pulled on them for it … which for any watch, let alone a bad fake, is not worth it.

Oh dear
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    I don’t see any harm in passing it on to be worn if it’s a bad fake. I mean … the risk with the super clones is that they get sold on as real - but this? Unlikely. That being said, I wouldn’t pass it on to my own boy(s) for a different reason. They are much more likely to be in a place, i.e. night out on the town, where a knife is pulled on them for it … which for any watch, let alone a bad fake, is not worth it.
    Really?!?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

It will make him happy and if I can make someone a little happy during my day then I'm happy, you should try it sometime as it would be pretty unique for you :)
    I bet the gang-master owner of the sweatshop that made the fakes is happy, too.

Never mind the misery endured by the victims of the enforced labour that created your fake, as long as your son is happy, then all's right with the world.

What you really should do, and I think many on here will agree with me, is smash the fake lump of shite to dust with a sledge hammer. I'm sure your son would understand… but then again

Master
    Blog Entries

Never mind the misery endured by the victims of the enforced labour that created your fake, as long as your son is happy, then all's right with the world.

What you really should do, and I think many on here will agree with me, is smash the fake lump of shite to dust with a sledge hammer. I'm sure your son would understand… but then again
    You win

All this preaching nonsense makes me want to head to the Turkish "real fake watches" stall next time I'm on holiday and buy a handful of dirty rotters so I can tease the righteous on here.
    Attachment 20812
    Last edited by Man of Kent; 12th April 2024 at 21:56.

And those who think their "Swiss" watches or their iphones or other "legit" consumer goods aren't made by slaves are naive idiots.

https://chinalaborwatch.org/investig...eport-in-2023/

Master

Why, does he get commission when they're passed on second-hand?

Blog Entries
    On the positive side:

What must be a quartz movement seems to be running strong but what impressed me was the smooth sweep of the second hand unlike most cheap quartz.

Seiko's cheap and cheerful VK63 mechaquartz will do the trick.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!