closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Got the call = Root beer 126711 CHNR

Master

Got the call = Root beer 126711 CHNR

Ive just had the call from my AD to offer me a 126711 and Im off to have a look later, buying it will mean something will have to go so Im keen to hear any owners thoughts and long term views, I appreciate not the most in demand piece however Ive never had two tone and always liked my previous GMT's I miss the 16710, Latest Pepsi and Batman also pieces that I enjoy and so this will offer me something different to what Ive had previously as tended to wear SS sports.

Im hoping ill bond with it but I have thick wrists 8.5 so tend to wear bigger pieces

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 16th April 2024 at 10:19.

With that size wrist, I’d look at the deepsea James Cameron and Sky-Dweller.
    Not dis-similar price wise, and what I’d be wearing with a larger wrist.

Not like you are buying unseen from someone on here for example………….

Go along, try it, and make your mind up?

There is no-one who can assist you liking a two-tone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    With that size wrist, I’d look at the deepsea James Cameron and Sky-Dweller.
    Not dis-similar price wise, and what I’d be wearing with a larger wrist.
    Its not as easy as asking for a skydweller and getting one, its already on the list that Im waiting on and Ive already got the James cameron

Master
    I don’t mind a two tone watch and have owned a few previously but the root beer does nothing for me, think it must black/brown bezel. You have nothing to loose having a look but for £14.3k there are other watches that I would prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the call = Root beer 126711 CHNR

It is a lovely watch. But do bear in mind the 32xx movement issues. That issue alone made me pass on the CHNR last year. 2 of my 3 32xx watches have experienced the movement problem (amplitude and time keeping dropping off a cliff) and each has been back twice to Rolex under warranty repair (now fixed, temporarily at least).

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Great watches IMO and more importantly, versatile to regular wardrobe changes.

Master
    Beautiful watch,classy till i paid for it. Then i changed my mine and felt it showy and blingy. Kept it 18 months or so and never wore it out of the house. Prefer a sub or a seadweller.

I went to look at one in Watches of Whitby and experienced great customer experience. Coffee and a biscuit and all the time in the world to look at the watch without any pressure. I liked the watch but felt that the two tone was too bright and attention grabbing and ultimately decided that it wasn't for me. I've looked at them again since and have no regrets about not buying it.

Grand Master
    Lovely watch, possibly the only one I would wear in bimetal, I’d wait a wee while as it’ll be cheaper Grey
    RIAC

A friend of mine has one, its a nice watch but very showy.

Great if you like to flex I guess!

Master

Thanks for all the feedback it’s appreciated, I loved it and brought it without hesitation - agreed it’s all the things mentioned hence the pictureit’s definitely showy and look at me ;)

Look forward to seeing how I feel over time

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    It is a lovely watch. But do bear in mind the 32xx movement issues. That issue alone made me pass on the CHNR last year. 2 of my 3 32xx watches have experienced the movement problem (amplitude and time keeping dropping off a cliff) and each has been back twice to Rolex under warranty repair (now fixed, temporarily at least).

I have several Rolex GMT Master II's in my collection with the 3285 movement and over many years of ownership I have had zero issues with them all. It's kind of why you have a cast iron Rolex warranty should anything ever go wrong.......which is never as often as the internet would have you believe!

Craftsman
    Congrats on the purchase, it’s looks great and nicely a bit different from the usual Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    Beautiful watch,classy till i paid for it. Then i changed my mine and felt it showy and blingy.
    It is funny how that transition from wanting to owning changes your feelings. Hopefully not in this instance!

Master
    I’ve had one for a couple of years and love it.

Looking good. Not too small.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    Congrats on the purchase, it’s looks great and nicely a bit different from the usual Pepsi.

It is funny how that transition from wanting to owning changes your feelings. Hopefully not in this instance!

Never really bonded with the new Pepsi despite the hype - maybe it’s the jubilee, my old 16710 though I deeply miss

This new one does feel more special than either of them though

Master
    Rootbeer looks great.
    Lovely watch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    my old 16710 though I deeply miss
    My 16710 is head and shoulders my favourite watch, (and my wife’s least...just doesn’t get it)

I think of the 6 digit GMTs the root beer looks a bit subtler and more relaxed than the brighter Pepsi hues.

Master

Never really bonded with the new Pepsi despite the hype - maybe it’s the jubilee, my old 16710 though I deeply miss

Same here.I thought the Pepsi was a bit blingy for a stainless steel watch,especially on the jubilee.I kept my 16710 coke,which is a far nicer looking watch.In my opinion of course.The TT root beer looks good.
    Last edited by Toad monitor; 12th April 2024 at 07:53.

Thanks for all the feedback it’s appreciated, I loved it and brought it without hesitation - agreed it’s all the things mentioned hence the pictureit’s definitely showy and look at me ;)

Congrats! Lovely watch

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    I’ve had one for a couple of years and love it.
    Ditto. Great watch congrats

Blog Entries

Well that suits you Sir! I had one for a while and sometimes wish I kept it. A lovely iteration of the GMT. If I was offered one again I would buy back as I am in the market for another GMT. NB: I have 3 32xxx Rolex and not had any issues.

Gratuitous picture of mine (the eagle eyed will see I switched to full brushed steel bracelet from my LV to tone it down a little).

Only sold to buy a different trinket.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 12th April 2024 at 08:19.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Well that suits you Sir! I had one for a while and sometimes wish I kept it. A lovely iteration of the GMT. If I was offered one again I would buy back as I am in the market for another GMT. NB: I have 3 32xxx Rolex and not had any issues.

Gratuitous picture of mine (the eagle eyed will see I switched to full brushed steel bracelet from my LV to tone it down a little).

I think with the stainless steel bracelet the root beer looks sensational. 👌🏻

Master
    +1 fpr the stainless bracelet - looks ace - I think it would look great on oyster flex as well

Ah, I remember the TZ-UK VTG that I talked you into having a go and switching to the submariner bracelet…

We were a few sherbets in by that stage and you needed no further encouragement. I thought it best that you checked out whether it fitted, before I gave it a go with mine.😀

Master

Or the need to have Porsche steering wheel in it either, selling coats is good business, clearly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Nice choice. I've been on the imaginary list for this for a while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Ah, I remember the TZ-UK VTG that I talked you into having a go and switching to the submariner bracelet…

We were a few sherbets in by that stage and you needed no further encouragement. I thought it best that you checked out whether it fitted, before I gave it a go with mine.
    Yeh. Done in real time as I seem to remember!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Nice choice. I've been on the imaginary list for this for a while.
    So close to list now, not worth doing the AD dance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    So close to list now, not worth doing the AD dance.
    Didn't realise how close it was. About £1.5k above retail?

If you know where to shop you can pick up a 2018 for £500-600 below retail. But I suppose a 6-7 year old watch is probably going to need a service which isn’t cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    If you know where to shop you can pick up a 2018 for £500-600 below retail. But I suppose a 6-7 year old watch is probably going to need a service which isn’t cheap.
    My 116610LN worn in rotation is now approaching 13 yo without a service and is +/- 1 sec/d.

Not going to service it until it starts losing/gaining a chunk of time.

Blog Entries
    Nice one, underrated model in my opinion.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Didn't realise how close it was. About £1.5k above retail?
    Yeh mate, typically see in the mid £15s. Greys pay under retail now I believe.

Great watch, I love the two tone GMT. Congratulations

Master
    I love them, health to enjoy! My 50th is 4 years away and I keep promising myself one for then. Been offered 2 from my AD.. in the last 2 years, however some of the TT yellow gold subs/ SD's have recently caught my eye as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Looks really cool, I think

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk