closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    As an aside , how many on here have seen more than one Bremont in the wild. Ill start , in serious watch watching since 2010 I havnt seen one. But then again…………I dont live in London ;). What was their genuine market penetration ?
    Being ex-military, I've seen a few on colleagues wrists and all of them Squadron watches. They did nothing for me...the design usually incorporated a silhouette of the aircraft and an extra numeral added next to an hour marker to either make the Squadron number or the aircraft ID.

Tbh they never really had a particularly recognisable design language - I can spot an Oris or a Sinn, a Rolex, an Omega or a Tudor - a cushion cased Seiko Diver or a Doxa, a Hamilton Khaki etc - across a room. I think I’d recognise an MB2 with the 2 crowns and the odd second hand - but the rest? No, don’t think I would

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Tbh they never really had a particularly recognisable design language - I can spot an Oris or a Sinn, a Rolex, an Omega or a Tudor - a cushion cased Seiko Diver or a Doxa, a Hamilton Khaki etc - across a room. I think I’d recognise an MB2 with the 2 crowns and the odd second hand - but the rest? No, don’t think I would
    I think that's why the MB2 stood out as their only remotely interesting watch to me. Everything else seemed generic.

Bremont - what have they done?

I really like Bremont. It has been something of a slow burn for me, but over the years I’’’ve grown to appreciate their watches. I liked the idea that they were a brand trying to revive the British watchmaking industry. I now have three of their watches, an MB, an S501 and a Supermarine Chrono. I like the toolish designs and the way they’’re built. The MB has been in two accidents, both of which would have tested the anti-shock system to the limit, but it never missed a beat. That for me is a great watch, one that has been designed to do a job and exceeds your expectations.
    I don’’’t particularly like this rebranding exercise they are currently embarking upon. However, pretty much every watch brand has been in a similar situation at one time or another. I hope they learn from this and don’’’t destroy everything they’’’ve built so far.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Blackhawk; 7th May 2024 at 23:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
    I really like Bremont. It has been something of a slow burn for me, but over the years I’ve grown to appreciate their watches. I liked the idea that they were a brand trying to revive the British watchmaking industry. I now have three of their watches, an MB, an S501 and a Supermarine Chrono. I like the toolish designs and the way they’re built. The MB has been in two accidents, both of which would have tested the anti-shock system to the limit, but it never missed a beat. That for me is a great watch, one that has been designed to do a job and exceeds your expectations.
    I don’t particularly like this rebranding exercise they are currently embarking upon. However, pretty much every watch brand has been in a similar situation at one time or another. I hope they learn from this and don’t destroy everything they’ve built so far.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Completely agree

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Being ex-military, I've seen a few on colleagues wrists and all of them Squadron watches. They did nothing for me...the design usually incorporated a silhouette of the aircraft and an extra numeral added next to an hour marker to either make the Squadron number or the aircraft ID.
    Something akin to mine…. 🤣😬

I hate the new logo, no idea what they are thinking! I do rather like the one I have, and having helped design it I will never get rid. A few others older models appeal to me but I wouldn’t probably buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Something akin to mine…. 藍

I hate the new logo, no idea what they are thinking! I do rather like the one I have, and having helped design it I will never get rid. A few others older models appeal to me but I wouldn’t probably buy another.
    Nice caseback on those. Hadn’t realised they had the Squadron patches embossed on them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post

Now that is a very nice looking watch.

I wonder if the new "compass rose" design on the dial is a nod to the NATO logo?

Either way, I hope they return to their stated aim of manufacturing movements in the UK. If they could supply other "British" brands (CW et al.) with their ebauches then all the better. Sadly they seem to rowing back on that. They now look like another UK-based microbrand buying everything in. This works well for Eddie as he reissues out of production classic and crowdsources the designs of new models. (He's also charging three figures, not four.)

I thought Henley might eventually be the new Cheltenham but alas it seems not. And losing their in-house cases means they've got no USP at all.

Master
    Another mail shot today trying to flog me an MB2. Surely they’re chuckling every time they hit send. Bizarre.