closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommend fitter for car charging point

Recommend fitter for car charging point

I know this has been discussed but I cant find the thread, It looks like at long last I am getting a company car and electric will be the only option, its going to change every 6 months so first up is a Tesla then I might get a Polestar so I need a charging point that I can use for any car, can anyone recommend a company to contact for supply and fitting?

I'm in North Essex.

I’d just ask for electrician recommendations on your local Facebook group. I don’t think fitting 7kw chargers is particularly complicated, you just want a decent electrician.

Before you do this, check yourself that you have a 100amp fuse and are not on a looped supply. If you have a 100 amp fuse and are not looped to a neighbour, I believe your install is easier as you don’t have to deal with the power network before you get the electrician in. Other than that, the electrician just has to route a cable from your consumer box to the outside wall and wire up the charging pod.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I’d just ask for electrician recommendations on your local Facebook group. I don’t think fitting 7kw chargers is particularly complicated, you just want a decent electrician.

Before you do this, check yourself that you have a 100amp fuse and are not on a looped supply. If you have a 100 amp fuse and are not looped to a neighbour, I believe your install is easier as you don’t have to deal with the power network before you get the electrician in. Other than that, the electrician just has to route a cable from your consumer box to the outside wall and wire up the charging pod.
    Providing there is a spare way in the DB.

I would go on the Simpson and partners website to see their approved installers.

They are a relatively decent and new EV charger company so their list of installers should be a good start.

Master
    Any competent spark should be able to do it, assuming its single phase

I had a few who didn't want to fit my 3 phase as its not as common, but I found a guy eventually to do it

Craftsman
    Can’t assist with installers but certainly worth considering an EV tariff / suitable charger - Octopus Intelligence which is one of the most popular tariffs only works with certain cars or chargers (Ohmi and Zappi)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Don't touch Mr. Charger.

Our ex-finance director fronted the branch local to you and was fraudulently signing off electrical certificates, until he was caught.