closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to assess solar quotes?

Master
    Lots of useful posts in this thread, and a know-it-all, bit like the EV thread where he ventured in knowing nothing, and now is the messiah of EV.

I don’t want a washing machine, drier or dishwasher on when I’m sleeping. We’ve all seen his road & it isn’t as though the devices are hidden in the eastern wing away from being heard. He will claim Miele silence no doubt.

How many threads can he mention his overnight leccy charges ffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Heatpump dryer on ( don’t ask mrs likes fluffy towels).
    Same here with my missus, but mine went on the garden line.

A nice solar, erm, I mean sunny day and a mild breeze did the trick in three hours :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Same here with my missus, but mine went on the garden line.

A nice solar, erm, I mean sunny day and a mild breeze did the trick in three hours :)
    But it won’t be soft & fluffy, Mary. Why are you so contrary all the time? Bet you’re an utter joy to work with, given your inability to not be a smug know-it-all.

Am sure you’ve been to Eleveneriffe.

Journeyman
    Had my system now for 9 years, payback was around year 7 so all looking rosy now.. who knows what we have saved on free electricity on sunny days but I see quite a few kw has been used by my solar iboost…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

How to assess solar quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeboy View Post
    Had my system now for 9 years, payback was around year 7 so all looking rosy now.. who knows what we have saved on free electricity on sunny days but I see quite a few kw has been used by my solar iboost…

This resonates with my friends who did it. I’ve not asked them for their spreadsheets or inside leg measurements lol.

One of my mechanical engineer friends hates it when the chemi ones call themselves an engineer; same person & posturing.

Last edited by Mj2k; 5th April 2024 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeboy View Post

Well done. You timed it well. Things ain’t as good as they used to be.

And 6 years later....AKA today.....

Very obviously not true, for someone that likes to think they do research you really need to check your sources and not be so credulous in trying to hold onto your beliefs. You asked for a multi year example, got one and yet still are desperate to be right. You must be a joy to go for a pint with.

There are a few on here, who are also on UKGSer.

A fella on there "Warlord" - detailed and documented his entire installation (including PV panels, Tesla Powerwall, Tesla car etc) - he also tabulated his costs and consumptions/productions.

It did make interesting reading including the mileage he put on the car - just for fun.

I believe his clawback came down to around 5yrs with the increase in energy prices (but that was before this Octopus-type tarrif).

He also had the ability to back-feed his house from the car to ride out power cuts.

Craftsman
    We have a 4 kw solar array and a 5kw battery it cost around 10k. Last year we saved around 1k or so between free power and 15p a kw export.

I am not sure if I could do it again I would not go for 15kw of batteries and no solar.

If I had 3 phase this decision would be easier.

Being Scottish I like the free energy and as I’ve already paid for the bits I have no trouble ignoring the outlay for the smile of getting stuff free…lol

We had 15 panels installed with 2x 5.2kwh batteries and an Eddie system last September and on Octopus.

Cost circa Ł13k

With the Eddie system it heats the water so we are saving on gas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nick67 View Post
    With the Eddie system it heats the water so we are saving on gas as well.
    Gas price cap is only 6p/kWh. With a circa 90% efficient boiler, that works out at 6.6p/kWh equivalent.

Little benefit in substituting gas with free electricity, or cheap overnight electricity (which can be more expensive than 6.6p/kWh!).

You should maximise selling back to the grid, and only load shed gas when you have no electricity left to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    There are a few on here, who are also on UKGSer.

A fella on there "Warlord" - detailed and documented his entire installation (including PV panels, Tesla Powerwall, Tesla car etc) - he also tabulated his costs and consumptions/productions.

It did make interesting reading including the mileage he put on the car - just for fun.

I believe his clawback came down to around 5yrs with the increase in energy prices (but that was before this Octopus-type tarrif).

He also had the ability to back-feed his house from the car to ride out power cuts.
    Think he also has a special word set up in Google/amazon assistant for if he thinks he’s being burgled.

Turns on all lights and sounds alarms noises through the Sonos or something.