closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC

Craftsman

SOTC

It's been a few years since I posted one of these on here. I don't have a big collection, but it has changed a little over the years with me selling, regretting selling, and then buying the same watch a second time.

The Speedmaster is my second, having sold my first when we were getting the garden landscaped, and I needed a little extra cash. A couple of years later, I got a real bargain at Malta Airport picking one up for £2,900 on the day the big box version went to £3800.

The Visodate is my second and unsure why I sold my first, but it's a nice-looking dress watch, so when I saw them on offer online, I bought it again.

The Steelfish has a little more of a story to it. Me and the wife went 50/50 to pay for it 13 years ago for my 40th birthday. I then sold it to someone we know about 2017 so that I could give the wife some cash towards a car she wanted but she was a little short of funds for.

She knew I missed the watch and that I had always regretted selling it, so she reached out to the person I had sold it to and convinced them to sell it back to her. She then surprised me with it for my 50th in 2021.

The PRX was also purchased on impulse at Malta Airport a couple of years back. This is the quartz version and is cheap for a nice-looking and comfortable watch.

The Moonswatch and Casioak are recent acquisitions. Both nice casual watches for everyday use.

I also have a Garmin Fenix that I probably wear more than any of the others but didn't take a pic as it's on the wrist.

It's not a big collection, but with the exception of the Casioak, I have extra straps for them all if I want to change the look. The PRX looks great on both rubber and leather, and I think the Moonswatch looks good on the brown rubber strap.

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GMC41; 30th March 2024 at 16:09.

Master
    Lovely story about the Steelfish. That’s a keeper, both watch and wife

A very nice and rounded collection with a great story for the Steelfish

Master
    As others have said , what a special lady to have surprised you with the Steelfish on your birthday.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    As others have said , what a special lady to have surprised you with the Steelfish on your birthday.
    Aye, quality wife there.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Reciprocation is a powerful thing.

Nice all occasions covered collection

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Nice collection, especially Breitling. Now stop browsing for new watches and leave it as it is, just enjoy. I wish I had done that in the past and avoided having collection of 60 watches now.

Wys?ane z iPhone za pomoc? Tapatalk

Nice Steelfish story. Mine has been with me on a lot of adventures and, even if I put it away for a few months, it always ends up back on my wrist when I want something reliable and hardy and really good looking! Is yours the black? I went blue when I got mine many years back but it was a real toss up with the black. Both dials are stunning and change in the light.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Nice Steelfish story. Mine has been with me on a lot of adventures and, even if I put it away for a few months, it always ends up back on my wrist when I want something reliable and hardy and really good looking! Is yours the black? I went blue when I got mine many years back but it was a real toss up with the black. Both dials are stunning and change in the light.

Yes, it's the black one but as you say, the colour changes. In certain lights, mine looks blue. It's a hefty watch and you can feel the weight on the wrist but I like that about it.

Thanks for the comments all.

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Great little collection, and I enjoyed the back story for all, but especially the Steeldive.

Every time I see a 6 watch collection it makes me regret falling down the rabbit hole way beyond that ... my hole almost reaches Australia now LOL