closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: London Surprised How Nice

Threaded View

Master
    Blog Entries

London Surprised How Nice

We have spent the last three days in London, we went to meet some friends who are over from Florida. I have to admit I have been to New York more times in the past twenty years than Central London, the only reason being is that for many years in the eighties and early nineties I worked all over central London on a weekday, only coming back home at weekends.

First impressions on this trip was how much cleaner London was, the air quality was good and the streets looked tidy. We stayed in the very comfortable and surprisingly reasonable Park Plaza Westminster Bridge which is right opposite Big Ben, and looks spotless after its recent clean. Our trips on the underground were equally surprisingly good, with people instantly giving up their seat for my wife who is walking with a stick at the moment. The fares are very reasonable and tap and go payment system is superb.

We really enjoyed the afternoon at Borough Market and then an early evening meal at the many restaurants in the area. We returned to the area around Waterloo tube station and found a great Fullers Pub where after a few pints of ESB I was one satisfied customer.

One place I have never been too was the Imperial War Museum, so we decided to visit as it was only a short walk behind our hotel, good decision it was a great experience.

All in an all we had a great time and left London feeling happy, even the train journey from Euston back to the West Midlands was brilliant. Well done London keep it up.
    Last edited by hilly10; 29th March 2024 at 21:18.