closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sep 2013 Omega PO supplied cards

Sep 2013 Omega PO supplied cards

Hi TZ knowledge collective, I am looking at a 2013 PO on the Bay that is BNIB and it looks like it is missing at least one of the cards it should have been supplied with

Here is a picture of the card wallet, please let know what is missing if anything.

Thanks
    Eddie

I have a PO from 2009. Looks like yours is missing the Chronometer Certificate.

Master

Yep missing Chronometer card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NigeG; 25th March 2024 at 10:31.

Thanks chaps, that is what I thought as well. The seller has emailed Omega to see what they say and I will report back.
    Last edited by Arcam; 25th March 2024 at 15:13. Reason: Typo correction

I have attached the official reply from Omega re the missing card that was sent to the seller.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master

Sorry, don’t believe that.

This is the three cards that came with my Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Edition bought new in 2019. It has the 3861 Master Chronometer Movement

Sorry it’s a poor image

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Sorry, don’t believe that.

This is the three cards that came with my Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Edition bought new in 2019. It has the 3861 Master Chronometer Movement

Sorry it’s a poor image

Thanks for that, I will contact Omega myself and try to verify.

I seem to recall there was a period when only two cards were issued, but I'm not an expert on Omega. When I purchased a Speedmaster in 2022 it came with three cards so perhaps a decision was reversed.

Sorry to thread highjack, but does anyone remember Omega including a chronometer certificate or is that something I've dreamt about?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    I have attached the official reply from Omega re the missing card that was sent to the seller.
    I believe I was told the same by Omega too when I asked the same question a few years back.

The question I sent to Omega yesterday:

"I am looking to purchase a second hand Omega Planet Ocean from Sep 2013 and the currently owner states that he only received 2 cards with his original purchase and I was expecting that a "Master Chronometer" card would be part of the set.

Please could you confirm how many cards should have been included on a new UK purchase? I have attached a picture of the tag that were supplied with the watch and hope that will help us both.

Thanks
    Eddie"

I had a speedy (no pun intended <g>) reply from Omega:

"Good morning Mr xxxxx,

Many thanks for taking the time to contact OMEGA & we hope all is well?

Thank you for sharing the watch tag, this is very helpful in determining which Planet Ocean model you are considering purchasing. Based on this information & as this is a 2013, it would have not have been issued with a Master Chronometer card. This card is only issued with watches that are fitted with our METAS movement, which came into production in our Planet Ocean collection in 2016.

The cards that would have been originally issued with this watch are as follows: International Warranty, Pictogram & swing tag.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Many thanks,
    Vxxxxx"

I wanted to post the entire message from Omega but it exceeded the forum limit for attachments so forgive me for posting that content as I have. I can see my error in asking a very specify question re Master Chrono card when it should have been about just a Chronometer card, I have asked Omega the correct question now and I will share their reply.

Latest reply from Omega which I think covers my original question:

"Dear Mr xxxxx,

Many thanks for coming back to me.

While you are correct in saying that previous generations of Planet Oceans would have been issued with this card, In 2013, OMEGA management took the decision to remove the Master Chronometer and place the " COSC" symbol on both the cream swing tag and the Pictogram card.

Therefore, it is most likely that this watch would not have been issued with this card at the time of the original purchase.

Many thanks & Kind regards,
    Vxxxxx"

Apprentice

2 cards provided by omega back in 2013

Hello @all
    back in 2013, omega provided only 2 cards.
    Please see attached pictures from my AT. You can see that it is 2 cards and also the date of purchase.
    I do had the same interrest about the cards provided with the watch.
    I also, back then, asked omega about.
    Please, read bellow what omega writed to me:

“ Dear Mr. …..
    We thank you for your request of August 29th, 2013 and are pleased to learn that you recently purchased an OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra watch, serial number ********** We would not miss this opportunity to congratulate you on your purchase of your OMEGA watch.
    Further to your message, we understand that you were not given the chronometer certificate card for your fine timepiece. We are therefore pleased to confirm that this card is no longer added, however, the COSC information is also mentioned on the pictogram card, which will always accompany all watches.
    Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service, in ********, at the following address “

(message from 2013 Aug 30)
    please, also check the following photo’s for the cosc stamp

I hope this helps
    regards
    Ioannis

Outstanding, thanks for posting that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    I seem to recall there was a period when only two cards were issued, but I'm not an expert on Omega. When I purchased a Speedmaster in 2022 it came with three cards so perhaps a decision was reversed.

Sorry to thread highjack, but does anyone remember Omega including a chronometer certificate or is that something I've dreamt about?
    You’re correct they did use to have a certificate with them, I had a Titanium sword hands electric blue dial that had the Chrono cert.
    And as above response, absolutely bang on OP. For that era doesn’t look wrong for that age.

Master
    Long, long ago….. you used to be able to request the actual COSC cert, the one with all the rate info for your serial number, had one sent to me for my 2254.

Think they then started to charge for it after that, similar to the archive extract they also no longer provide. Prior to the red credit card style certs, the Chronometer cert was of a similar style to the pukka COSC but had no rate info on it.

Of course these days, they’re back to providing a Chronometer (METAS) card again, I believe the rate results for METAS certified watches are downloadable.