closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Watch Boutique at Heart of the Shires

The Watch Boutique at Heart of the Shires

Morning all - I'm trying to get hold of Dan at the Watch Boutique in Northamptonshire as I've decided to re-balance the watch collection somewhat, but despite sending email and calling their telephone, I haven't been able to make contact. Does anybody know if TWB has ceased trading, or do I just need to persevere?

Alternatively, if anybody has a recommendation for a dealer who may be interested in a job lot of old Omega and Seiko timepieces, I'd be thankful for the steer.

Thank you

Richard

Old Seikos you say... might they appear on SC? Asking for a friend

LOL, it's unlikely I'm afraid - I tried to sell a number of watches a few years ago and, to be honest, I met a couple of lovely people, I really did, but at the time I was facing some personal issues and a number of members were, well, complete members if you get my drift.

I told myself that, as much as I enjoy the forum, and I do, that selling here wasn't really my best bet - I'll lose money selling into trade that's for sure, but it's better than some of the experiences I had last time. I was a prolific collector at one point and had 19 Rolex's, mostly SS divers and GMT's, I also had over 50 decent Omega's - all vintage, mostly Seamaster models but with some Speed/Flight/Railmasters and nice Chronostops and Dynamics also. All but two of the Rolex's are gone, but only two went to TZ members before I changed my mind on how I was selling them, and I have around 20 Omega's left from the original number. Unfortunately the actions of two or three members has dissuaded me from selling on-forum.

Drop me a line and let me know what you're looking for; if I have it I'll be happy to discuss it, but I don't think I'll be listing things here. For reference, the Seiko's are mainly Pogue, Bullhead, UFO, Slide Rule etc, with a few nice divers also - original 6217MAS, 6105 etc.

<disclaimer - I've met loads of people from this forum at watch fairs, GTG's and the like and pretty much all of them have been complete gents, it's just a shame that there are a few bellmatics here also (Seiko pun intended!)>

I found db to be a tremendous counterparty on a small sale a few years back - a shame he feels unable to sell on SC (though understandable with how some of these go). Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.

Master
    Yes that’s a huge shame, but understandable if you had a couple of poor experiences. I’m a glutton for a vintage omega so would love to hear what you have!

I am not interested in buying, but would still like to see what sounds to be a very interesting collection.
    I love all of Omega's vintage dive and chronograph back catalogue, we don't see enough of them here at the moment, but they used to be quite commonly seen here.

^ there’s a thought. Go on!

Leave it with me chaps - I have a bit of spare time tomorrow AM, so I'll take a few snaps and pop them up here

Wonderful!

OK, starter for 10 - here are three 6139's - a couple of Pogues and a blue version:

Untitled by d1ck_browne, on Flickr

A bunch of Bullheads. There are a couple of near-mint examples here, and because I didn't want to harm them, a couple of beaters I bought immediately afterward!

Next some non-Bullhead 6138's - a couple of UFO's - one in great condition, one a bit more beaten, a slide-rule, a Speedtimer and a Kakume

A trio of divers - I always wanted a 6105, but couldn't find one for a long time, so built my own with genuine used dial and hands and a 7002-700J. Also appearing are a 7002-7001 in original form and another mod

Finally, the money shot - the 6105-8110 was found after much searching and is a thing of beauty, and this is my second 62MAS after sellers regret on my first. It came on the Tropic, but I tend to wear it on a leather as shown.

I have many other Seiko's - Bellmatics, Sports, 6217GMT, and some other oddities. I'll try to get them all together for a posterity shot.

Omega's to follow

I do appear to have more Omegas than I need (ignoring the N+1 rule), here are some of the highlights (IMHO)

A very early (1992) 2531 and a 2254

A few more older Seamasters - the 166-024 is from 1967, the 14755 is from 1962 (and suffers from a service replacement dial and hands), and the 166-062 (Seamaster 60) is from 1969

I've grouped these three together because all share the same 861 movement - the Speedy Pro is from 1971, the Mk2 from 1969 and the Flightmaster is also from 1971

Next a Railmaster, and a couple of Chronostops - I have no idea of the age of the Chronostop Driver, but the Seamaster is from 1968

Last, but by no means least, a lovely Dynamic, all on it's lonesome

That's it for now, but if I have time this afternoon, I shall pop up some pics of the other Seiko's.

Thanks for looking

Richard

Ooof!
    Gone and knocked it out the park, he has.
    Regardless of the value exhibited elsewhere, that 166-062 is gorgeous, and the Seamaster Chronostop makes me wistful about the one I used to own.

Thanks for the photos, a gorgeous collection.

Lovely collection DB.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Splendid collection