closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paypal problems

Paypal problems

Hi All,

I've been trying to log in to my Paypal account, which I haven't used for ages. Trouble is it now has the two phase logging in procedure which requires them to send me a text message or call me. The number they have is a phone number I haven't had for years.

Do I have to ring them up to sort it out or something ? I have emailed their enquiry number but no reply as yet,

Cheers, Richie

You should have the option for an e-mail to verify?.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

It just says on the page they send either "text, whatsapp text or have us call you", which I presume will all go to the old number I haven't had for ages. I got a reply saying log in and go to the help page, which doesn't seem to be much use as I'm my problem is to do with logging in, it also says "don't reply to this email as it is un monitored" which is also pretty unhelpful

?

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    It just says on the page they send either "text, whatsapp text or have us call you", which I presume will all go to the old number I haven't had for ages. I got a reply saying log in and go to the help page, which doesn't seem to be much use as I'm my problem is to do with logging in, it also says "don't reply to this email as it is un monitored" which is also pretty unhelpful

?
    That sounds a bit odd, with WhatsApp or having them call you.

Mine lets you choose between the 2 factor authentication options you've previously set or if you click 'Having trouble logging in?' it then has a page suggesting you call them, not the other way around.

What's the full page address you are trying to log into?

Hi and thanks for the reply,

the address is the following

https nospace ://www. nospace paypal.com/uk/signin

I put the no spaces in,

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Hi and thanks for the reply,

the address is the following

https nospace ://www. nospace paypal.com/uk/signin

I put the no spaces in,

cheers
    That's the one I use too, how peculiar that their 2FA guidance and wording differs for our accounts.

I'd try calling and explaining the situation, or perhaps the live chat option (if they have one) given I imagine you may be on hold for a while!

Ta for the reply,

I think I'll be giving them a ring sometime today to try and sort it, thanks for the help,

Richie

I have had the same 2fa options myself recently.

It was because i had bought 2 bracelets off ebay and was going to buy a third in quick succession which triggered the phone call or text only.

Normally the 2fa i use is aegis on my android phone.

It was because i was doing something suspcious to them that triggered the 2fa change.

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    I have had the same 2fa options myself recently.

It was because i had bought 2 bracelets off ebay and was going to buy a third in quick succession which triggered the phone call or text only.

Normally the 2fa i use is aegis on my android phone.

It was because i was doing something suspcious to them that triggered the 2fa change.
    Yes,

A lot of the firms online seem to be a complete rule unto themselves, take Photobucket for example. The inability to use Paypal has however kept me out of Sales Corner for a while !

Richie