closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bergeon 5537 back opener Chinese clones

Bergeon 5537 back opener Chinese clones

Anyone had any success with these?

I just bought a set branded Hedapai and the die doesn't fit - it's too loose and doesn't grip.

N5 29.50mm

N4 28 30mm grips but is obviously too small.

Was trying to open my explorer II

https://youtube.com/shorts/PCJb4Xjea...3G_IDMAwS9HyLB

20 year old watch going in for its 1st service - just wanted to have a look inside myself b4 sending it off

Last edited by Pras; 8th March 2024 at 12:50. Reason: add picture

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just buy the quality oyster die from Cousins £13.38 shipped or use a dab of contact adhesive and a sturdy wooden lever.
    Last edited by Bry1975; 8th March 2024 at 00:38.

Thanks for your reply.

I have ordered a Bergeon No5 29.50 die as cousins sell that very same Hedapai kit that doesn't seem to fit.
    Just strange that some watch forums stated that those kits work fine and I only wanted to open it once for myself so thought that kit would be good enough...

The adhesive trick did not work - the case back seems baked in as it hasn't been opened of for 20 years
    Last edited by Pras; 8th March 2024 at 12:06.

I've had Rolex casebacks that have been absolute bar stewards to remove, even with a Bergeon 5700C clamped down on the case as tight as the thread will allow and the correct Bergeon dies they have needed extra help in the form of adhesive. It's when you have a Gold case the trouble multiplies!

Bergeon 8008 rubber ball is my weapon of choice for that style of caseback.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I've had Rolex casebacks that have been absolute bar stewards to remove, even with a Bergeon 5700C clamped down on the case as tight as the thread will allow and the correct Bergeon dies they have needed extra help in the form of adhesive. It's when you have a Gold case the trouble multiplies!
    I still can't open it as its stuck too tight and the risk of slipping and damage is just too great for me. The OEM Bergeon grips it nicely and is a perfect fit.

I have attached a pic of the OEM Bergeon on the right and the "Hedapai" on the left. - I did try and measure the hedapai die as best as I can and it appears to be 30mm instead of the 29.50mm.