closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Looking for a bit of advice re Amsterdam. I am going to a concert in the Johan Cruyf arena and wondering if I'd be better booking a hotel near the arena or nearer to city centre. I'm going to be there a couple of days and a bit concerned about getting back to centre after the concert ( assume about 60,000 people will be going). Any advice?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    Looking for a bit of advice re Amsterdam. I am going to a concert in the Johan Cruyf arena and wondering if I'd be better booking a hotel near the arena or nearer to city centre. I'm going to be there a couple of days and a bit concerned about getting back to centre after the concert ( assume about 60,000 people will be going). Any advice?
    The Big Names Hotels are grouped around the Arena (booking.com has enough to offer) You can expect what you can expect from them in every other city around the world. Some are @ walking distance (0.5 km - 1.5 km). That's an advantage. Walking to and from the Arena before and after a concert is considered to be safe. At least I've never heard worrying things. The Arena area is not very welcoming by daylight, so to speak; lots of offices, big chain shops etc. (My wife has her office close-by, so parking is never a problem for us). For the 'atmosphere' you might want to choose a location in or near the city.

Check this when you decide to take public transport between the City and the Arena. https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/travel...t-in-amsterdam Take notice about how to obtain tickets for public transport. You can reach the Arena by bus, metro or train. I do not recommend taking the car up to the Arena. It can be done (there's a massive parking under the Arena) but you'll be in the traffic jam from hell.

Personally, I would opt to stay in a hotel nearby and use public transport, but not on the event's day to travel between the City and the Arena. Anyway, enjoy your stay in 'Damsko' = Rappers' street name for Amsterdam. And, just to be obnoxious: 'Cruijff' is the correct spelling. Beware: In Amsterdam, JC the soccer player is considered holier than the JC that once lived in the holy land...

(I am curious to know which concert you're going to, btw).
    Last edited by thieuster; 6th March 2024 at 16:57.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if there's a big difference in price but the Arena has a very good metro connection to the city centre, all within easy walking distance. Hotels in the city centre can be more 'nostalgic' though, it's all a bit business like around the Arena.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    The Big Names Hotels are grouped around the Arena (booking.com has enough to offer) You can expect what you can expect from them in every other city around the world. Some are @ walking distance (0.5 km - 1.5 km). That's an advantage. Walking to and from the Arena before and after a concert is considered to be safe. At least I've never heard worrying things. The Arena area is not very welcoming by daylight, so to speak; lots of offices, big chain shops etc. (My wife has her office close-by, so parking is never a problem for us). For the 'atmosphere' you might want to choose a location in or near the city.

Check this when you decide to take public transport between the City and the Arena. https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/travel...t-in-amsterdam Take notice about how to obtain tickets for public transport. You can reach the Arena by bus, metro or train. I do not recommend taking the car up to the Arena. It can be done (there's a massive parking under the Arena) but you'll be in the traffic jam from hell.

Personally, I would opt to stay in a hotel nearby and use public transport, but not on the event's day to travel between the City and the Arena. Anyway, enjoy your stay in 'Damsko' = Rappers' street name for Amsterdam. And, just to be obnoxious: 'Cruijff' is the correct spelling. Beware: In Amsterdam, JC the soccer player is considered holier than the JC that once lived in the holy land...

(I am curious to know which concert you're going to, btw).
    AC/DC 5th June. My son (now 50) is an avid fan and he's oersuaded me to go with him this time. I'm a bit old for head banging but I di like a good rock concert.

Blog Entries
    AC/DC 5th June. My son (now 50) is an avid fan and he's oersuaded me to go with him this time. I'm a bit old for head banging but I di like a good rock concert.
    My youngest an I wanted to go as well. But we were late for the party. Only 'iffy' seats @ a fortune.

Angus lives nearby where I live. His wife is from this part of the country. It's normal to see him with his beige raincoat on his bike. Picture an little old man with frizzy white hair in the queue at the supermarket.

Master
    I went to the Europa League Final there in 2013. No trouble in getting to and from the Arena from the City centre on the Metro. Quick and not expensive. Plenty of trains after the game.

Stay in the city. Much more to see and do.

As for AC/DC: I’m sure you’ll have a good time. Not the real deal though without Malc or Bon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely center. It will take you 20 mins from the center to the Arena with the metro.

I’d also advise you to stay in the city and travel out for the concert for all the reasons mentioned above. Have a great time let us know if you want any tips on hotels/watch shops in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk